Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21

Author Topic: NDL- National Dungeon League ||| Turn 8! Don't touch.  (Read 21027 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: NDL- National Dungeon League ||| Turn 6! Oh yes, we're back.
« Reply #270 on: January 25, 2012, 11:13:35 am »

'Pfff. Summoners are considered better than a necromancer, especially an exiled goblin one.'

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 25, 2012, 12:45:57 pm »

"Tog never go to eat... TOG HUNGRY, MUST FIND FOOD!"

Secure the axe. Charge through the land passage, tearing  apart the first "walking  steak" Togs comes across.

(Cliched, I know, but a Troll Berserker is not a creature of many motivations... Nor aspirations, for that matter)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 25, 2012, 01:27:02 pm »

"True, but this is your chance at an ally that isn't... well, a zombie."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 25, 2012, 04:49:16 pm »

Tell the anouncer"I'm an Ogre you racist"
Examine your surroundings if things look safe contiune
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 25, 2012, 11:32:34 pm »

Bump!
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 25, 2012, 11:55:01 pm »

*Cough*RiggleIronyOwlmustact*Cough*

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 26, 2012, 12:19:45 am »

For the record- we await Ironyowl, Monkeyfacedprickleback, and Grek.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 26, 2012, 01:06:33 am »

And me- until now.

Head away from the other groups.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
  • Sweet flaming monkey fire WHY are they doing that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 26, 2012, 04:47:37 am »

Umm, my computer is on the fritz so I prbably won't  be able to post for a while. Doing this from phone. Have my guy do rogue stuff, following suggestions of my team mates riggles and the guardsman. Unless they attack me or it'sclearly not in my best intrests.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 26, 2012, 04:50:17 am »

"Hey, you. Caleb. Watch my back, we have more company.

"Also, could you search this place for any traps? Mostly that humid part there?"
He points to the watery area in the room.

"Where's our mage-fellow by the way?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 26, 2012, 12:14:42 pm »

>Head down further, looking for others to team up with.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 26, 2012, 08:39:24 pm »

Grek says he's not interested in playing right now. That opens a slot and leaves us just waiting for IronyOwl.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 26, 2012, 09:18:41 pm »

Sorry about that.

Follow allies, inspect water.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 28, 2012, 07:20:32 pm »

It sure is hard to keep this updated- I can't believe it was on page four already!

Oh and, for the record, there's now one spot open (Grek's). I won't post it on the thread title for now, nine people is enough and I don't want a stack of people waiting to get in.

Edited in: I missed IronyOwl and Monkeyfacedprickleback's actions originally- since they were following people I saved their turns for last. Then I forgot. :P

Turn 7

Tiruin / Alle: You muse aloud about the threat of competitors. (19) Fortunately, nobody seems to hear you. You turn to Ulrich and say, "Treat us if we need it! And fine, go ahead and pick our pockets afterwards!" As evidently the only man in the Pit who holds human life sacred, you're getting more than a little testy. You distance yourself from the "doctor" before you say anything that might prevent him from healing you when you really need it, though. You approach the elephant in the room, a sales stand placed inside the Pit. You only start to ask what the man in said stand sells when he starts talking, just about exploding with enthusiasm. "WHY HELLO! Congratulations, you've found one of three shops inside the NDL® Pits!" He actually says the '®'. "I can offer you NDL® Brand healing potions, for just three silver pieces each! Or, the NDL® Miracle Potion™, for the low price of four silver pieces- guaranteed to potentially save you with divine miracles in your time of need! What'll it be sir?" He continues smiling as you hear a loud roar from the west.

