Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 662 663 [664] 665 666 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1840205 times)

fkinglag

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2g - Poll.
« Reply #9945 on: March 16, 2013, 01:23:01 pm »

Engravings only work on items and walls.

I see..

Welp, I thought it was something worth mentioning. Even if I get ridiculed, Haha!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9946 on: March 16, 2013, 01:26:30 pm »

Trust me, the vast majority of modding suggestions I've seen rely on something completely and utterly impossible :P

You could technically have tattoos, but they would be... wearable. They'd only be able to give syndromes with DFHack, with a script that--hehe--I made.

Ahrimans Library Card

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9947 on: March 16, 2013, 01:33:49 pm »

Just made an account to share my thoughts on this mod.

It's amazing. Although I did have several Kobold camps killed off by a combination of floodwater and Dark stranglers, I'm still having an amazing time. There's only a few problems I've had so far.

-The Thieve's tunnel is nigh-impossible to use, as my 220 Kobolds all want a cloak of their own, so there's none left for the theif to use.
-Bone Shrapnel cannot be made form the Trap shop, despite me having a ludicrous amount of bone and logs.
-Second-generation Jack rats don't breed, causing you to lose your main meat source.
-Trap spiders don't appear to have webs of any sort. They don't spit webs, can't be milked for webs, etc. Are they unable to spit through fortifications?
-I had a female Shalswar sit on a nest box for a year, and she didn't lay any eggs.

Aside from these bugs, I'm in love with this mod. As much as I would like to try the other races, Kobolds are just too enjoyable.

Agent of Avarice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9948 on: March 16, 2013, 04:32:07 pm »

Trust me, the vast majority of modding suggestions I've seen rely on something completely and utterly impossible :P

You could technically have tattoos, but they would be... wearable. They'd only be able to give syndromes with DFHack, with a script that--hehe--I made.
Wearable tattoos you say? PsT anyone? Sounds like it'd be a cool idea for an adventure mode mod anyway.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9949 on: March 16, 2013, 04:58:11 pm »

>> Wearable tattoos you say?

I was going to do it for Orcs, but decided that being able to take off the tattoos and store them in the armory for another user was too immersion-breaking/silly/whatever (although I guess it works for Fable ;) ), so I make it a Mask instead.  but you could just rename them "tattoos" easy enough :D

Arumba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Masterwork Guide/Videos
« Reply #9950 on: March 16, 2013, 08:45:53 pm »

Meph!  Its Arumba.  I need to know what happened to my workflow interface... ITS GONE.

I just recorded the next episode in my lets play and I was dumbstruck to see it missing.  What happened?!  I loved that feature.  Is it coming back?
Help!

Laggy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9951 on: March 16, 2013, 11:07:53 pm »

Meph!  Its Arumba.  I need to know what happened to my workflow interface... ITS GONE.

I just recorded the next episode in my lets play and I was dumbstruck to see it missing.  What happened?!  I loved that feature.  Is it coming back?
Help!
Try downloading these:

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7248

And dropping them into your dfhack's plugin folders.  I dont remember if they come packaged with the Masterwork download.

Arumba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Masterwork Guide/Videos
« Reply #9952 on: March 16, 2013, 11:49:15 pm »

Thanks, they did before in .2f, not sure if its just the new DF hack version we are waiting for or what, but man I grew to love that interface...

addictgamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Developer
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #9953 on: March 17, 2013, 01:19:55 am »

Made a new fort, jeweler got a mood. Now I have a statue of a dwarven general menacing with spikes of the blood of Armok somehow.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This mod is awesome.
I'm patiently waiting for the ability to mine and construct palaces in adventure mode.
Barony. A 3D, multiplayer roguelike I am developing.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9954 on: March 17, 2013, 01:57:15 am »

Blood of armok is a jewel, I think. That's pretty much normal :V

Vortai Vae

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9955 on: March 17, 2013, 03:16:02 am »

Hey Meph, thanks for this great mod, its a ton of fun

Now I jumped into this this mod a little blind, having discovered LNP a wee before, so never even really finishing one fortress, and then i decide that I'm not having enough "fun" so then i found your mod. So this is just a little heads up, cause my questions might be really newbie, but I appreciate any help.

1) As you said the world generation is a little iffy, so after trying to failing to properly gen a world I tried to use one of the pre-gen'd ones. However when i used Df's reveal to decide whether i wanted i place several rocks/minerals/resources just would never spawn. For example, no compressed peat, or blood/tears of amarok, only bones.

