Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 351 352 [353] 354 355 ... 714

Author Topic: American Election Megathread - It's Over  (Read 753893 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: American Election Megathread
« Reply #5280 on: September 10, 2012, 02:47:45 pm »

"Sure, I may have a black eye, but I struck a blow for FREEDOM!"

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5281 on: September 10, 2012, 02:48:25 pm »

Those pics are fucking priceless.
^

I needed a good laugh this morning :)
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5282 on: September 10, 2012, 03:08:53 pm »

Actually doing anything would improve Who The Hell Is Joe Biden's reputation in my eyes.
I dunno, I think getting into a bar fight with some dudes over a biker chick would improve Joe's image in certain circles.
If he gets into a fight with a Mongol that'll pretty well solidify the Hells Angels vote for Obama.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #5283 on: September 10, 2012, 05:07:29 pm »

I dunno, I think getting into a bar fight with some dudes over a biker chick would improve Joe's image in certain circles.

Getting in a fight with some dudes over a biker chick would be exactly what I'd expect from Joe Biden.  I've lived most of my life in and around Delaware.  We know where he's coming from.  Obama didn't pick him to talk pretty is all I'm sayin'.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5284 on: September 10, 2012, 05:12:53 pm »

See, we need more funny campaign pics/news in this thread, and fewer endless "debates" about gun control or Israel or whatever. First time I've smiled at this thread in ages.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #5285 on: September 10, 2012, 08:54:51 pm »

Sorry if this puts the partisanship back in your feel good political thread but I find these comments by a "top Romney advisor" on what to make of Romney losing ground in the polls too good to resist:

It’s horses**t. Nobody in Boston thinks we’re going to lose...PPP has these polls that just put chum in the water for the media. Sometimes I think there’s a conscious effort between the media and Chicago to get Republicans depressed...The 202 area code is dominated by people who will make more money if Obama is reelected, so it’s not just an ideological thumb they’re putting on the scale for him, it’s a business interest. (edited down to just give the broad strokes of the quote.)

Gee... wealthy individuals supporting political causes that would help them financially.  Yup, definitely Democrats to blame.  It's not like there are any candidates campaigning on a platform of huge giveaways to the rich and powerful.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #5286 on: September 11, 2012, 12:06:51 am »

Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #5287 on: September 11, 2012, 01:04:02 am »

Not too shabby.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5288 on: September 11, 2012, 08:07:39 am »

270towin.com just released a pretty cool interactive map of the house races with races people can adjust here.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5289 on: September 11, 2012, 12:58:10 pm »

That video seemed more anti-Romney than pro Obama. I don't think Hilary would put up with VP though.

By the way, lots of bashing Obama for the "staged photo-op bear hug" by the guy "who is a republican in name only".
According to the radio guys, the secret service authorized it up front and obama knew about it.

So there's the scandal brewing. Obama bribed a guy to pretend to be republican and bearhug him.
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5290 on: September 11, 2012, 01:08:26 pm »

???

Oh gracious. A photo-op wasn't a spontaneous event. Call the FBI.

As to the "Republican in name only", hey if the guy's a registered Republican, he's a registered Republican. It's a "no true Scotsman" thing.

Incidental to that, there's a story now about how this guy's pizza shop became a battleground on Yelp for political trolls.

Long story short, his listing on Yelp got review-bombed by a bunch of pricks downrating him solely because of his connection to Obama. And then counter-bombed by people giving it five stars as an offset. THIS IS WHAT POLITICS HAS BECOME. >_<

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5291 on: September 11, 2012, 01:13:48 pm »

It's certainly true that he was cleared by the secret service. You can tell that because Obama is within six feet of the guy without agents all over him. It's not like the service clears absolutely every establishment Obama visits on these tours. And if I were going to bear hug the president I'd want at least some assurance I wasn't going to be shot for my efforts.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5292 on: September 11, 2012, 01:32:19 pm »

I wonder if Obama can order the secret service to not protect him. He isn't technically in charge of them, so...
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5293 on: September 11, 2012, 01:54:46 pm »

I wonder if Obama can order the secret service to not protect him. He isn't technically in charge of them, so...

Presidents don't have that authority, I don't believe. The SS's first priority (at least, the part of the SS that's in charge of protection) is to protect high-level government officials and their families. They cannot be ordered to stand down except by a higher-up in the SS.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #5294 on: September 11, 2012, 03:12:30 pm »

So it was mentioned way back in this thread that investigations into voter fraud have turned up roughly 50 cases a year.  The democrats with pretty amazingly bad luck managed to nominate one of those 50 cases a year for a congressional race.  Wendy Rosen is dropping out of the race for MD-1st district after it was revealed that she voted in both Florida and Maryland in 2006.  Republicans are of course renewing their calls for restrictive voter laws in Maryland (which ain't going nowhere) despite the fact that none of their proposals would have actually deterred this case of double voting.  It's too late for the democrats to replace Wendy Rosen with another candidate, not that it would do them much good in such a conservative district.

This doesn't change much though.  Wendy Rosen has withdrawn from the race but it wasn't ever a competitive race to begin with.  Probably the most interesting thing about the race will be the sad spectacle of the debate next month.  The candidates left for the debate will be a tea party republican, a paleo-libertarian and a self financed perennial-independent who's to the right of the other two guys.  Considering that MD-1st is a quite conservative district this debate between three hard right conservatives should be quite the sight to see.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
Pages: 1 ... 351 352 [353] 354 355 ... 714