Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Some Ideas on Goblin Tor...!!Fun!!?  (Read 4193 times)

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
Re: Some Ideas on Goblin Tor...!!Fun!!?
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2011, 01:29:42 am »

Release them into a gauntlet of easily avoidable wooden spiked ball traps (ie. poorly made mechanisms) surrounded by 2 z-level pits. It shall be built in such a way that every time a goblin is knocked over the edge, he shall break half the bones/organs in his body and be sent back to the beginning of the labyrinth. He will try to make his way through the gauntlet again, and again, and again. In a few weeks, the pit will be so full of blood and vomit you won't be able to see the ground. Put a hatch on the exit ramp so you can lock them in once the traps start to run out.

Unfortunately, it's only a matter of time before they land on their head and break their necks from the fall. But it should be good fun up until that point.

Unfortunately, these would be Pits of Water - Im building right over an Aquifer, and couldnt be arsed Pumping and Collapsing My way through :D

Whenever I do inevitably go on a Magma Hunt though, Ill be sure to mix one of those in ;)
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2011, 04:53:09 am »

Release them into a gauntlet of easily avoidable wooden spiked ball traps (ie. poorly made mechanisms) surrounded by 2 z-level pits. It shall be built in such a way that every time a goblin is knocked over the edge, he shall break half the bones/organs in his body and be sent back to the beginning of the labyrinth. He will try to make his way through the gauntlet again, and again, and again. In a few weeks, the pit will be so full of blood and vomit you won't be able to see the ground. Put a hatch on the exit ramp so you can lock them in once the traps start to run out.

Unfortunately, it's only a matter of time before they land on their head and break their necks from the fall. But it should be good fun up until that point.

Or become a legendary monster that blocks the spiked balls with his face.

And now I'm hearing a quote from Fallout Tactics: "Me try disarm mine with foot."

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2011, 05:29:14 am »

Or become a legendary monster that blocks the spiked balls with his face.

And now I'm hearing a quote from Fallout Tactics: "Me try disarm mine with foot."

Now imagine when I was playing Fallout Tactics listening to an 80s Song called Call Me by I dont even remember who, and reading that.
It was truly hilarious :D
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2011, 08:57:45 am »

And I am Lord Dakassazir - Ruler of Colorbridge. And I say, if You have any Objections to Me, bring it on.
 :-X

If you would like to keep this thread of yours safely on its rails for the time being, I would suggest thinking twice before challenging me. Many a topic have been transformed into swirling cesspools of absurdity as a result of someone doubting a certain Omnipotent God-King of Everything's power.

Also, here's a couple more neat things to try out:

(Untested)Assuming your fort is in the appropriate climate, construct restraints to attach goblins to on frozen lakes/rivers during the colder seasons, and simply leave them out until the temperature start to rise again, eventually causing them to be plunged into the freshly thawed water. Not very spectacular visually, but being left out in the freezing cold for months, as they nervously wait for the ice to begin cracking beneath their feet, is certainly torturous by any standard.

Mob Beatings. Create a squad(or several squads)completely filled with untrained and unarmed dwarves, and watch as disarmed goblins are ruthlessly and recklessly kicked, punched, and bitten to death.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2011, 09:25:29 am »

And I am Lord Dakassazir - Ruler of Colorbridge. And I say, if You have any Objections to Me, bring it on.
 :-X

If you would like to keep this thread of yours safely on its rails for the time being, I would suggest thinking twice before challenging me. Many a topic have been transformed into swirling cesspools of absurdity as a result of someone doubting a certain Omnipotent God-King of Everything's power.

Also, here's a couple more neat things to try out:

(Untested)Assuming your fort is in the appropriate climate, construct restraints to attach goblins to on frozen lakes/rivers during the colder seasons, and simply leave them out until the temperature start to rise again, eventually causing them to be plunged into the freshly thawed water. Not very spectacular visually, but being left out in the freezing cold for months, as they nervously wait for the ice to begin cracking beneath their feet, is certainly torturous by any standard.

Mob Beatings. Create a squad(or several squads)completely filled with untrained and unarmed dwarves, and watch as disarmed goblins are ruthlessly and recklessly kicked, punched, and bitten to death.
One day, I may well accept that Challenge  ;)

For now...
Melting Lakes.
Interesting Idea.

Beatings are pretty regular. I have a Dojo for Training Unarmed Fighters. They practice on Goblins.

