Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 669 670 [671] 672 673 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1840333 times)

Vortai Vae

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2g - Poll.
« Reply #10050 on: March 19, 2013, 05:35:16 am »

See now i just feel foolish. I don't know why but I just for some reason felt that Peat must always contain compact peat, very irrational now that I think about it, having encountered Gneiss lacking native silver in vanilla DF. I guess I just thought something had to go wrong with my copy of MWDF, its to good of a mod to be true. Thanks for your help, I although I feel kinda dumb now.  ::)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 06:06:19 am by Vortai Vae »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #10051 on: March 19, 2013, 07:01:16 am »

Boozebelly rum works. Did you make milk, then cheese, then ferment the cheese? Because they dont drink the milk, period.

@Ahrimans Library Card: Is there a backstory to your nick? Its kinda awesome. And the problem is duly noted. I will rebalance it, since I can now add fancy dfhack stuff, like triggering sieges when your thievery fails. Thats a lot better then just killing the one kobolds randomly. :)

@Vortai Vae: Well, what made you think every inorganic materials would be on every map, all the time? The embark finder will tell you if you have soil, clay, flux, shallow and deep metals... I bet you can embark on all kinds of stuff, for example volcanoes usually dont have normal coal around them, because the layer types do not support this, both volcanism and coal reservoirs.

@ALL: I thought I might do a release today, but 3 new scripts popped up.
1. I can make items themselves carry syndromes, not just the material they are made of. For example all iron/steel/brass/bronze flamethrowers would have the same ability. Which is awesome.
2. I can force not only sieges, but all kinds of events. Megabeasts, nightcreatures, migrants, caravans and diplomats. Untested so far, but this would allow to actively meddle with diplomacy a bit. Declare wars, invite diplomats, challenge megabeasts... should make safe and boring fortresses a lot more interesting. Also the dwarven expedition system, the orcish raiding system and the kobold thieving system. All three can be made better by this.
3. Multiple transformations. Sounds not like much, but I can finally do a Guild System. Dwarves can join guilds, get better skill learn rates, maybe join the Legion, or an upgrade system for the mages. Instead of Magmamancer you could have Magmancer lvl1, lvl2 and lvl3. So instead of BAM, MAGE, you would get a weak mage, a lightly better mage, then a good mage. :)

I can still do tons of stuff with itemsyndrome as well, once Putnam fixes the bugs. Cursed items, magical items restricted by caste, and silly things. Personal favourite is the shade armor, an armor that gives huge resistance bonus, but only when used inside/in the caverns. As soon as you go outside into a "light" field, you loose the bonus. :) Its a bit tricky to write, but I am up for a challenge.

tl;dr: Might take a few more days. Especially since I have a test on thursday and should get some learning going. Dont want to fail my motorbike licence.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

eXoteric

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10052 on: March 19, 2013, 08:08:00 am »

Boozebelly rum works. Did you make milk, then cheese, then ferment the cheese? Because they dont drink the milk, period.

Yes, that's what I did. I have 80 "units" of Boozebelly rum and my dwarfs drink water. I have no idea why. :(

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #10053 on: March 19, 2013, 08:15:26 am »

I can tell you why. Since the reaction ignores stacks and I got reports about 10 units of drink being too little, I raised to to 20. 20 units of drinks dont fit in the barrel, it seems 19 is the maximum a modder can fit in a barrel. I always its 20... well. The drink is spawned outside the container and just sits in the workshop, no one can use it.

I will rewrite the reaction to accept 2 barrels, and put 10 units of booze in each. That will fix it. Thanks for the report. :)

Edit: There, fixed it.

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:REFINE_GOAT_JUICE]
[NAME:ferment boozebelly cheese]
[BUILDING:KITCHEN:CUSTOM_C]
[REAGENT:A:1:CHEESE:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:GOAT_BOOZE:CHEESE][UNROTTEN]  [DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
[REAGENT:B:1:BARREL:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[EMPTY][FOOD_STORAGE_CONTAINER][PRESERVE_REAGENT][DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
[REAGENT:C:1:BARREL:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[EMPTY][FOOD_STORAGE_CONTAINER][PRESERVE_REAGENT][DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
[PRODUCT:100:10:DRINK:NONE:PLANT_MAT:GOAT_MILK:DRINK][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:B]
[PRODUCT:100:10:DRINK:NONE:PLANT_MAT:GOAT_MILK:DRINK][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:C]
[SKILL:COOK]

You can even repair a running fort with this, just replace the old "ferment boozebelly cheese" reaction in reaction_masterwork.txt in data/save/raw/objects folder. :)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 08:20:33 am by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Tally

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10054 on: March 19, 2013, 08:56:44 am »

Towards the end of siege triggering via reactions, I think that's a great idea.