Yoink / Delboe: In venturing through the door to the north, you think, you have a completely random chance of what to expect- it could be anything. Knowing that death or salvation lies through there, you figure it averages out to neutral, far better than sticking around with these scheming, bloodthirsty summoner types. You venture north and push the door open, finding to your pleasant surprise a normal hallway. Nonetheless you step forward with deliberation, pick at the ready. The end of the hallway is a T-junction. On your left, it looks like you've hit a jackpot, sort of. You see a teleport crystal. It is suspended in the middle of a 20-foot room which, in lieu of a traditional "floor", has an eight foot deep pit (or if you prefer, deeper portion of the pit you're already in) with a pair of slavering wolves in it. There is a ladder lying on the ground there. The crystal is, in addition, inside a cage locked with a padlock. To your right, is a small room with what is ostensibly a "treasure chest" by the looks of it. Like, you know how you saw a treasure chest in a cartoon (in the period-appropriate news publication) and said "They don't actually make containers like that!" Someone saw that cartoon and made one. From somewhere, you hear a loud roar. Much to your chagrin, the summoners waltz in, looking at rooms like prospective home buyers who don't actually intend to spend any money.

Grek / Dr. Ulrich: (Resigned) A thrown statue hits you in the head, fatally breaking your third spinal cord. Ye are dead.

mcclay / Markoz: If that ork/orc/ogre can do it, so can you! You prepare yourself mentally for the ten foot flight over a pit of deadly spikes. When you think you've finally found your zen, you pry a plank off the wall, and set yourself up for a heroic pole-jump. However, you notice that the removed plank has revealed a cavity! When you loosen a few more, you reveal a completely ordinary walkway that leads around the spike pit. You walk through, and bust off the planks at the other end. It's a good thing too because that pole jump idea totally wouldn't have worked. You hear some disappointed sighs from the crowd above you. Suddenly there is a loud roar from the north, and the crowd starts cheering.

Azthor / Tog: You charge forwards... wherever that is. You encounter a T-junction and (Coin:Heads) go left. Three giant rats attack you in the hallway! (15) You have a little trouble swinging your axe around, but you kill the first easily (13) then the second, (3) unfortunately, your lack of clothing proves the be a weakness, and the third rat, as big as a dog and with teeth for chewing through wood, bites you somewhere only a troll would leave exposed. In a very un-trollish moment, you yell and drop your axe. The crowd is cheering!

UltraValican / DrogoMcDabu: Is it safe to continue? Well, the ground ahead of you sure looks better than the spike pit you're lying awkwardly in. You hoist yourself out and step forward, wary of traps. The hallway twists left and right a few times, revealing a lot of traps that have been disabled- a sprung bear trap, some buckets of acid that have been carefully removed from an armature which would drop them when a string at ankle-height was tripped, and a pile of rubble that fell down from above the pit at some point. Then you reach a room with some kind of monster in it- a reptile the size of two men. It's already dead from multiple arrows and blows from sharp weapons. (2) Someone you didn't see in the room grabs you from behind! (10) He tries to slit your throat with a knife, but thanks to your armor, cuts you across the jaw instead. It's a deep cut, but it doesn't stop you from fighting. He's still holding onto you!

Toaster / Thrakor: You have a conversation with the other summoner about why you should team up. You then decide to avoid everybody and go (d3:3) north. At least there's only one guy there. You see a room on your right with a treasure chest, a room on your left with a crystal in a suspended cage and some wolves below. And in the middle, a miner who would really rather avoid you. In the middle, is a miner who would probably rather avoid you. Behind you enters a necromancer you would probably rather avoid (unless I'm misinterpreting what you mean by "other teams" in which case whatever). You hear what you recognize as a troll yelling.

IamanElfCollaborator / Calvander: You talk with Thrakor, the imp summoner, about making a team, then he kind of walks off to the north. Not sure whether he's really teamed up with you, you awkwardly follow him. You see a room on your right with a treasure chest, a room on your left with a crystal in a suspended cage and some wolves below. And in the middle, a miner who would really rather avoid you and a summoner who might be avoiding you as well. You hear a yell.

IronyOwl / Riggle: You stick close to your friends and peer into the water intently. (4) You don't see crap.

Monkeyfacedprickleback / Caleb: (Automatic) You continue to not do much. (3) You look around and fail to find anything interesting.

Spectators: Ghazkull throws a statuette at Dr. Ulrich, fatally wounding him!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 08:23:44 pm by Sensei »

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
Re: NDL- National Dungeon League ||| Turn 7! The game is afoot.
« Reply #284 on: January 28, 2012, 07:27:17 pm »

Markoz snickers at the ogre before fling a fireball at him and continuing along the passage.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21