Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 663 664 [665] 666 667 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1840228 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2g - Poll.
« Reply #9960 on: March 17, 2013, 10:09:04 am »

Hey Meph, thanks for this great mod, its a ton of fun

Now I jumped into this this mod a little blind, having discovered LNP a wee before, so never even really finishing one fortress, and then i decide that I'm not having enough "fun" so then i found your mod. So this is just a little heads up, cause my questions might be really newbie, but I appreciate any help.

Right off the bat I'm going to encourage you to go back to vanilla DF. Play a few more fortresses. You won't get every material in existence in a single embark, modded or not. That's okay. You embark somewhere else after failure/boredom and pick a site that is very different from the previous one. Do you use ASCII or some graphic pack? Try both at least a couple times each. Most of the graphic packs can be used without LNP. I kinda dislike LNP because it encourages you to roll worlds with "Create New World" which is far inferior to "Design New World". Use advanced when possible. You don't need to alter any of the small/medium/large, just roll with advanced. When you get used to that you can graduate to changing settings.

Your caverns can be very deep down depending on where in the world you embark. Some embarks are 20 levels deep before you hit the bottom. Some are a couple hundred. The vanilla DF wiki has specifics on which sort of world features may generate deep sites and which ones have flux/aquifers/whatever.

A farm plot will not tell you anything about your seeds available. This has nothing to do with mods. You will need someone to bookkeep your supplies to tell you how many seeds and of what kinds in 'z' >>> stocks.

Totems are still skulls.

Animals can be forced to stay in a zone. The vanilla wiki has this info. It's called "pasturing".

Please go back to vanilla and play around there. The vanilla wiki has most of the info you will ever need. It's not perfect, but a bit of keyword searching will get you what you need and then some. Just pay attention to in-game lingo. Mods are what you do when you've exhausted a thing as it is. When you've poked and prodded and found some personal wants. One fortress played isn't going to do that.

Short list of places to embark:
Glacier
Desert
Ocean shoreline (start with a warm one that doesn't freeze in winter and don't expect to have fresh water, you won't have it not even with a river/stream)
Lake shoreline
Major River
Minor River
Stream
Brook
Badlands
Swamp

These all have their challenges. It should take awhile before you need more than this.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 10:14:39 am by BigD145 »

Arumba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Masterwork Guide/Videos
« Reply #9961 on: March 17, 2013, 10:15:50 am »

I must be losing my mind, I just can't seem to get the workflow gui to work in this version.
This uses r3.. I think... the r3 thread says workflow is included.  I enabled the keybindings from the workflow thread, dfhack continuously says its not a valid command.

What am I missing?  How on earth do you get the workflow interface to appear in game instead of through DFhack?

Okay so I poked around a bit, it looks like the gui files for workflow are not included in .2g, so my next question is does masterwork use a special version of r3? Can I just replace the entire dfhack directory?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9962 on: March 17, 2013, 10:57:27 am »

@Arumba: This version uses r2, I am working on the r3 update. I dont know if the extended workflow exists yet for r3. There are two versions of workflow. Its not an interace toggle on/off or anything, the one I included was twice the filesize then the one dfhack r3 normally includes.

@Vortai Vae: Its true what BigD145 says, almost everything you asked is vanilla DF related and has nothing to do with my mod. You can still play it of course, but maybe you should use the search function in the forum for those general questions you have. Of course people will answer them here as well, but they dont belong here.

@ALL: Making good progress. Golem Forge, Warbest Kennels, Colosseum, Landmines and Turrets, all those reactions have been rebalanced. I also added a Siren Building, which can be seen here http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=124014.msg4110171. I plan several new additions based on dfhack this way. Skaven/Gnomes/Glass, the "normal" raw modding has to wait till I finish all that dfhack R3 stuff. Next step will be using putnams itemsyndrome for some basic magic armors and items. Seven-Mile-Boots, Invisibility-Cloaks, Strengh-enhancing Armor, things like that. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Arumba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9963 on: March 17, 2013, 11:02:33 am »

I see, so I cannot just port over r3 and keep the mod working... hrm.

I would suggest rather than waiting for the extended workflow update, just use the normal workflow that is in the current r3 folders.  I am fine with binding it to a key and having to pull up the interface manually.  Yet, I must have it.  Must.

Please.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9964 on: March 17, 2013, 11:10:47 am »

In that case I dont see your problem. The normal workflow is included in the current download, and will be in the next.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Arumba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9965 on: March 17, 2013, 11:37:16 am »

Sorry if I was unclear, I do not think the 'normal workflow' is that helpful, managing jobs from the dfhack interface is not ideal.  I am talking about the GUI's included in the r3 release.