However, large sieges should be used sparingly. The kobold's thieving tunnel should have a very low chance of triggering a siege if at all, anyway, for two reasons.

1. When you're playing vanilla (or even Masterwork) Dwarf Fortress, do you regard kobolds as a threat? Not really, except for the small chance that they might attack back (those daggers are nasty). Even if one snuck in my fort to try to steal goodies, I wouldn't lay siege on them unless it was an important object (an iridium artifact sword?) or I was really bored.

2. By the limitations of kobolds (no mining, ergo no metal short of ironbone), thieving is almost necessary if you want to arm yourself. I actually like this feature myself, as it reinforces the already existing flavor for kobolds.

I would probably have around a 5% chance for a siege per thievery attempt. Some variation for differing races would make sense. i.e. Dwarves are more concerned with keeping their mountainhome tightly secured. Orcs, on the other hand, will march right over at the slightest provocation.

Grimwold

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10055 on: March 19, 2013, 10:52:08 am »

There are minerals such as Oil sand which the Orcs have no reactions for. As I recall, it was originally used for the Dwarven Chemistry lab or something, but the Orcs don't have it. In the next update, please remember to make an Orcish reaction for Oil sand etc.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10056 on: March 19, 2013, 11:16:49 am »

I'm willing to consider it, but do you have a specific suggestion?  It is by design that orcs don't have the Chemistry, so I'm not entirely sure it's a problem. 
To be honest I'm not 100% what dwarves do with mineral oil, since it's a new feature in 2g .. is it just used in soap?

(i wouldn't rule out using it in the orcish flamethrower, but ofc that just makes the flamethrower harder to craft if it requires a specific mineral)

I don't know what other materials you mean by "etc."
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 11:18:40 am by smakemupagus »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #10057 on: March 19, 2013, 11:37:15 am »

Oil slate is used to make oil. Its just because the plants need that long to grow, I wanted to offer alternatives. Oil sand currently leaves boulders, but I want to change it to sand, and see if I can "collect oil sand".

They should be used for oil, and possibly fuel at some point. Kobolds especially, since they cant dig coal.

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10058 on: March 19, 2013, 01:50:36 pm »

2 problems :P

A: how do i get the items need for an expedition? i craft a wooden wagon but i cant make a caravan for some reason

B: seeds in the food stockpile dont seem to stack. am i doing something wrong?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10059 on: March 19, 2013, 01:53:18 pm »

B: bags (not a Masterwork issue)

Arumba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Masterwork Guide/Videos
« Reply #10060 on: March 19, 2013, 02:35:48 pm »

Well shoot.  I managed to get the game to load up without errors by patching r3 overtop and installing the r3 plugin.dll files as suggest, everything LOOKS fine at first, but the game crashes within a few minutes.

I am at a loss for what is wrong or how to fix it.  Anyone have any ideas? 

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10061 on: March 19, 2013, 02:39:15 pm »

Well shoot.  I managed to get the game to load up without errors by patching r3 overtop and installing the r3 plugin.dll files as suggest, everything LOOKS fine at first, but the game crashes within a few minutes.

I am at a loss for what is wrong or how to fix it.  Anyone have any ideas?

Send me your save, I'll see if I can debug it. Maybe upload it somewhere if you can, otherwise PM me for an email address.
Utility plugins for DFHack, for improving Dwarf Fortress' user interface.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #10062 on: March 19, 2013, 02:52:48 pm »

Patching r3 overtop? What? No. Delete all dfhack related stuff. Then install dfhack r3. Then copy falconnes plugins into it.

@sharpkris: You dont need wagons for expeditions... you need 1 wagon and 20 crafts for a caravan. Is that what you meant?

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10063 on: March 19, 2013, 03:06:00 pm »

Patching r3 overtop? What? No. Delete all dfhack related stuff. Then install dfhack r3. Then copy falconnes plugins into it.

@sharpkris: You dont need wagons for expeditions... you need 1 wagon and 20 crafts for a caravan. Is that what you meant?

k yup i think that'll do it ty.
but my seeds still dont stack -_-

is there any decent masterwork LP going around that shows and explains the new content?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #10064 on: March 19, 2013, 03:08:04 pm »

1. Seeds never stack, not even in vanilla DF. Thats why smake told you: BAGS.
2. Nope. There is one that started, but was so far mostly focussed on utilities.
Pages: 1 ... 669 670 [671] 672 673 ... 749