Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Ocean Marketing  (Read 1619 times)

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
Ocean Marketing
« on: December 28, 2011, 11:09:18 pm »

It's in the "Happy" thread, but it deserves its own topic.

Check it out. This site is confusing to me, but for best results, CTRL + F "Original Article", read all of that, and THEN go the top and start following Updates.

What can we learn from Christoforo? Where does Avenger itself fit into all of this? (I'll pop in this opinion from a mostly unrelated company) Does anybody want to devil's advocate for Christoforo (Good luck!)
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: Ocean Marketing
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 11:15:53 pm »

Does anybody want to devil's advocate for Christoforo (Good luck!)

I'm gonna bet no.  Anyone who's read the original emails Krahulik posted has already been astounded by the level of childish idiocy the guy had on display, and he got the firing that he deserved as an adman who tarnished the reputation of the product he was hired to sell.

So yeah, that was pretty funny.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 12:09:49 am »

I can't help but feel sorry for anyone who crashes that hard.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 12:21:01 am »

Has he crashed so hard he broke the scale, though?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 01:08:26 am »

Has he crashed so hard he broke the scale, though?

I still feel sorry for his family though. Both because of the flak, and because they have to live with him.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2011, 02:01:24 am »

Wow. Even with my life history of getting savage beatings, I got off lucky. I was usually an innocent target, and misunderstandings/assholes in general were the main causes.

The most of my sympathies go to his wife and kid and whatever fate awaits them (and their families) by proxy, and very little towards him for having suffered such a beat down. Dude should have read the rules of the Internet.

I just hope everyone had enough control over themselves to not indiscriminately strike anyone else he knows. It was his fault, not his wife's, kid's, friends, nor (their) family's.

EDIT:
Appears I was wrong. I think some people enjoy delivering justice a little *too* much. I know I've had my share of delivering justice at times I get pissed off (not online, mind you) by an offending party, or after being attacked, but I always do damage control and keep collateral damage as low as possible, and even so, whenever it does happen, I make sure, at least, any innocent bystanders are okay since the attack/deflection/retaliation and patch things up ASAP; whether I'm responsible or not. I think too many people are a bit trigger too happy these days.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 03:41:38 am by Itnetlolor »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2011, 02:45:28 am »

I just hope everyone had enough control over themselves to not indiscriminately strike anyone else he knows. It was his fault, not his wife's, kid's, friends, nor (their) family's.

Apparently there have already been threats directed at them as well, so yeah. OTOH, internet threats usually deserve about as much serious attention as 'roided out marketing ITGs.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2011, 03:11:18 am »

This is a two edged sword here. Without a doubt after reading his emails the guy deserved what he got coming. But I am very fearful of this whole internet vigilante bullshit where everyone revels in this man's suffering and piles on hatred and threats. The PA community in particular is well known for it - see the attacks on feminists after the whole Dickwolves fiasco.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2011, 03:53:38 am »

But I am very fearful of this whole internet vigilante bullshit where everyone revels in this man's suffering and piles on hatred and threats.
I recall Something Awful once having the Helldump forum made for this kind of stuff specifically. Having taken a curious peek into it while it was still visible to the public at the time, holy crap, they were utterly vicious as well. I wouldn't be too surprised if some of the old members of that portion were involved in this attack as well.

Like this guy did as HR, I think some of these vigilantes abused their power a bit too much, utilizing 'Anonymous' as a getaway ID along the way. Half the time, there are people in it that do a necessary kick to the offending party's ass, and then there are those that bring pipe cleaners with them and tear them up from the inside (taking cyber-bullying to extremes that would make even jaded veterans to such strikes cringe), even though their crimes (of assoholery) only calls for an exterior punishment (usually a kick in the ass).

He needed some common sense and some decency knocked back into him, not giving him an enema or colonoscopy with his behaviors and forcing his family to watch. The guy was a dick, granted, but still guys, really? Earth is Hell enough as it is, I think Hell has enough tormenters working there as well. Stop sending in more applications. We're low on jobs on this planet, but that's not necessarily good path to go. Reserve that kind of vigilantism for the truly corrupt (secret societies and so forth; that's where overwhelming force truly belongs; not against individual people, but entire organizations instead. The People far outnumber the organizers and puppeteers. Just be wary of them causing infighting amongst everyone else but themselves.).
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 04:10:00 am by Itnetlolor »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2011, 06:37:38 am »

EDIT:
Appears I was wrong. I think some people enjoy delivering justice a little *too* much. I know I've had my share of delivering justice at times I get pissed off (not online, mind you) by an offending party, or after being attacked, but I always do damage control and keep collateral damage as low as possible, and even so, whenever it does happen, I make sure, at least, any innocent bystanders are okay since the attack/deflection/retaliation and patch things up ASAP; whether I'm responsible or not. I think too many people are a bit trigger too happy these days.
But it's right there in the Bible. The sins of the fathers pass unto the third and fourth generations.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2011, 03:14:42 pm »

This sort of 'vigilantism' has been going on for over a decade. The reason internet mobs don't chase over internet corporations and politicians and the like is because

A) They tend to fight back (Guy who hacked Palin's yahoo account has been locked away forever)
B) They tend not to be quite this stupid, except in a few rare cases like Jack Thomson (who was already highly disrespected by the legal community before the internet found him)
C) The internet mob doesn't care enough. The only time I've seen it attack somebody over a cause that didn't brush up against some form of software industry was when that girl in Eastern Europe threw a bunch of puppies in a river
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2011, 03:30:46 pm »

You miss spelled marketting.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2011, 03:33:34 pm »

The reason internet mobs don't chase over internet corporations and politicians and the like is because
But they do! Remember the DOS attacks last year
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2011, 04:00:38 pm »

Hmmm, that's true. You got me.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2012, 09:16:37 am »

Wow, it took me two seconds more than usual to realize that was a spambot.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!
Pages: [1] 2