Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 667 668 [669] 670 671 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1840300 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2g - Poll.
« Reply #10020 on: March 18, 2013, 01:24:54 pm »

Cloaks in dwarf mode, or kobold camp ?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Krantz86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10021 on: March 18, 2013, 01:31:09 pm »

everytime i try to download the "win" version i get a damaged rar, any solution?
Re: 1000 sgins that you play Dwarf fortress (way) too much
154. When you get the word "adamantine" on your LA vocab, you quickly cross it out and replace it with "cotton candy" and spend the next 10 minutes in fetal position rocking back and forth in fear. (Yes, I actually did this.)
...Wait. Adamantine is real?...
...155. You are no longer sure what metals are real or fictional.

Tally

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10022 on: March 18, 2013, 02:01:54 pm »

Cloaks in dwarf mode, or kobold camp ?

Kobold Camp. I suppose I should test dwarf mode cloaks too though.

Also something I am curious about: Shouldn't sling bullets be produce-able by rock at a craftsbold shop, or -especially- by clay, at a kiln or clay oven? From what I've read, clay was used to make sling bullets back when they were still relevant, so I should figure the same should apply here, especially with a culture that emphasizes clay as a resource.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 02:10:24 pm by Tally »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #10023 on: March 18, 2013, 02:13:39 pm »

I tried the download and unpacked, everything works. Just try again.

What kind of cloaks? The cloak itself is not important, the material regulates the stockpiling. There was a leather tag missing on rigid scale/shell, that will be fixed next release.

Clay slingbullets is something I can do, no problem.

Gnome race and traders work. :)

Manual and GUI is updated as well, but I have to wait for Putnam. He has to tell me what I am doing wrong with his itemsyndrome, since I cant get it to work anymore. Other then that, the Rune Armory, Weather Control Device, Alarm Siren and Gnomish Artificer are done. Buildings, reactions, inorganics, all there. :)

Gnomish Artificer
Build labor: Architect & Mechanic, Skill: Mechanic

You can create very powerful armors and weapons here. You will need steel bars, steel pipes, steel mechanisms and oil to create these items.

3 Armors:
Steampower Armor. As strong as a iron platemail and gives the dwarf max. strength.
Steamrunner Armor. As strong as a bronze platemail and gives the dwarf max. agility.
Steamguardian Armor. As strong as a steel platemail and gives the dwarf max. endurance.

3 Weapons:
Cannon. The best gun in the game. Shoots cannonballs.
Firecannon. The best gun in the game. Shoots cannonballs and fireballs.
Flamethrower. Allows the dwarf to shoot a jet of fire. Beware of friendly fire.

All three can be combined with a dagger to create a bladed version, for better melee attacks.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 02:16:03 pm by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Tally

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10024 on: March 18, 2013, 02:22:31 pm »

I was trying to stockpile silk and yarn cloaks.

Bugs and all that aside, I do like the overhaul you have made with Kobold Camp. And although it may not always be of concern for some players who won't concern themselves with their citizens on an individual scale, every kobold having a caste relating to their star sign is a very ingenius idea. It also allows an easier choice of who to conscript, as Earth and Fire signs are certainly better suited to combat (and if needed, Air can hunt).

The thief's tunnel is a pretty good idea as well. Gaining valuable hard metals is a godsend when dealing with very weak creatures who can't provide strong materials themselves. I do think, however, that it should use a labor other than hunting when choosing who can undergo the endeavor. If you choose an unskilled (or otherwise disposable) kobold to steal from another civ, that kobold may just grab a sling and bullets and go hunt when you want him to get metal for you instead.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 03:32:40 pm by Tally »

Bavette

• Bay Watcher
  • The last of the great mountain giants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10025 on: March 18, 2013, 02:27:06 pm »

Eh? If he isnt transformed, he isnt a cultist... he just found clues about the cult being in the fort... he is fine. :)
Oh? Sorry, you misunderstand me. I only have my 7 original. Every other dwarf had found out the clues and complained, except for one. HE was doing nothing. As much as I love him as a father would love his prodigy son, his aforementioned powers have shown him for what he truly is; Dwarf Judas must die!
"What is a dwarf? A miserable pile of !FUN!?"

