Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 664 665 [666] 667 668 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1840227 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2g - Poll.
« Reply #9975 on: March 17, 2013, 01:43:05 pm »

Yes, that's what UNDIGGABLE does.

Laggy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9976 on: March 17, 2013, 02:02:38 pm »

Sorry if I was unclear, I do not think the 'normal workflow' is that helpful, managing jobs from the dfhack interface is not ideal.  I am talking about the GUI's included in the r3 release.

In your current release,
\MasterworkDF v2g+\Dwarf Fortress\hack\lua\gui
There are only two files present in .2g, in the folder you get from the direct r3 download you get:
\dfhack-0.34.11-r3-Windows\hack\lua\gui
there are 6 files present.

Also in
\dfhack-0.34.11-r3-Windows\hack\scripts\gui
there are 15 files present while in
\MasterworkDF v2g+\Dwarf Fortress\hack\scripts\gui
there are only 8.

I am hoping to get these updated so I can use that interface.  I don't really know exactly how you've modified dfhack for your mod, so its difficult to experiment for fear of breaking the mod.
You're looking in the wrong place.  The workflow GUI is DwarfFortress/hack/plugins/workflow.plug.dll

Edit: I just realized that the files I linked to you last night were the falconne's plugins for r3, and won't work for r2 (which is what comes with Masterwork 2g+).  Also, the r2 plugins aren't hosted anywhere anymore.  I can throw them up for you on DFFD if you want, or you could update dfhack to r3 and then download falconne's scripts.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 03:27:32 pm by Laggy »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9977 on: March 17, 2013, 02:06:49 pm »

The pastures are maximum size, and i only had about 6-10 on them, they all just seemed to eat in the same corner, progressing slowly down till no grass was left, then started starving. As opposed to spreading out. The solution it turns out would be to pasture them individually, but that;s just to much micro. At the same time, call me soft but I don't like butchering animals that are tame, I just can't do it.

This is pretty unusual, in Masterwork you should be able to sustain ~10 or even more normal grazers like horses or alpacas in a max size pasture.  My best guess is that your pasture is in a mountain biome or something, where the grass doesn't regrow fast enough.

Arumba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Masterwork Guide/Videos
« Reply #9978 on: March 17, 2013, 04:32:19 pm »

Sorry if I was unclear, I do not think the 'normal workflow' is that helpful, managing jobs from the dfhack interface is not ideal.  I am talking about the GUI's included in the r3 release.

In your current release,
There are only two files present in .2g, in the folder you get from the direct r3 download you get:

Also in
there are only 8.

I am hoping to get these updated so I can use that interface.  I don't really know exactly how you've modified dfhack for your mod, so its difficult to experiment for fear of breaking the mod.
You're looking in the wrong place.  The workflow GUI is DwarfFortress/hack/plugins/workflow.plug.dll

Edit: I just realized that the files I linked to you last night were the falconne's plugins for r3, and won't work for r2 (which is what comes with Masterwork 2g+).  Also, the r2 plugins aren't hosted anywhere anymore.  I can throw them up for you on DFFD if you want, or you could update dfhack to r3 and then download falconne's scripts.

Thank you for your reply.
My concern is that I don't know what Meph has edited for his mod's features, and I really do *need* that interface to play the game the way I want.  I basically cannot play without it anymore, I'm too dependent.

How can I update to r3?  Will the mod break?  How long until its fixed on its own?  Any clue?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9979 on: March 17, 2013, 04:33:07 pm »

It should be fixed soonish. Meph is working pretty hard on the next version, AFAIK.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9980 on: March 17, 2013, 04:40:00 pm »

More like playing around with fancy toys. I wouldnt call it working, its way to much fun to abuse dfhack in such ways. ;) I just wrote a weather control device. lol

@arumba: Just install dfhack r3, everything will be fine, you cant break anything.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

mavj96

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9981 on: March 17, 2013, 04:46:12 pm »

I'm using orc fort here and a lot of my armors seem to be degrading including metal armors.

Is this unintended?

Nukarama

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: adorable stupidity]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9982 on: March 17, 2013, 05:22:26 pm »

I'm adventuring, and how the hell are you supposed to get thread for reactions? I want my bone armor! Other than that, great mod!
And when the site infiltration feature is done, we can do that thing where two short people disguise themselves as one tall guy in a trenchcoat. Except the two people in question will be halves of the same person.
The perfect disguise.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9983 on: March 17, 2013, 05:29:18 pm »

I will make a break for now, get some sleep. But next version will have a lot of completely new stuff... Alarm Siren that wakes sleeping/partying dwarves, Steampowered weapons and armors (possibly), a rune armory for runecoating armors and shields, similar to how the runesmith works on weapons and traps... a weather control station to make it rain/snow, which is great to stop forest fires... probably some new magical reactions for the 3 magic buildings... sending raids to other civs will have a chance of triggering invasions (YES, THANKS PUTNAM), maybe a little workshop that triggers invasions on purpose... Horn of War or something. Blow the Horn, Challenge the Orcs, along these lines...