In your current release,
\MasterworkDF v2g+\Dwarf Fortress\hack\lua\gui
There are only two files present in .2g, in the folder you get from the direct r3 download you get:
\dfhack-0.34.11-r3-Windows\hack\lua\gui
there are 6 files present.

Also in
\dfhack-0.34.11-r3-Windows\hack\scripts\gui
there are 15 files present while in
\MasterworkDF v2g+\Dwarf Fortress\hack\scripts\gui
there are only 8.

I am hoping to get these updated so I can use that interface.  I don't really know exactly how you've modified dfhack for your mod, so its difficult to experiment for fear of breaking the mod. 

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9966 on: March 17, 2013, 11:42:11 am »

Ask falconne, not me. He wrote it. ;)

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9967 on: March 17, 2013, 11:46:14 am »

right so my fortress apperantly is ARMOKS chosen. all my artifacts (3 of them) were made from Armok blood: perfect Armok blood jewel 1st artifact.
2nd: armok blood cabinent 0_o
3rd: armkok blood statue

now after all this happened my wealth jumped a bit and i have a balrog at my door tearing through my makeshift army in seconds and going down to the main dining hall, thinking i was doomed i kept watching to see the chaos only to discover the balrog corpse in the middle of the dining hall 0___0 WTF?! apperantly Nomal Ustuthangzak, turned into The Apostle Of Armok and wiped the floor with him though im not sure who got the last kill. note that Nomal Ustuthangzak was a master lvl strand extractor that came in the 3rd migrant wave, and i have yet to build a shrine or anything.

now i've 33 dwarves left and 19 dead and one apostle of Armok
could anyone explain how she took down a balorg with punches?

jacsi

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9968 on: March 17, 2013, 12:51:31 pm »

OK, this might seem a bitt stupid to ask, but why wont my dwarves mine anything other than dirt? I canīt go deeper than the dirt levels on my embarks.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9969 on: March 17, 2013, 12:55:53 pm »

OK, this might seem a bitt stupid to ask, but why wont my dwarves mine anything other than dirt? I canīt go deeper than the dirt levels on my embarks.

Are you sure you aren't a kobold?
Do you have pickaxes?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9970 on: March 17, 2013, 01:08:21 pm »

That might happen if you clicked on kobolds, gen a world, then change race? Or have both dwarves and kobolds at embark? It shouldnt really happen, but I know there is a way you can press the dwarf/orc/kobold buttons in a certain order that you will end up with Kobold-Settings, and Kobold+Dwarf race.

Open the material_template.txt in the raw/objects folder, search for the stone_template, and see if there is a YESKOBOLD-UNDIGGABLE on it.

@sharpkris: Apostle of Armok are all strand extractors. I abducted that skill to be used in all religious buildings, since I cant make new skills. He is not better in combat at all. He is just good at strand extracting. ;) Something else must have killed the balrog, why not look at the combat logs?

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9971 on: March 17, 2013, 01:11:06 pm »

That might happen if you clicked on kobolds, gen a world, then change race? Or have both dwarves and kobolds at embark? It shouldnt really happen, but I know there is a way you can press the dwarf/orc/kobold buttons in a certain order that you will end up with Kobold-Settings, and Kobold+Dwarf race.

Open the material_template.txt in the raw/objects folder, search for the stone_template, and see if there is a YESKOBOLD-UNDIGGABLE on it.

@sharpkris: Apostle of Armok are all strand extractors. I abducted that skill to be used in all religious buildings, since I cant make new skills. He is not better in combat at all. He is just good at strand extracting. ;) Something else must have killed the balrog, why not look at the combat logs?

i did but i cant seem to find how he died

Xanith

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9972 on: March 17, 2013, 01:15:14 pm »

I'm a little confused. I just tried Masterwork for the first time today, because Vanilla DF is too easy, I started mining out a little hovel on my first embark and both of my miners randomly dropped dead, nothing in the combat log. Also I have a garbage dump designated, all of my dwarves had hauling enabled but none of them hauled the stone and they just ignored it. All of the new features look incredibly cool but that just pretty much deterred me from wanting to try again.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9973 on: March 17, 2013, 01:17:22 pm »

@SharpKris: Well, in that case you will never know. Mysteries, everywhere you go. :P

@Xanith: Dug any unstable warpstone? Thats about the only thing that can kill your miners, and its not even that random. Cant help you with the hauling, thats to 99% a user error, sorry to say that, but its definetly nothing I can affect through modding.

jacsi

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9974 on: March 17, 2013, 01:41:06 pm »

The problem is, that when i do the normal "mine" command on a stone block, it refuses to even select it.
Pages: 1 ... 663 664 [665] 666 667 ... 749