Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21

Author Topic: NDL- National Dungeon League ||| Turn 8! Don't touch.  (Read 21048 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

Taming, eh? I'll allow you make a roll to tame any creature that isn't hostile to you. Most of the creatures you encounter will be hostile, of course- how you calm them down is up to you. Have a chicken drumstick on the house.

Alright everybody- skills exist, stats exist, but for now, we're playing rules-loose. Try something, and you'll probably get some kind of roll.

The reason it's rules-loose, of course, is so you can roll characters quickly.

Enter the Pit
The Pit is a large area surrounded by temporary grandstands. You go in by the competitor's entrance, which is little more than a wooden stairway set in the dirt. Inside the pit, you are in a dirt trench about ten feet deep, with an open ceiling- you can hear the noise of the crowd in the grandstands. The trench here is about five feet wide, meant to simulate a corridor, and after walking through it you find yourselves all in a "room" about 25 feet square. Besides the open corridor entrance, there are three doors- one to the north ajar, one to the west chained closed with a large, showy padlock, and on to the south which is closed but not obviously locked.

An NDL representative walks along the surface of the pit (that is, atop the trench ten feet above you) and calls to you. "Listen up, I'm not telling you twice: You're at the east end of the pit, right now. At the west end is our teleporter, which will be your only way out." A portcullis closes the way behind you. "There are three teleporter crystals you'll need to use it- that means only three of you are getting out! Pick your friends. Luckily for you nobody in the first round managed to get out with a crystal. I'll let you guys decide who gets to hold the first one." He then hefts up a giant spider and throws it into the "room" you're in. It has a crystal tied to its back.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
Re: NDL- National Dungeon League ||| Turn 1! Anyone can join fast any time!
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2011, 09:19:36 pm »

Axe the spider can it spare a minute.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
  • Sweet flaming monkey fire WHY are they doing that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2011, 09:25:28 pm »

Can I still join? If so I want to be a rogue.

Caleb Grew up on the steets learning how to steal at an early age. with his quick wit he Was good at using magic items and devices. After a stint in the local jail and with no money or possesion to his name, He decided to try his luck with The NDL. Hey thing can't get much worse right?

Equipment

2 dagger
1 bow+arrows
1 set of leather armour
1 set of lockpicks.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2011, 09:45:51 pm »

"Oy!  You two!  Drogo and Riddle, is it?  There's three of us and three crystals- see what I mean?  Let's start with this spider freak here."

Sneak around behind the spider as Drogo distracts it and try to relieve it of a couple legs.  Or, you know, stab out its knee analogs with my good dagger.

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2011, 09:50:04 pm »

"Agreed!" Riggle exclaimed immediately, not wanting to be left behind.

Launch fireball at spider.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2011, 09:51:57 pm »

"SURE", Drogo yelled as he hefted his axe,"and when were done with this Brute...."
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2011, 10:07:08 pm »

Would you specify what level of fireball that is?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2011, 10:31:49 pm »

Basic. Is it possible to cast a spell or level of a spell when you don't have the spellbook for it?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2011, 10:40:20 pm »

No. However I will let you buy it retroactively for the purist of keeping the game smooth.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2011, 10:52:02 pm »

I can buy a ticket? I do so?

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2011, 11:09:28 pm »

Shopping list: fireball-basic
Sword

Action: Markoz launches a fireball at the beast while yelling "Whose with me?"

((Will we get more money as time goes on and if so will there be dungeon shops and stuff. Also will the Pit also have useful items in it.))
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2011, 11:11:04 pm »

Alle frowned at the effort. Usually, first attempts at achieving goals needed teamwork, not a speed chase towards who would get it first. That should be after the danger was passed. And yes, there was teamwork. But it did not include the survival of everyone in it.

He knew he had to do something or people would die. Even if it did include him. That was a guardsman's duty. Or...was.

He yells simple expletives at the spider, banging the haft of his spear against his shield producing much noise, hoping the ones deciding to flank it would kill it as he provided the distraction. That, or his spear.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2011, 11:20:28 pm »

((Will we get more money as time goes on and if so will there be dungeon shops and stuff. Also will the Pit also have useful items in it.))

Yes, yes and yes. As Criptfeind has now joined the audience, everybody gets one more silver piece (or starts with 11sp). He may throw broken bottles into the pit if he so chooses.

Edit: Moneyfacedprickleback feel free to take a town action if you want, or to spend your shiny new silver piece. As a thief character, you also might not be limited to what you can afford...
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 11:31:14 pm by Sensei »

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2011, 11:31:19 pm »

Because of this my charcter now has leather armor. Why you say, because dieing to Kobolds sucks.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2011, 11:43:19 pm »

Gee, I sure do feel like I'm making more notes than I should.

For the record, you should keep track of which items are the NDLŽ brand if they have the same name as other, town-made items.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21