Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 714

Author Topic: American Election Megathread - It's Over  (Read 751611 times)

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
Re: American Election Megathread
« Reply #1785 on: February 11, 2012, 01:36:44 pm »

Actually, why not have a primary where everyone can vote, and encourage everyone to vote? Then you get a candidate that has essentially already been elected by the politically-interested people ;P
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Montague

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: February 11, 2012, 02:21:15 pm »

Actually, why not have a primary where everyone can vote, and encourage everyone to vote? Then you get a candidate that has essentially already been elected by the politically-interested people ;P

I don't think Republicans would like Elite Liberals, Anarchists and Communists with a capital "C" determining who they should put on the election ballot.

I think it'd be funny though.

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
  • ☭The adventure continues (refresh)☭
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: February 11, 2012, 04:27:17 pm »

Because then you could end up with silly results like Ronald Reagan vs Himself.
The person supporting regenerating health, when asked why you can see when shot in the eye justified it as 'you put on an eyepatch'. When asked what happens when you are then shot in the other eye, he said that you put an eyepatch on that eye. When asked how you'd be able to see, he said that your first eye would have healed by then.

Professional Bridge Toll Collector?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: February 11, 2012, 04:45:05 pm »

Zombie Reagan vs. Mecha Reagan! It'd be a win-win for Reaganites everywhere.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: February 11, 2012, 04:46:36 pm »

I'd vote for Mecha Reagan, but only if it had boob missiles. Or nipple missiles, I guess.

Zombie Reagan gets no votes.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: February 11, 2012, 05:33:00 pm »

Why would anyone vote for zombie Reagan when you can vote for zombie Lincoln?
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: February 11, 2012, 07:26:39 pm »

Sounds like its Triage time. Ditch the stressing, and just keep doing what you can to tackle the most important things. You can fuss over the other bits as you can. Good luck!

I spent some time doing my civic duty to get educated regarding the upcoming American election. Without TV, I've been a bit out of the loop, regarding following debates, etc... which I feel I've somewhat resolved. Also, though I'm once again unsure how I feel about Ron Paul, I'm finding the whole Media Blackout on him more than a bit troubling... in fact, it bothers me a lot.

Jon Stewart, for all his foibles, did a damned good spot on this. Ignore the sensationalist title of the Youtube video, and give it a watch if you care to... it's pretty ridiculous, and heaps ever more doubt onto the paper-thin integrity of our available national news services. I'm pretty cynical, and even I find it hard to believe.

EDIT: Stance notwithstanding, I'm glad to see the audience was able to override CNN's repeat skipping of his chance to answer questions.

*Quote from another thread(sad thread)

Link to full debate: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zV0gFbfLaAo

Quick note, I think gingrich has a point on the outset. A Presidents personal life has never had a negative effect on his ability to do his job. In fact the presidents who did have personal problems come into the media, such as Clinton, were some of the best presidents the USA has had.
I think with Gingrich, people mistake a potential president for a celebrity, as far as im concerned a presidential candidate should debate the issues, not how he runs his marriage.

On Ron Paul... while I disagree with a great many things he says(but also agree with alot too), he is the only person ive seen talking about american politics who doesn't look like an absolute twit.
I see his logic, I see his reasoning, it's not just propaganda or misguidance like most of them do. It's bottled down to plain belief, either you agree or you don't.

I haven't kept up with American politics much lately, i'm just watching this debate to see what they all think(being british), but these are my two thoughts after watching the first video and the beginning of the debate.

*also I'd like to say, they really pulled together with gingrich to change the issue. They could have taken pot shots but none really did. Kept it clean.

**Difference from the UK, the American politicians when talking about the unemployed dont base everything on the idea that 'unemployed are lazy', they base it on the poor economy, which is exactly why people are unemployed.
It does feel like the conservative Americans are more honest about capitalism than the British, the British cons blame unemployment on lazy citizens because 'the economy is fine obviously!!' while they fire thousands and worsen the economy and reduce retraining schemes. Even the left do this in Britain. Because its popular to bash the unemployed over regulation of industry, way to kick a man when hes down to support the middle class vote.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 07:36:37 pm by Deadmeat1471 »

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: February 11, 2012, 07:49:59 pm »

*snip*
**Difference from the UK, the American politicians when talking about the unemployed dont base everything on the idea that 'unemployed are lazy', they base it on the poor economy, which is exactly why people are unemployed.
It does feel like the conservative Americans are more honest about capitalism than the British, the British cons blame unemployment on lazy citizens because 'the economy is fine obviously!!' while they fire thousands and worsen the economy and reduce retraining schemes. Even the left do this in Britain. Because its popular to bash the unemployed over regulation of industry, way to kick a man when hes down to support the middle class vote.
Durr Hurr... Not middle class voters anymore.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: February 11, 2012, 08:48:35 pm »

Why would anyone vote for zombie Reagan when you can vote for zombie Lincoln?

Mecha Lincoln + Mecha Regan.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Montague

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: February 11, 2012, 08:56:19 pm »

Mecha G.W. Bush. With WMD detectors installed.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: February 11, 2012, 09:04:48 pm »

Nothing but false positives.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: February 11, 2012, 09:17:04 pm »

Watching this debate now(a couple of days after the last one i posted)

Full debate:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4BuTa6rE4I&feature=related

Romney really looks like hes falling apart here, he seems to be resorting to partisan politics because the other guys are, or their supporters are. He should have risen above it like he 'apparently' said he would.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: February 11, 2012, 09:40:09 pm »

Remember, a vote for mecha roosevelt is a vote for peace.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: February 12, 2012, 01:13:51 am »

MFDR or Teddy?

Or both?? :P
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: February 12, 2012, 01:27:44 am »

Both... in the same mech-body. Siamese-twin mecha-Roosevelt (STMR), powered by nuclear fission and the tears of starved paraplegics. Their infinite fury and self-loathing will power the giant war-machine America uses to crush all that dares question the CARNIVAL, which is what STMR will rechristen the political process.

There will be bread and circus, guided by the steel fist of Roosevelt's hate. Those who question will be dismembered, starved, and then assaulted with onions, to further power STMR's reign. The excess limbs will be attached to the slave miners we cull from our enemy's leaders, so that they can mine the heavy minerals needed to power SMTR more efficiently.

This is our future. Note it well.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 714