Making a magma aquifer in a workshop, a tile that spawns unlimited magma, is just one tiny step away atm.

@Nukarama: I dont know. Kill a sheep, spin wool? You cant do that in adv. mode? I dont know adv. mode at all, I just added the "wanderers friend" mod. :)

@mavj96: Ask in the orc thread, ask the author, not me. My best guess is: Nope, that shouldnt happen.

EDIT: I will be offline now, but I really hope that the 10th. post from this one on will be EPIC. Otherwise shame on you, poster. :P
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 05:31:38 pm by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Nukarama

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: adorable stupidity]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9984 on: March 17, 2013, 05:35:28 pm »

Nope, can't do that in Adv. Mode. Updating the Adv. reactions with the new version of Wanderer's friend now, should fix it.
And when the site infiltration feature is done, we can do that thing where two short people disguise themselves as one tall guy in a trenchcoat. Except the two people in question will be halves of the same person.
The perfect disguise.

Laggy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9985 on: March 17, 2013, 05:45:48 pm »

In your current release,

Also in
there are only 8.

My concern is that I don't know what Meph has edited for his mod's features, and I really do *need* that interface to play the game the way I want.  I basically cannot play without it anymore, I'm too dependent.

How can I update to r3?  Will the mod break?  How long until its fixed on its own?  Any clue?
To updated to r3, you just go to the DFHack thread and download the newest version.  Then just extract the r3 zip file into your "masterwork/dwarf fortress" directory.  Choose to replace existing files.  I just tested it a bit ago, and it didn't break anything for me (well, except the init file.  I had to remake that).

Beware though, that the new workflow gui stuff in r3 is a bit different than in r2.  First, you'll need to set up a keybind for it, then run the keybind when you query your workshop that you want to set up for workflow.  It doesn't draw into the in-game workshop gui anymore.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9986 on: March 17, 2013, 06:13:06 pm »

It is the newest wanderers friend. If I am not mistaken. ^^ I can check tomorrow.

@Laggy: All correct. Tested this myself just half an hour ago. There is definetly a nice UI hidden in workflow r3, just have to add the keybinds.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9987 on: March 17, 2013, 06:17:01 pm »

I will make a break for now, get some sleep. But next version will have a lot of completely new stuff... Alarm Siren that wakes sleeping/partying dwarves, Steampowered weapons and armors (possibly), a rune armory for runecoating armors and shields, similar to how the runesmith works on weapons and traps... a weather control station to make it rain/snow, which is great to stop forest fires... probably some new magical reactions for the 3 magic buildings... sending raids to other civs will have a chance of triggering invasions (YES, THANKS PUTNAM), maybe a little workshop that triggers invasions on purpose... Horn of War or something. Blow the Horn, Challenge the Orcs, along these lines...

Making a magma aquifer in a workshop, a tile that spawns unlimited magma, is just one tiny step away atm.

@Nukarama: I dont know. Kill a sheep, spin wool? You cant do that in adv. mode? I dont know adv. mode at all, I just added the "wanderers friend" mod. :)

@mavj96: Ask in the orc thread, ask the author, not me. My best guess is: Nope, that shouldnt happen.

EDIT: I will be offline now, but I really hope that the 10th. post from this one on will be EPIC. Otherwise shame on you, poster. :P
I love you Meph.

lwCoyote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9988 on: March 17, 2013, 06:38:05 pm »

Dear Mr. Meph

So I've been playing Masterwork 2g a lot lately, and I have a request. Make Harder Farming just slightly less hard; specifically a 4 season grow time for underground crops seems a little TOO long. Even 3 seasons would be helpful.

Thanks!

ps, I've got a Masterwork 2 LP going on on Youtube. If anyone is interested, let me know and I'll post the link.
This is an exceptional obsidian statue of Daral Darkscab.
The item is an exceptionally designed image of Daral Darkscab the dwarf and a slag bar (massive) in obsidian by Ksoth Lolorumril. Daral Darkscab is raising the slag bar (massive). The artwork relates to the masterful slag bar (massive) created by the dwarf Daral Darkscab for the Corridor of Matyrs at Monstergores in the late spring of 312.

I'm so glad my masons have chosen to memorialize the really important events.

Arumba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Masterwork Guide/Videos
« Reply #9989 on: March 17, 2013, 07:45:28 pm »

In your current release,

Also in
there are only 8.

To updated to r3, you just go to the DFHack thread and download the newest version.  Then just extract the r3 zip file into your "masterwork/dwarf fortress" directory.  Choose to replace existing files.  I just tested it a bit ago, and it didn't break anything for me (well, except the init file.  I had to remake that).

Beware though, that the new workflow gui stuff in r3 is a bit different than in r2.  First, you'll need to set up a keybind for it, then run the keybind when you query your workshop that you want to set up for workflow.  It doesn't draw into the in-game workshop gui anymore.

Yep, I had read about that and had accepted the change, I just need to get it back.  I will try tonight and see if I can get it working.  when you said you had to 'remake' the init file, what do you mean?
Pages: 1 ... 664 665 [666] 667 668 ... 749