2) This leads into my second question, are the caverns meant to be quite so far down? like they were on average like 60-70 levels down. And then, they almost never were "nice", like very spread out over several floors,  e.g 5-15 floors on average.

3) The farm plots, do they show what you can plant with current resources, or what you can plant in total? cause i can never tell what to plant (I use extended plants). Is their a way to only see what you can plant? or have those ones highlighted.

4) I really, really, really love the caste system, My one wish was a way to influence them in which ones I get, or how many. The game, for me at-least starts to get really unmanageable when i get more that 30 dwarfs, cause I never am able to have built up enough/have enough jobs available. So if possible, could their be a way to reduce how many migrants you get, in exchange for getting more caste's/ picking the castes.

5) Reading around the wiki seems to show that most jobs (if not all? ???) no-longer train attributes, so if you could get a equivalent of that "kobold gym" for the dwarfs that would be really nice.

6) Is there a better pet/animal guide? i use the manual but so many things popup that arn't in it (i diddn't/don't use random gened animals) that i always get scared cause i don't know what the wild's purpose's are. For example i had like 7 nymphs running around, wat do?

7) how does one make a totem?, cause i just couldn't do it, in LNP it was bones, but that didn't seem to work.

8) genies need a rebalanced, i bought one which lasted for one year, and in that time only gave me one raw bronze, definitely no worth it, cause your rebalanced of the egg system also affected them. So please, either remove the life span, or allow them to lay more.

9) Is there a way to stop animals going to my meeting zone, then starving and causing miasma? cause that would be nice. At the same time though, I can't pasture them, cause they eat all the grass and then die.

10) does flux like, even exist, besides marble that is, cause i have never run into any, and using DFhack's "reveal" all I ever saw was marble.

I have other points that i can't remember right now, but that's good enough for now.

Thanks again for this great mod

P.S that cool glasses face is meant to be a 8.

Muffinut

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9956 on: March 17, 2013, 03:33:03 am »

I can't start an embark! Just before it starts, right after I load everything up, choose all of my names and allocate the embark points, and press 'e,' the game hangs indefinitely and I have to close it.

What can I do??

leafar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9957 on: March 17, 2013, 04:35:33 am »

3) The farm plots, do they show what you can plant with current resources, or what you can plant in total? cause i can never tell what to plant (I use extended plants). Is their a way to only see what you can plant? or have those ones highlighted.
afaik you only see those you have(and once had, maybe) the seeds for; with the default embark it tries to give you all the seeds, thus you can plant quite a lot
4) I really, really, really love the caste system, My one wish was a way to influence them in which ones I get, or how many. The game, for me at-least starts to get really unmanageable when i get more that 30 dwarfs, cause I never am able to have built up enough/have enough jobs available. So if possible, could their be a way to reduce how many migrants you get, in exchange for getting more caste's/ picking the castes.
you can't influence migrant waves, it is possible to mod in transformations into different castes, but that can break other features
and it is possible to manage 30 dwarves - for me it starts getting  fun at about 80 and that's still far from the top ;)
5) Reading around the wiki seems to show that most jobs (if not all? ???) no-longer train attributes, so if you could get a equivalent of that "kobold gym" for the dwarfs that would be really nice.
dunno about the jobs, but for dwarves you an use the library-system, it's more complicated though - adding a dwarven gym wouldn't be that bad of an idea
6) Is there a better pet/animal guide? i use the manual but so many things popup that arn't in it (i diddn't/don't use random gened animals) that i always get scared cause i don't know what the wild's purpose's are. For example i had like 7 nymphs running around, wat do?
kill and butcher!
(nothing better i know of)
7) how does one make a totem?, cause i just couldn't do it, in LNP it was bones, but that didn't seem to work.
you need skulls (should be the same in LNP)
9) Is there a way to stop animals going to my meeting zone, then starving and causing miasma? cause that would be nice. At the same time though, I can't pasture them, cause they eat all the grass and then die.
maybe try bigger and more pastures? or kill and butcher :)
(don't think it's supposed to be that hard to keep them alive; how many animals on how big pastures do you have?)
10) does flux like, even exist, besides marble that is, cause i have never run into any, and using DFhack's "reveal" all I ever saw was marble.
raws say there should be calcite, dolomite and limestone as well - but only marble works as well, so not haveing the others isn't really a problem
you can also make bonemeal(flux) from remains/bones in the Slaughterhouse
Quote from: LookingForGroup
I bet you would've laughed more if you were on fire.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9958 on: March 17, 2013, 04:40:20 am »

>> For example, no compressed peat, or blood/tears of amarok, only bones.

