Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 661 662 [663] 664 665 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1840204 times)

Riverfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2g - Poll.
« Reply #9930 on: March 15, 2013, 05:14:35 pm »

It will create magic armors with special effects, like strength or speed bonus, or invisibility and similar sillyness.

You can do that??? That's ... amazing. Of course, it will make it even more time consuming to create the perfect squad xD
Dwarven Mercantilism might also make an appearance (UNBALANCED, UNBALANCED, AAAAAhhhh *runs in circles), depending on how far Stronghammer is with his update.

I had to look this up because I wasn't familiar with the mod. And I have to say - I don't get the point. It's basically an automated multiplication of your industrial output: you produce goods for 1000, sell them, buy them back, get 100 profit and use it to buy more stuff. So...basically like a trade caravan except slower and more secure because you don't have to bother with protect the diplomats? What am I missing here? Because many people seem to like it so I am obviously missing something.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9931 on: March 15, 2013, 05:24:35 pm »

It will create magic armors with special effects, like strength or speed bonus, or invisibility and similar sillyness.

You can do that??? That's ... amazing. Of course, it will make it even more time consuming to create the perfect squad xD

hehe.

Undeadlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9932 on: March 15, 2013, 08:42:06 pm »

@all: Next version will have a major rebalancing of Golem Forge, Machine Factory, Warbeast Kennels, The Church of Dark Depths, Hall of the Mountainking, Fountain of eternal Youth, Colosseum and Ogre Cave (Kobolds). All those random boiling rock reactions will have a 100% successrate, and I can finally give them a fitting price/balancing.

I will also rename the Runesmith to Rune Weaponry, and add a Rune Armory. It will create magic armors with special effects, like strength or speed bonus, or invisibility and similar sillyness.

Dwarven Mercantilism might also make an appearance (UNBALANCED, UNBALANCED, AAAAAhhhh *runs in circles), depending on how far Stronghammer is with his update.

The three leading items on the poll were Steampunk Gnome Allies, Warpstone Skaven Invaders and Glass Industry... I wanted to focus on those first, but then dfhack r3 came along, and in between I distracted myself with the graphical stuff I came up with. So... be patient.

Seriously? Man this mod just keeps getting better and better! Steampunk Gnomes!!!! :)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 08:44:05 pm by Undeadlord »

Snorunt30

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9933 on: March 15, 2013, 11:15:37 pm »

Out of curiosity, can trap spiders make webs through fortifications? And how do you get them to lay the webs anyway?
My fucking armok, you broke the game.

Noin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9934 on: March 16, 2013, 03:47:45 am »

Tell me, Meth, is there a possible way to create building which require power? It would be very nice to have power-requiring bridges, traps, siege engines, may be even workshops (as a middle ground between the usual and magma versions)?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9935 on: March 16, 2013, 03:58:17 am »

It's most likely possible. DFhack has a steam engine building which does the opposite, it gives power from water and fuel, so it should be doable.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9936 on: March 16, 2013, 04:01:59 am »

Yes, I would very much like power-needing workshops, but there is no dfhack script for this. yet.

Trap spiders can shoot through fortifications, and the shoot webs like any other spider. Just bring enenmies nearby.

Edit:

The Gnomish Artificer. For steampowered items, tech-items, who knows what... suggestions welcome. :)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 06:54:52 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Snorunt30

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9937 on: March 16, 2013, 09:40:28 am »

Thanks, I've never really used spiders and only did it this time to since I'm playing as the kobolds with a cage/weapon trap hall, so I wasn't really sure :)
My fucking armok, you broke the game.

Fungus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9938 on: March 16, 2013, 10:09:20 am »

So, my armoursmith got into a mood. I was pretty excited as she had the prefstring for Shields of Armok. Not only that but she went scurrying off for an iridium wafer without me having to forbid any metals or mess with workshops! I was so pleased with Glovedpalaces the Fair Voices I just had to come and post. Also the Homestuck soundtrack made it all the better, I had Cascade playing throughout the making.

Also, thanks to Nice Save for the .ods file, I'm pleased to see it actually is better than a tower shield even if it's not as good as others coulds have been. :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9939 on: March 16, 2013, 10:17:02 am »

Could you post a screenshot? :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9940 on: March 16, 2013, 12:10:12 pm »

How did I JUST FIND THIS MOD!?!?
N-n-no, really.
How did I just find this. This is amazing....
HOW!!!?!?????!11?/1
EDIT: god dammit.
I found a problem.
I try and download it, and after a bit its opens up the winrar thing with an error message saying THIS:C:\Documents and Settings\Home User\My Documents\Downloads\MasterworkDF v2g+.rar: Unexpected end of archive
So, yeah. also, the rar is empty except for the data folder which only has the art and annoucnement folders, and it also has a
compress_bitmaps and a txt called command line.
Help plox!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 12:22:33 pm by KingofstarrySkies »
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9941 on: March 16, 2013, 01:05:38 pm »

what is plox?

i guess your download got interrupted or cancelled part way through?  if your file size is different than the stated size (51.58 MB) try redownloading.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9942 on: March 16, 2013, 01:12:30 pm »

plox means please

fkinglag

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9943 on: March 16, 2013, 01:19:16 pm »

Meph, just made an account to ask about this.

How hard would it be to implement tattoos to the mod??

I figured it would be like engraving except, y'know, on your dorfs.

Maybe a workshop could give said tattooed to the dwarves and maybe give certain bonuses. I was thinking that this maybe an idea worth mentioning.. meanwhile, I have no idea how it would be implemented to the mod/game.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9944 on: March 16, 2013, 01:20:19 pm »

I see you don't understand how engraving works :P

Engravings only work on items and walls.
Pages: 1 ... 661 662 [663] 664 665 ... 749