Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 659 660 [661] 662 663 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1840161 times)

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2g - Poll.
« Reply #9900 on: March 14, 2013, 01:07:58 pm »

Putnam, I totally modded that in to mess with people. Trust me, its the ENCASE_STONE tag in inorganics.

@Billy Jack: Thanks, I will add it next release.

@Stargazer: Its a material, not an item type. Try specific armor, and then just pick it from a list. Thats way easier. I will test the tailor in the meantime.

@Matoro: Thanks. :)
Thanks, Meph.  I was just trying to let Stargazer know why he can't specify that his military go grab any new Rigid Shellplate items that he produces, since it is not available in the material listing for any of the leather items. I saw your PM that you had added them to your TODO list.

Any thoughts on my suggestion for Bone Studs? http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=98196.msg4094471#msg4094471
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9901 on: March 14, 2013, 01:13:14 pm »

I did the bonestuds, because I wanted to make studs from different materials... horn, hoof, bone, metal, wood... but then I though: Balancing-wise it should be animal-parts, because if you have a metal industry, you dont make metal studs for bad leather armor, you make metal armor.

Thats why the studs are there, because I wanted to add more types of them, but then didnt. It probably makes more sense to say: Stud leather, and just take leather and bone/horn/hoof. Its a good suggestion.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9902 on: March 14, 2013, 01:19:03 pm »

tried switching isp source and still cant download -__-
could anyone upload the windows version to a torrent or give me another download source?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9903 on: March 14, 2013, 01:26:22 pm »

I upload it for you on mediafire, I send you a PM when its done.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9904 on: March 14, 2013, 01:42:52 pm »

I upload it for you on mediafire, I send you a PM when its done.
very dwarfy of you!
going to plays some orcs

Thormgrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9905 on: March 14, 2013, 02:51:56 pm »

it's not the reveal/unreveal thing that is bothering me...
it's the "suddenly all the rock I dug out is magically back and everybody in my fort is encased in stone" part of things.

...what?

You sure about that? Use revflood.

Oh yeah, I'm sure.  It happened twice, and both times... in an instant... all of the rock/clay/sand/etc. that had been dug out was back.  It was really weird and not something I've ever seen.

The game crashed shortly after, otherwise I'd upload a save.

Snap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9906 on: March 14, 2013, 07:01:33 pm »

Is there any difference between items like:
Gauntlets/gloves of power, serrated, knuckled, etc? or lightweight greaves, dark greaves, angel blessed, demon blessed, etc? I can't find the info anywhere and a quick look at the raws seems to show them all being the same thing. I just want to make sure because I thought that a mod that reduced clutter would not add it back in with useless flavor stuff.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9907 on: March 15, 2013, 02:33:42 am »

These are mood-only. Its like a little special something your moody armorsmith can do.

Manual says:
Here you can find all weapon and armorpieces that you can create in the game. Please mind that there are many more, mostly weapons that the different invaders bring, as well as rare special items. Just use common sense, in most cases the name should give away how useful something is. No Dwarf wants a "rusty iron orc choppa", but a "bloodsteel Dai-Katana" must surely be something of value. If all else fails, ask in the forum. The same counts for armor. A "scratched kettlehelm" will be bad, a "holy Reignplate Armor" or "Demonic Razorplate Armor" will be good.

And thats it. All these flavor items for moods are good. They dont clutter, because you only get 1 in maybe 10 moods.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9908 on: March 15, 2013, 03:53:07 am »

Yeah, they really don't muck up FPS any. They only take up memory, which is, well... definitely not something to worry about :V at least compared to CPU time.

Snap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9909 on: March 15, 2013, 04:44:58 am »

Right, but I was wondering if they *actually* do anything, or just change value/flavor text. For example: Do Iron Lightweight Greaves actually weigh less than Iron Greaves? etc.

If it is just flavor or something not yet implemented, that is cool too. I'm just wondering if they do anything.

Edit: Just wanted to add that they are VERY common in adventure mode.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 04:51:50 am by Snap »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9910 on: March 15, 2013, 05:58:37 am »

How can they appear in adv. mode? No civ has any of them enabled, no one knows how to make them...

Snap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9911 on: March 15, 2013, 06:44:04 am »

How can they appear in adv. mode? No civ has any of them enabled, no one knows how to make them...

Hmm I don't know, but within about 10 minutes of starting a new character and finding a warehouse I had him decked out with a bunch of the named things. I've not played in fortress mode yet with it either.

Dipo233

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9912 on: March 15, 2013, 08:54:11 am »

Is there a way to get the settings.exe to work on mac? Because i really want to try out the Orc and Kobold Camps. I've tried opening it using winebottler but it doesn't open. D:

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9913 on: March 15, 2013, 09:16:16 am »

I assuem you can use mono+wine, but I really dont know. On windows it needs .net framework to run.

Edit: Started on the next update. Dfhack r3 is in.

Also, when creating the rigid type armors from the new Tailor workshop, if I select a set of rigid shellplate, for example, the tailor also grabs scales and chitin. I thought scaleplate and chitinplate had their own specific armor sets? Why is he making a mix-match of stuff?
Tested the tailer, all works fine. Tailor does not grab scale or chitin when working with shell, or vice versa.

Edit2:
When I randomly generate creatures from the launcher, the entities that are generated are kind of broken. They end up with things like [ETHIC:[STONE_PREF]] and a ton of untagged lines that don't do anything (no square brackets,

no context), like:
NATURE
VENGEANCE
WAR
etc.
Neither Talvieno (the author of the creature generator) nor I could reproduce this error. I just genned 10 entities, everything looks fine.

Edit3: Autosyndrome for creatures works. I can finally balance the golem forge for example. One reaction = One golem, 100% of the time. :)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 11:00:38 am by Meph »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9914 on: March 15, 2013, 11:29:22 am »

Their ID is ITEM_PANTS_LEGGINGS, which is the same ID used for an item called "leggings" in vanilla.  (the latter is still in raws but the first line is commented out in MDF, item_pants.txt).  Many fortress defense races were set up to have leggings, so now they have Lightweight greaves instead.

I don't know whether this causes a problem or not by overwriting the item above it (braies)?  But I guess you won't get braies in MDF without a moody underpantssmith.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 659 660 [661] 662 663 ... 749