Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21

Author Topic: NDL- National Dungeon League ||| Turn 8! Don't touch.  (Read 21032 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

(Have you guys forgotten us?)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(NO! WE'VE BEEN FORGOTTEN!)

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile

Nothing of this would have happened had you not collaborated with... Elves!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

-strangles with a *adamantine sock*-

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Damn you Sensei. Why must everything you make be an awesome idea doomed to an early grave?

In other words, you make nothing but unicorns with cancer. It's better than no unicorns, but still. :-\
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I still remember the hardcore RTD. At least I got to do something in that before its untimely death. :(
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

Sorry! Busy happened, then finals week/SAT is coming up. Oh, and I played minecraft. :P

I will nonetheless attempt to remove the tumor. For realz. Really.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

Quote from: Monkeyfacedprickleback
(I'm fine with all that taking more then one turn if I get bonuses for taking my time and being careful or if the the GM thinks I put too much in a single turn. I'd rather be slow but sure when it comes to traps and locks.)
Don't worry about penalties for attempting a lot of actions in a turn. That would only be a problem if, say, you're running from people who are shooting at you, or trying to hurry relative to someone else. If I do think you're trying to do too much -you can do a lot, by the way- then you just won't complete everything in that turn.

For your convenience: The dungeon that we know of consists of a main room with three doors. The west door has been smashed and leads to a new room. The north door is ajar and unexplored, and the south leads to a corridor with a spike pit and some wood-planked walls, and a battering ram trap is still hanging in its deactivated state there. The dungeon hasn't got a ceiling, it is sunlit from above and there is a crowd of spectators throwing garbage at you.

...good god, has it really been two weeks? Heh, so much for "Update sunday"...

Turn 6

Monkeyfacedprickleback / Caleb Graw: You loudly proclaim "Thank god I thought to get that troll banishing scroll! Thank me later." (17) You look pretty convincing about it- at least, you didn't say anything stupid. You then attempt to pick the lock on the door. You fail, because the door has been ripped from its hinges and smashed to splinters. You give a healing scroll to Riggle before entering. The room beyond just extends a good ten feet out, and then the far wall has a trench of water. (8) The water is murky and you can't see much from here. Off to one side on the bit of land in the room is a man at a wooden stand selling NDL merchandise. Or it's labeled that way; there isn't any merchandise visible- only a man in NDL uniform, sitting and looking expectant.

Tiruin / Alle: You follow Caleb Graw through the door smashed during what may or may not have been a troll banishing. You see what he sees. (12) You think there might be a a gap in the far wall of the new room, underwater. However, you can't see clearly enough into the water to tell if something might be lurking beneath the surface... a strange man follows in after you and asks if you need medical assistance.

IamanElfCollaborator / Calvander: You are already in the dungeon. You sense some small corpses and try to resurrect them. (18)(2)(15) You get a zombie of a dog on your first try! It bursts out of the ground. You miscast your next spell and (19) are pretty sure you sucked someone's soul out, far away from you. You also manage to resurrect a fairly harmless skeleton of a rabbit. You show off your new pets! (19) Some other guy summons an imp, but your zombies are totally more awesome. Seeing three people have just entered the dungeon, a man standing on the wall above hands you all fliers. It says "There are three teleporter crystals hidden here. Take them to the teleporter somewhere. Only three of you can get out alive. Watch out for traps." You observe an open door to the south, a destroyed door to the west, and an ajar door to the north.

Toaster / Thrakor: You stand in the dungeon to see a man summon two undead creatures out of the ground. Deciding to show that you're the top necromancer in this joint, you summon an imp! (10) It's an imp alright, but it's kind of a runt. You lose the necromancer pissing contest. On bright side, you scare the pants off of some other new bloke. Seeing three people have just entered the dungeon, a man standing on the wall above hands you all fliers. It says "This is a pretty safe dungeon, but the other people are out to get you! The only important thing to know is to stay away from any crystals you see, they're dangerous!" You observe an open door to the south, a destroyed door to the west, and an ajar door to the north.

mcclay / Markoz: You pick up the dagger. (20) You've felt this before- it's haunted! Luckily, you learned everything there is to know about these in college. You know how to use it safely, giving you a magical bonus to attacks with it.  You pick up the caltrops and lockpicks off of the posthumous thief. (20) You even wedge his body onto the spears in the trap so that they stay up, making it pretty much harmless now. After getting through the spears, you see Drogo taking a flying leap over a pit of spikes! That stupid orc is going to kill himself! You can hardly bear to watch...

