Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 21

Author Topic: NDL- National Dungeon League ||| Turn 8! Don't touch.  (Read 21075 times)

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
  • Sweet flaming monkey fire WHY are they doing that?
    • View Profile
Re: NDL- National Dungeon League ||| Turn 3! Anyone can join fast any time!
« Reply #120 on: January 01, 2012, 11:30:07 am »

"I may be a thief, but so was this guy and you seemed to trust him enough to group with him. So it's kinda stupid to point that out right now. I'm also not 'claiming' valuables, I'm taking equipment that will help me stay alive. You would do the same, so don't criticize me."

Max then smiles thinly.

"And if I kill you all now, that means I have to fight the monsters on my own. So it's in my best interests to let you live. We need each other, like it or not."

Max holds up the bottle of booze he just found.

"By the way, you can have this, big guy, if you work with me."

I should have joined this earlier! Mind if I make a character anyway?

"It's LeStronge, not Le Strong! Get it right!"

"Whatever, just make sure your ready." The guard said as he wrote Maxwell's name down properly this time. Maxwell shook his head in despair and waved his hand as he went off to go buy/steal some equipment.

He was born on the streets and had quickly found he had a talent for taking things without people noticing anything. He could sneak around well, hide well (which came in handy when running from guards), climb and run good, pick a lock and even knew where to stick a blade in someone's back for maximum effect. He was a dirty fighter, but then again, he was a thief after all so he couldn't care less about how he fought, as long as he won.

He saw this as an opportunity to finally make some real money, as he knew he had nothing to loose anyway.

Go pickpocket some money from in the edges of a crowd, then go check out other contestants that are entering, before doing so myself.

Spoiler: Gear (click to show/hide)

No where ther do i see any mention of booze. (Excluding the inexplicable mystery booze just lying around,Probably next to the mystery wands, and handgrenades) So Max is bribing the troll with non-exsistent booze. I call shenanigans.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 11:39:50 am by Monkeyfacedprickleback »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 01, 2012, 11:36:50 am »

Followed by the inventory:
Quote from:  Inventory for each player!!
Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Azthor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tiruin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: UltraValican (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: mcclay (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Monkey... (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Zako (click to show/hide)

@mcclay: that was the roster of everyone. Toaster is currently dying.

@Monkey: You're right. Zako did NOT get any whiskey. You did though.

I'd really appreciate it if people don't lie about what they have and track their coins.

((Sorry for these posts but all the other posts get me confused.  :'( ))

Why do I even do this...Now, the money listed is not yet affected by the spectators watching except for those stated. And this is prone to error due to the numerous posts.  :-\ Fixed.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 01, 2012, 11:44:10 am »

I picked up toasters bottle of whiskey. Does he still have it when I found him?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 01, 2012, 11:53:14 am »

List of actions until now:

> Monkey: Elect Markoz as group leader since, he's probably smarter and better educated then me and thetroll, So he'll hopefully make better decisions. Plus any leader is better then no leader since without a leader we all end up arguing what to do.

>Tiruin: Alle then tries to aid the man (Toaster), wounded and dying he may be, he tries helping him.

> Zako aims to kill Toaster and loot his corpse. Threatening anyone that gets near.

> IronyOwl and Monkey agree to trade
:
1 rope, 1 sp = Healing Scroll. The former goes to Monkey, the latter to IronyOwl.

> Toaster bemoans his fate, saying in a hushed tone : "Urgh... stay out of the Thieves' Guild!"

> Monkey takes Aim at Max(?) {Zako presumably} with his bow and throws a threat!
"You heard the man, Steal from him and you steal from the guild. Steal from the guild and i'll put an arrow throughyour throat." says Caleb.

> Ghazkull observes the spectacle. Huzzah!

> Thieves' Guild is a lie! {Just saying...}

> IronyOwl suggests roasting Toaster by fireball. Then suggests healing by scroll.

> Azthor is stuck between the real booze and the fake booze...the fake one being something Zako just "found". Who shall he team up with now?

> Someguy named Yoink inquires about joining in! Huzzah!

> Monkey gets...well...he throws his bomb at Zako, before he kills them all! {25 foot area room...lets hope it doesn't affect all of us since nobody moved yet. We need confirmation here on whether it is timed or not, lest we all die/get hurt.}

> Zako decides to break for it and uses Toaster as a meatshield! Hopefully after it explodes, he would use one of Toaster's daggers as a weapon against Monkey!

> Azthor telepathically tries to tell Monkey to dodge the dagger, before the bomb goes off. How does he do it?

>mcclay throws a fireball at Zako!

EDIT: Zako states he is "stealing" Toaster's whiskey as the man lies dying, "picked it up!" Clever...this is now the 'fake' booze!

{I am not the mod here, just summarizing everything so some viewers (me included) won't miss out and gain a headache.)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 12:09:18 pm by Tiruin »

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 01, 2012, 12:04:08 pm »

Don't forget my spell throwing at Zako, dude is gonna be a roasted/exploded dude pretty soon.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 01, 2012, 12:21:42 pm »

Man I was totally going to leave you guys alone, then someone freaked and threw a bomb. Hopefully toasters body will also shield me from the fireball...

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 01, 2012, 02:31:43 pm »

> Azthor telepathically tries to tell Monkey to dodge the dagger, before the bomb goes off. How does he do it?

