Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 668 669 [670] 671 672 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1840302 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2g - Poll.
« Reply #10035 on: March 18, 2013, 06:02:01 pm »

@Arumba: Yeah, thats old dfhack r2 leftovers that crash your dfhack r3.

Code: [Select]
-[REACTION:REGRASS]-
[NAME:Regrow all grass (Song of Titania)]
[BUILDING:SACRED:CUSTOM_G]
[REAGENT:A:1:BAR:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:REGRASS:SOAP]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:REGRASS]

-[REACTION:GROW]-
[NAME:Regrow all grass and trees (Song of Gaia)]
[BUILDING:SACRED:CUSTOM_SHIFT_G]
[REAGENT:A:1:BAR:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:GROW:SOAP]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:GROW]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:REGRASS]

You can buy magic scrolls from elves now. You can use them once in the Fountain of Eternal Youth to regrow all grass, or regrow all grass and trees. :)

And I added a net-thrower. Something akin to a flamethrower, but it allows your dwarf to shoot webs with it. :)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 07:00:53 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Undeadlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10036 on: March 18, 2013, 07:11:59 pm »

Is it bad that I saw the Steampowered armor and began to giggle like a maniacal child? I cannot wait for this new update, its going to be .. LEG-EN ....wait for it ...

DARY!!!!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #10037 on: March 18, 2013, 07:18:07 pm »

I am short of a release. Lets see what I can code... maybe good old raw modding, adding this extended glass industry? Or more on the skaven, which will be a lot more difficult...

Otherwise there are a lot of potential "force siege/megabeast/caravan/diplomat/migrant" reactions... which would allow rudimentary interaction with the world... :)

Edit: Anyway, thats it for me for today. Lets see how the scripts are looking tomorrow. ;)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 07:25:47 pm by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10038 on: March 18, 2013, 07:34:36 pm »

@meph - wow. i come back from finals, and holy crap, look what's cookin'... =D i say focus on the force event reactions, because you've got the mechanics for that sorted. maybe get an artifact from the drow that lets you summon megabeasts? they're currently not *that* useful as trading partners, and this would make them a lot more interesting.

also, maybe allow gnomes to sell really badass golems/turrets/etc?

and can you think of any ways to make milk/cheese more useful? i could see fine cheese being a decent export item by itself, especially if it wasn't cookable, but edible straight... basically, i'm trying to figure out how to balance the food industry. in my current fort, masterwork meals are my primary tradegood, and it shouldn't even be possible to sell prepared meals! surely they'll rot en route =P other kinds of commodity foodstuffs, though - like cheeses, booze, dried/preserved meats/fish, "rations", etc - make sense... but there's no way i should be able to sell my *cheese tortellini* for 10k dwarfbucks =D

also - sprites!! what is this plain black/brown background stuff? =P at least use the gray or brown phoebus backgrounds, pwease? pwease?? =D
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10039 on: March 18, 2013, 07:35:20 pm »

@meph - wow. i come back from finals, and holy crap, look what's cookin'... =D i say focus on the force event reactions, because you've got the mechanics for that sorted.

(technically I've got the mechanics sorted, hehe :P)

Arumba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Masterwork Guide/Videos
« Reply #10040 on: March 18, 2013, 07:35:41 pm »

I've tried again, deleted r2 and putting r3 in works for workflow, but breaks dwarfmonitor.  At this point I wish I could just go back to .2f and play with it being functional.  Sorry to whine so much, but its just such a useful interface I don't know how *anyone* plays this game without it.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10041 on: March 18, 2013, 07:36:07 pm »

Try redownloading the utility plugins :V

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10042 on: March 18, 2013, 10:06:16 pm »

I've tried again, deleted r2 and putting r3 in works for workflow, but breaks dwarfmonitor.  At this point I wish I could just go back to .2f and play with it being functional.  Sorry to whine so much, but its just such a useful interface I don't know how *anyone* plays this game without it.

As Putnam suggested, download my plugins from http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7248 and copy them over to your plugins folder.
Utility plugins for DFHack, for improving Dwarf Fortress' user interface.

Arumba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Masterwork Guide/Videos
« Reply #10043 on: March 18, 2013, 11:10:37 pm »

Thank you :)  Got it working, you are all wonderful.

Vortai Vae

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10044 on: March 18, 2013, 11:19:21 pm »

Hey, so I did as suggested, and have been playing around with advanced world generation (although I feel like I'm just pressing buttons) and perfect world and have come backto tack a second, slightly more informed attempt at playing MWDF. I was trying out the DESERT (volcanos) generation And I just can't find compressed peat. As I'm a bit of a novice at web forums I've linked a screen shot I took of it below. I really like this generation, I'd just like all the different minerals to be present. Could someone help me out? Thanks in advance

Note: I tried playing around with it in perfect world but the changes just kept on getting reverted, or it deleted the entire per-existing map. Probably my ineptness with the program but I tried  :P.

http://i1311.photobucket.com/albums/s661/jolo_jodo/Compressed_PEAT_zps6d078699.jpg

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10045 on: March 18, 2013, 11:24:52 pm »

You're not going to get every mineral in every embark, and that's not a really huge area in terms of exploratory mining.  It's a large cluster, so you don't need so fine a grid.

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10046 on: March 19, 2013, 12:43:55 am »

@Putnam - yes, thank you!! i really appreciate your modding/dfhack initiative on this - you're making all kinds of things possible that nobody's even thought of yet =D

@Vortai Vae - try dfhack prospect command? there just might not be any in that biome =P it's not too surprising. these things are random, after all... and so you know, that's not a very efficient exploratory mining pattern! dfhack has some good commands for this too... but why do you want compact peat so bad, anyway? there are probably other fuel sources, and half the point of random world generation is that you have to face a new challenge every time, by adapting to the circumstances in which you find yourself!
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #10047 on: March 19, 2013, 02:39:55 am »

Putnam has indeed done a ton for dfhack. Expwnents autosyndrome and Putnams itemsyndrome/forceevent are great. I am just running around amok with creative projects, throwing them out left and right and people come back and say: Wow Meph, you are so awesome, while these poor people are forced to sit in their sweatshops, being hit with whips* to code c++ and lua faster. Give them some love too.  :P

*the whiplashes are rethorical in nature and come in form of PMs from me.

eXoteric

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10048 on: March 19, 2013, 03:09:18 am »

I have a small issue with Boozebelly Rum. I have plenty but my dwarf don't drink it at all. They just drink water. Any ideas?

And uhm... is there a wiki for Masterworks?

Ahrimans Library Card

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10049 on: March 19, 2013, 05:04:04 am »

I've got a problem with the theive's tunnel. A cloak, and empty bag, and a weapon are needed. The only problem is the Bolds go after the new cloak, and shove seeds in the bag. Meaning you have to make 1+your population cloaks, and a lot of bags. It's really frustrating, especially when you've lost 5 guys or so to strange moods requesting gems.
Pages: 1 ... 668 669 [670] 671 672 ... 749