Harry959

• Bay Watcher
  • Anti-Flanking Bomber Goat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2012, 10:18:00 pm »

A 1x1 pit, filled with things that start with "C." Dozens and dozens of things that start with "C."

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
  • You might find it, whatever it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2012, 12:31:52 am »

A 1x1 pit, filled with things that start with "C." Dozens and dozens of things that start with "C."

Speaking of which, has anyone had any luck making a fireproof cave crocodile?

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2012, 01:38:38 am »

A Monster Pit... By Armok I need to get past this Aquifer.

Imagine this:
FORTRESS
=======
AQUIFER

The Problem: Im too damn lazy to collapse a chunk onto its sorry arse.

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2012, 02:27:33 am »

Imagine this:
FORTRESS
=======
AQUIFER

Use pumps, and build walls. If its a soil aquifer, then  the collapsing trick wont work.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2012, 04:46:35 am »

Imagine this:
FORTRESS
=======
AQUIFER

Use pumps, and build walls. If its a soil aquifer, then  the collapsing trick wont work.
Tis Sandstone. The thing is, I know how to do it. But at this stage, I blatantly dont feel like it.
My Plan, when I actually do it, is to do a Controlled Collapse. Then hollow out a massive Reservoir. Then, because My Fortress is completely sealed unless I open the Door for Migrants, I can stockpile Water for Drowning Chambers, Emergency Supplies, Obsidian, or whatever. As such, when I actually get around to it, Ill be doing the Collapse, then the Reservoir, then the Pipes and Pumps, then the Water Supply System which will run just outside the current Interior Walls, so as not to disrupt anything, before being raised onto the level itll be stored at, before being dropped DOWN into Rooms using Flootgates and Floor Hatches. Additionally, Ill need Water flowing to the Deeper Levels.
I have the Plans. I just need to get around to it :)

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2012, 05:22:27 am »

Imagine this:
FORTRESS
=======
AQUIFER

Tis Sandstone. The thing is, I know how to do it. But at this stage, I blatantly dont feel like it.
My Plan, when I actually do it, is to do a Controlled Collapse. Then hollow out a massive Reservoir. Then, because My Fortress is completely sealed unless I open the Door for Migrants, I can stockpile Water for Drowning Chambers, Emergency Supplies, Obsidian, or whatever. As such, when I actually get around to it, Ill be doing the Collapse, then the Reservoir, then the Pipes and Pumps, then the Water Supply System which will run just outside the current Interior Walls, so as not to disrupt anything, before being raised onto the level itll be stored at, before being dropped DOWN into Rooms using Flootgates and Floor Hatches. Additionally, Ill need Water flowing to the Deeper Levels.

I feel ya bro. It seems that dwarves are just way too afraid of water. can't blame them. I'm gonna see if dwarves will build in water if they have the amphibian tag. Then maybe we can have a caste of diver dwarves, to retrieve objects in the water, and set up underwater machinery....

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2012, 05:32:32 am »

I stand corrected, their helmets do a rather fine job of keeping them alive and suffering :P
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2012, 05:44:37 am »

I stand corrected, their helmets do a rather fine job of keeping them alive and suffering :P

My Advice: Use Strong Helmets. That way they dont get Head Injuries at all, most of the time.

Imagine this:
FORTRESS
=======
AQUIFER

I feel ya bro. It seems that dwarves are just way too afraid of water. can't blame them. I'm gonna see if dwarves will build in water if they have the amphibian tag. Then maybe we can have a caste of diver dwarves, to retrieve objects in the water, and set up underwater machinery....

Optionally, the most secure Fortress EVER.
Gobbos arent Amphibious, eh?

Ivir_Baggins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2012, 06:15:59 am »

Now imagine when I was playing Fallout Tactics listening to an 80s Song called Call Me by I dont even remember who, and reading that.
It was truly hilarious :D

Call Me is by Blondie
Moab is my washpot, and over Edom shall I cast out my shoe.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2012, 11:38:53 am »

One day, I may well accept that Challenge  ;)

For now...
Melting Lakes.
Interesting Idea.

Beatings are pretty regular. I have a Dojo for Training Unarmed Fighters. They practice on Goblins.

If Necro910 was here, this thread would've already been turned into a 17 page derail :P
DOORS ARE ALWAYS WATCHING.
Oh, and a door related maze wouldn't hurt. Random doors controlled by pressure plates, so that the path is constantly changing. Release Gobbos, release GCS/Hidden fun Dwarf squad, and you've got a recipe for lulz :D
Pages: 1 [2] 3