41st level Demilich Illithid Archmage. Told you so.  ;)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 08:15:40 am by Azthor »

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 01, 2012, 02:36:03 pm »

Do you have any idea how pathetic thrown knive are? even if the hit they have at most 50% chance of hitting you with the sharp bit. And since tey always rotate it's unlikely you'll get more then a glancing scratch. Plus i'm wearing armour which will negate most of the damage if it does hit me. Screw dodging I block with my off(left) hand and ready my bow.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 01, 2012, 02:47:40 pm »

*coughs blood on people wanting to kill him*
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 01, 2012, 03:07:26 pm »

Don't worry Toaster, when I get my raise zombie spell I shall use you to create a legion!

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 01, 2012, 04:36:40 pm »

Good god, you people do post fast! Tell me if I missed something important in writing this turn.

Monkey is currently holding the crystal. Markoz only stood over it, and Tiruin was going to grab it but backed off when Markoz made a move for it.

Yoink, I guess I did imply in the first post that you might actually need to form a group before entering. That's not really the case any more, since the crystals are the only thing enforcing it and everybody's at eachother's throats. Just march on into the dungeon once you're done it town, and try to make friends (or be really good at killing people).

Also, if you want to do something subtly, you can PM me about it. I'll still (unless maybe you're alone in another room) reveal what you're doing when I post the turn, but it will prevent people from planning based on your actions.

Regarding raising the dead- I'll allow it, but since I do in fact want some characters to die, it's not going to be super easy. It'll go something like: Cantrip: None, Basic: Raise Ghost, Advanced: Raise Zombie, Powerful: Raise dead with level loss, Master: True Resurrection. You might find/steal a book of true resurrection, but the consequences of miscasting could be serious.

One last thing.
Observation: as a Troll, Tog can easily regenerate his whole corpse off a leg.
Fire and acid can finish off a troll, but they are not super effective in and of themselves.
Do you have any idea how pathetic thrown knive are? even if the hit they have at most 50% chance of hitting you with the sharp bit.
Beware, posts like this will not actually do anything to change your character, nor make you any less likely to die when the dice hit the fan.

Turn 4
Tiruin / Alle: You rush to the aid of Systar! Unfortunately, you have no medical supplies, and CPR does little to heal a gaping chest wound. He dies. For some reason, Caleb throws a bomb! (2) You are caught in blast and take a good bit of fire and schrapnel. You can still move around fine, but you doubt you could take another serious hit like that.

Zako / Max LeStronge: (16) You take the booze from Systar and offer it to the troll, much to his pleasure. However, Caleb doesn't tolerate it. He throws a bomb at you! (16) You use Systar's corpse to shield you, and only get hurt a little, relatively speaking. (3) A fireball catches you off guard and does some more damage.

IronyOwl / Riggle: You trade with Caleb for the cantrip healing scroll. (3) You cast the scroll on Systar, but it's not enough to save him. (8) You're caught off guard as a bomb goes off, injuring you moderately. (12) Your hand is getting worse! From your combined wounds, you double over again and vomit blood. Your vision is getting blurry.

Toaster / Systar: You say, "Stay out of the Thieves' Guild!" THEN YOU DIE.

Azthor / Tog: You drink booze from another little man. (19) You hear a loud noise. Whatever.

Monkeyfacedprickleback / Caleb Graw: Max LeStronge loots the body of systar, a thieve's guild member. You aren't going to get him get away with it. You light your bomb fuse close to the nub and chuck it at him. Unfortunately he evades most of the blast by using Systar's body as a shield. (5) In fact, you yourself catch a little of the blast. Ouch!

mcclay / Markoz: (5) You take a pretty good hit from Caleb's bomb. You're still pissed at Max though, enough to shoot a fireball at him. (7) You catch Max off guard with a fireball, but it fizzles a little and doesn't do a ton of damage. You consider shouting a one-liner about time warps, but think better of it.

UltraValican / DragoMcDabu: You mostly ignore the goings-on in favor of picking your nose.

-----
MEANWHILE, IN TOWN
-----

Ghazkull: You join the audience! Everybody competing gains a silver piece; you should now start with 13. You can now throw priceless statuettes at the contenders. You consider extorting them, but you'll need to actually communicate with them first. They are down in the pit, and you have a personal viewing box high in the grandstand. Going lower puts you at risk of errant arrows and fireballs.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
Re: NDL- National Dungeon League ||| Turn 4! Anyone can join fast any time!
« Reply #131 on: January 01, 2012, 04:50:58 pm »

WHAT! A guy goes shopping for one day....
Continues foward, being careful to avoid possible traps.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 01, 2012, 05:16:22 pm »

Use antidote scroll on Riggle. Start shooting Max with arrows. If anyone comes close retreat and shoot arrows at them. Aside from markoz.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 05:18:54 pm by Monkeyfacedprickleback »

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 01, 2012, 07:38:40 pm »

fire ball Max and if he is still aliv e run up and stab him
((can we see our current inventory and health?))

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 01, 2012, 07:48:34 pm »

Denizens of the Pit, rejoice: The Doctor has arrived!

Dr. Ulrich von Grekenhoff has decided to bring his Advanced Healing Spellbook join you poor miserable souls in the Pit. He offers the following medical services:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Doctor will advertise his services in town before going into the Pit.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 21