I've seen both of those materials in game.  I dunno anything about DFHack reveal though.

>> The farm plots, do they show what you can plant with current resources, or what you can plant in total? cause i can never tell what to plant (I use extended plants). Is their a way to only see what you can plant? or have those ones highlighted.

However the farm displays; it is vanilla DF behavior and can't be modded. I think it shows all the plants your civ knows about?  so "foreign" above ground plants can't be planted until you pick (or buy) and then brew one batch.  Not positive about the details.

>>  My one wish was a way to influence them in which <castes> I get, or how many.

Nope, well, other than modding the caste population ratios yourself so the ones you want are likely in your game.

>> Reading around the wiki seems to show that most jobs (if not all? ???) no-longer train attributes, so if you could get a equivalent of that "kobold gym" for the dwarfs that would be really nice.

Dunno quite what you mean, jobs train SKILLS just fine, which is what the kobold gym does too.  Jobs (including the kobold gym) train the ATTRIBUTES associated with those skills pretty slowly, but I think it is still non-zero.

>> Is there a better pet/animal guide? i use the manual but so many things popup that arn't in it (i diddn't/don't use random gened animals) that i always get scared cause i don't know what the wild's purpose's are. For example i had like 7 nymphs running around, wat do?

The manual is what there is, the raw data files are full of the rest of information and easy to read even if you're not a modder, and as text files are easier to search quickly for needed info than any HTML manual would be.  You can always ask specific questions here if you want.  I would try to answer but I don't know what "wat do" means really :/ Are you asking if they're dangerous (not really), or what they do (run around the map randomly and occassionally may steal an item), or what you should do with them (blood for the blood god)? 

>> how does one make a totem?, cause i just couldn't do it, in LNP it was bones, but that didn't seem to work.

from *skulls* at the craftsdwarf, same as vanilla DF

>> Is there a way to stop animals going to my meeting zone, then starving and causing miasma? cause that would be nice.

pasture them somewhere so the don't die

>> At the same time though, I can't pasture them, cause they eat all the grass and then die.

Oh.  Um... pasture them somewhere bigger then?  Masterwork animals deplete the grass quite less quickly than vanilla DF so it really shouldn't be impossible. You can always just butcher them.

>> does flux like, even exist

Yes.

Good luck!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 04:43:20 am by smakemupagus »

Vortai Vae

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9959 on: March 17, 2013, 07:22:41 am »

Thanks for the reply's

The DFhack reveal command shows all elements generated except for the hidden fun stuff, which is why I was confused as to why certain materials just wouldn't appear.

Now I admit "wat do" isn't very informative but I was just trying to express how I was continuously feeling, eventually they all ran into my cage traps but then I was still quite confused as to what to do, cause i couldn't butcher them, (close to sentient creatures) taming them seemed to be a waste, as they only run away. I tried selling them but my dwarf just kept letting them out of their cages, to be smacked by the hammer-golem i had sitting nearby. That's another question in itself, is it possible to sell caught animals, and if so how?

In terms of training I must have misunderstood the purpose of the "kobold gym" but the way DF is at the moment, you could have a "flimsy" miner go from dabbling to legendary+5 and still be "flimsy" so if it does train attributes (by which I mean strength, agility, etc) it trains them so slowly as to be irrelevant.

Maybe i just had the wrong skulls, which is what i meant by bones cause i had butchered several animals for all the relevant parts, but they totem just wasn't getting constructed.

The pastures are maximum size, and i only had about 6-10 on them, they all just seemed to eat in the same corner, progressing slowly down till no grass was left, then started starving. As opposed to spreading out. The solution it turns out would be to pasture them individually, but that;s just to much micro. At the same time, call me soft but I don't like butchering animals that are tame, I just can't do it.

Oh, then i must have been looking in the wrong area's. Its just places with flux stone on the embark profile would only ever have marble, which I found slightly confusing. Its just I'd never seen any flux although I found out fairly quickly that the slaughter house could be used for bonemeal, I was still curious as to why.

Thanks again
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 07:54:19 am by Vortai Vae »
Pages: 1 ... 662 663 [664] 665 666 ... 749