Tally

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10026 on: March 18, 2013, 03:43:45 pm »

I'm going to redownload and gen a new world and see if that fixes the bugs with kobold ladles/cauldrons and cloaks. Also because I tried playing an orc fortress and got that dumb bug where wood couldn't be stockpiled because it wouldn't recognize 'wood log' as a stockpileable item.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10027 on: March 18, 2013, 03:44:45 pm »

>> dumb bug where wood couldn't be stockpiled

You sure you didn't modify the Dwarves Gather Wood standing order, perhaps by mistake?

Tally

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10028 on: March 18, 2013, 04:20:41 pm »

>> dumb bug where wood couldn't be stockpiled

You sure you didn't modify the Dwarves Gather Wood standing order, perhaps by mistake?

Oh. I just looked into that and yeah that probably happened when I wanted to set auto-loom off.

As for whether redownloading worked for ladles/cauldrons being unavailable from craftsbold shop, no such luck.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 04:25:40 pm by Tally »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #10029 on: March 18, 2013, 04:25:50 pm »

I want a facepalm smilie.

Ha, I got one. :)

EDIT: And I downloaded the current version, unpacked, checked cauldrons/laudls: They have HARD_MAT. Which means rocks and wood.

Code: [Select]
[ITEM_TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_CAULDRON]
[NAME:cauldron:cauldrons]
[VALUE:50]
[HARD_MAT]
[TOOL_USE:LIQUID_COOKING]
[TILE:238]
[SIZE:4000]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:6]
[CONTAINER_CAPACITY:100000]

[ITEM_TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_LADLE]
[NAME:ladle:ladles]
[VALUE:10]
[HARD_MAT]
[TOOL_USE:LIQUID_SCOOP]
[TILE:'/']
[SIZE:100]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:1]

So, yet again I dare say: I want a facepalm smilie.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 04:31:39 pm by Meph »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #10030 on: March 18, 2013, 05:23:02 pm »

To say something constructive:

Code: [Select]
-[REACTION:QUICKSAVE]-
[NAME:Record your fortresse's history]
[BUILDING:SCRIPTORIUM:CUSTOM_ALT_S]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:QUICKSAVE]

A little gimmick. Your dwarves can run quicksave from the scriptorium. Image the dwarven scribe writing down all the details. ;) It this "Record your fortresse's history" grammatically correct? It looks a bit weird...
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 05:26:00 pm by Meph »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10031 on: March 18, 2013, 05:31:59 pm »

Oh, MDF is controlling our appliances in real life now?  Why didn't you hook up the still first ?!

No, fortresse's is definitely not grammatical, but off the top of my head i am not sure I know either

fortress's

I had to look it up too :D
and then typod it.  argh

« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 05:37:09 pm by smakemupagus »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #10032 on: March 18, 2013, 05:37:58 pm »

Fixed it: [NAME:Record the history of your fortress]

Arumba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Masterwork Guide/Videos
« Reply #10033 on: March 18, 2013, 05:54:41 pm »

Yep, I had read about that and had accepted the change, I just need to get it back.  I will try tonight and see if I can get it working.  when you said you had to 'remake' the init file, what do you mean?

As suggested, all you need to do is install DFHack r3 over your current Masterwork folder, then follow the instructions in this post in the workflow thread to add keybindings, you should be good to go. Let me know if you have any issues.

I did as you recommended and got a bunch of errors on loading the fortress.  Heres what DFHack spits out on load:http://imgur.com/a/I59Eb#0

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10034 on: March 18, 2013, 05:56:31 pm »

Delete DFHack before you install the new one.
Pages: 1 ... 667 668 [669] 670 671 ... 749