Yoink / Delboe: (1) You try to feel worried about your situation, but are unable to muster self pity as the Pit is open to the sky and your armor is even quite comfortable. You're about to ask the two other strange men about how you plan to get out alive (and rich), but one of them summons an evil monster! You lose your cool and let out a very girlish yelp. Seeing three people have just entered the dungeon, a man standing on the wall above hands you all fliers. It says "There are three teleporter crystals hidden here. Take them to the teleporter somewhere. Only three of you can get out alive. Watch out for traps." You observe an open door to the south, a destroyed door to the west, and an ajar door to the north. Suddenly, (9) a rock nails you in the back of the head! You bleed a little. The rock has a dwarven rune on it. WILL THOSE DAMNABLE CREATURES AFFORD YOU NO SOLACE?

Grek / Dr. Ulrich Von Grekenhoff: You pick a random way to run after people. (d6:3) You go through a door that has been smashed open, to find yourself in a room with an armored man, a thief-looking type, a trench of water and an NDL sales stall of some sort. You ask the nearest one if he has any need of medical assistance. You think you hear something fall down near you.

IronyOwl / Riggle: You use Caleb's healing scroll on yourself. (12) Not perfect, but it does the job alright. You decide to let him and Tiruin explore the new, smashed door. You sort of skulk in the corner, trying not to get much attention for now from the three newbies that enter the room. Two of them start summoning undead, the other looks like a miner, in some shiny iron armor. An NDL workers comes and gives them an extra short version of the spiel you got when you came in, he hands them fliers.

Azthor / Tog: You try to swim to the surface, short on breath. (19) You stand up. The water comes to your shoulders. You think to yourself how glad you are that it turned out so convenient, except you're a troll and you don't know what convenient means. As you recover from the haze of your rage, You find that you're in a room with water, a bit of ground, and a passage from the land that makes a sharp turn after just a few feet, so you can't see down it.

UltraValican / DrogoMcDabu: You take a good look at the planks lining the wall. You almost have a great idea, but then decide to shoot them. You change your mind and take a good look at the ten foot pit of spikes and think, "I CAN DO THIS!" You back up and proceed to take a running leap. (13) You are above the spikes. Time appears to go by in slow motion, you can look at each one- they're steel posts, each cut at a shallow angle and then sharpened, and pounded into the mud of the excavated pit. You're falling, in your heavy armor, down towards them... you think you can make it. (19) You fall into the pit at the very and, your shoddy armor makes a loud noise and it deflects one spike, bending it into the mud. You're at the end of the pit. You lucky orc.

Spectators: Ghazkull, in medical anger, throws a priceless statuette at Dr. Ulrich (9) (Un?)fortunately, it misses. Geen joins (+1 silver) and, in dwarven anger, throws a rock at Delboe. (18) Nailed him! Playergamer also joins (+1 silver). The new silver total is 15! New players start with 15 silver and players already in get 2 silver pieces (unless I screwed up the math).
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: NDL- National Dungeon League ||| Turn 6! Oh yes, we're back.
« Reply #263 on: January 25, 2012, 06:06:41 am »

"Is it just me, or are the chances of getting another crystal dwindling with every competitor?

"...I said that out loud, didn't I?"
Alle said, looking around strangely at the people around him. He turns to the strange man.

"Treat us when you see us wounded, then pick your pay afterwards, from our pockets if you want," he said bluntly. Who would want to make a quick coin at this moment? He nodded to Caleb, cast a glance back out the room for the whereabouts of Riggle and moved on.

Move to the man in NDL and inquire about his purpose. If a merchant, ask what is his trade and goods.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 25, 2012, 06:33:59 am »

Delboe whirled around, pick at-the-ready for any nearby dwarves. Seeing none, he calmed down a little, growling under his breath. "Bastard dwarves... Well, that's what I signed fer, givin' them bastards a taste a' their own..."
He trailed off, occasionally adding a curse or two as he glanced over the others in the room.
Deciding not to trust anyone just now, what with bizarre magic and dwarven stones being thrown around, Delboe shall instead head on through the northern door, pick raised and ready for action as he squints inside.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 25, 2012, 09:49:10 am »

Even more enraged throw more bricks at Grekkenhof!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 25, 2012, 09:58:39 am »

"Nice zombies, fellow mage.  Shall we team up and show these rubes the true might of magic?"

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 25, 2012, 10:06:27 am »

Markoz laughed as the ork fell into the pit. "Wow, I knew orks were dumb but not like this" He said as he used the planks to parkour over the pit.
((Allright! I nearly forgot about this, who is in my alliance agian,  forgot.))
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 25, 2012, 11:06:11 am »

Corvander looked at the mage. 'How do I know you won't backstab me at the first opportunity, human? Your kind hates mine.'

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 25, 2012, 11:12:36 am »

"Well, I'm not exactly popular among other humans- the average yokel thinks summoner and immediately thinks I'm the doom of the world.  I'm willing to work with you- are you?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21