Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Some Ideas on Goblin Tor...!!Fun!!?  (Read 4195 times)

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
Some Ideas on Goblin Tor...!!Fun!!?
« on: December 30, 2011, 09:38:15 am »

In short, Ive come by a ton of Goblin Captives lately. Ive been amusing Myself with a Ballista, a Restraint surrounded by Spikes, a Drowning Pool, a Smasher Bridge, and a Colosseum, and of course, tiny Cells, and a Pasture. Because Goblins are dumb animals.

But this is beginning to become a narrow spectrum.

So, I seek Ideas! On how to slowly, painfully, Torture and Kill My Captives.
Which may in future also mean Elves.
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Intro1827

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Some Ideas on Goblin Tor...!!Fun!!?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2011, 10:24:15 am »

A room with pressure plates linked to bridges inside that same room, which open into various hazards (magma, spike pit, a ring of trained magma crabs, fallsplosion, whiptraps, etc...). It will most likely always keep a few goblins alive to watch for fun, while if the number gets too high, you'll spectate them die in a multitude of ways, all of which are beyond your control, adding a layer of randomness.
Everyone likes randomness.
In mid air, the dwarf continued to take hits from both the minecart and his own falling axe.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2011, 10:42:18 am »

A room with pressure plates linked to bridges inside that same room, which open into various hazards (magma, spike pit, a ring of trained magma crabs, fallsplosion, whiptraps, etc...). It will most likely always keep a few goblins alive to watch for fun, while if the number gets too high, you'll spectate them die in a multitude of ways, all of which are beyond your control, adding a layer of randomness.
Everyone likes randomness.

I have no idea how the hell I forgot about Whips.

This will be glorious!
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2011, 12:18:56 pm »

Type in Goblin, and Fun in the forum search bar.

???

Profit.

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2011, 12:54:37 pm »

congradulations, you now have your sacraficial army for taking on the clown car and learning how strong they are ^^ good luck!
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2011, 01:15:24 pm »

congradulations, you now have your sacraficial army for taking on the clown car and learning how strong they are ^^ good luck!

HFS normally wins, through sheer numbers

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2011, 03:22:24 pm »

HFS normally wins, through sheer numbers

i didnt say they had to survive.
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2011, 03:44:02 pm »

Make an arena, I like to have them face my dwarves in a fair fight. Both go in unarmed if the goblin wins five times drop it into the caverns and let it go,  it's a dorf now.

rridgway

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2011, 04:10:30 pm »

Congratulations, you now have your sacrificial army for taking on the clown car and learning how strong they are ^^ good luck!

HFS normally wins, through sheer numbers.

Which is why you capture every creature on the map which is hostile to dwarves (gobbos, elves, titans, FB's, animals, kittens, humans, kobolds, ), do that for a few decades, and then loose them all into an arena and pierce the circus so that they engage the prisoners. That'd probably cause the HFS to lose. Or at least severely deplete the initial performance.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2011, 04:36:33 pm »

Congratulations, you now have your sacrificial army for taking on the clown car and learning how strong they are ^^ good luck!

HFS normally wins, through sheer numbers.

Which is why you capture every creature on the map which is hostile to dwarves (gobbos, elves, titans, FB's, animals, kittens, humans, kobolds, ), do that for a few decades, and then loose them all into an arena and pierce the circus so that they engage the prisoners. That'd probably cause the HFS to lose. Or at least severely deplete the initial performance.

They normally just kill each other and the HFS clean up... Drain on FPS too D:
Gobbos + Trolls work nicely

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2011, 06:43:35 pm »

First of all, let me just say that, as the loving and benevolent god-king I am, I am  against the torture of any beings, and find your actions to be both completely intolerable and absolutely despicable.

That said, here's a few ideas:

Beast Chambers. Put a cage in a small enclosed area, fill it with any even remotely harmful animal you can get, and link it up to a lever. Any enemy that is in the chamber when the lever is pulled will likely be savagely ripped apart.

Beaten to death with wood/bone weapons.

One-dwarf firing squad. Recruit a dwarf with no archery skills, and have them fire at the goblin(which should be locked into a very small room) through fortifications, using wood/bone bolts.

Blood Bath. Make a small room to put the goblin in, and partially fill it with water. Above this small room, make another room covered with floor grates. The upper room will serve as an execution chamber(with other goblins as the victims for full effect). I haven't had the chance to test this, but the goblin locked in the lower room should gradually be showered and bathed in the blood of the executed above. Simply add more water when you finally wanna kill them off(unless blood actually adds to the liquid depth).

More methods involving cave-ins than I can describe.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2011, 09:23:16 pm »

First of all, let me just say that, as the loving and benevolent god-king I am, I am  against the torture of any beings, and find your actions to be both completely intolerable and absolutely despicable.

That said, here's a few ideas:

Beast Chambers. Put a cage in a small enclosed area, fill it with any even remotely harmful animal you can get, and link it up to a lever. Any enemy that is in the chamber when the lever is pulled will likely be savagely ripped apart.

Beaten to death with wood/bone weapons.

One-dwarf firing squad. Recruit a dwarf with no archery skills, and have them fire at the goblin(which should be locked into a very small room) through fortifications, using wood/bone bolts.

Blood Bath. Make a small room to put the goblin in, and partially fill it with water. Above this small room, make another room covered with floor grates. The upper room will serve as an execution chamber(with other goblins as the victims for full effect). I haven't had the chance to test this, but the goblin locked in the lower room should gradually be showered and bathed in the blood of the executed above. Simply add more water when you finally wanna kill them off(unless blood actually adds to the liquid depth).

More methods involving cave-ins than I can describe.
And I am Lord Dakassazir - Ruler of Colorbridge. And I say, if You have any Objections to Me, bring it on.
 :-X

That said...
Thanks!

Type in Goblin, and Fun in the forum search bar.

???

Profit.

Whee!

keyreper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2011, 10:55:33 pm »

drop them from 1 level or two levels above until all limbs are broken, then set him free, that is true !!FUN!!
The anwser to life, the universe, and everything as we know it is -MAGMA-

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2011, 12:10:24 am »

Release them into a gauntlet of easily avoidable wooden spiked ball traps (ie. poorly made mechanisms) surrounded by 2 z-level pits. It shall be built in such a way that every time a goblin is knocked over the edge, he shall break half the bones/organs in his body and be sent back to the beginning of the labyrinth. He will try to make his way through the gauntlet again, and again, and again. In a few weeks, the pit will be so full of blood and vomit you won't be able to see the ground. Put a hatch on the exit ramp so you can lock them in once the traps start to run out.

Unfortunately, it's only a matter of time before they land on their head and break their necks from the fall. But it should be good fun up until that point.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 12:16:10 am by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2011, 12:48:53 am »

Release them into a gauntlet of easily avoidable wooden spiked ball traps (ie. poorly made mechanisms) surrounded by 2 z-level pits. It shall be built in such a way that every time a goblin is knocked over the edge, he shall break half the bones/organs in his body and be sent back to the beginning of the labyrinth. He will try to make his way through the gauntlet again, and again, and again. In a few weeks, the pit will be so full of blood and vomit you won't be able to see the ground. Put a hatch on the exit ramp so you can lock them in once the traps start to run out.

Unfortunately, it's only a matter of time before they land on their head and break their necks from the fall. But it should be good fun up until that point.

Or become a legendary monster that blocks the spiked balls with his face.
Pages: [1] 2 3