Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 657 658 [659] 660 661 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1840135 times)

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2g - Poll.
« Reply #9870 on: March 12, 2013, 03:22:51 pm »

lol trigger happy much? they don't even check anything they just pull based on generic words?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9871 on: March 12, 2013, 03:33:31 pm »

So now some one owns the rights of the word clutch? Mimicking Games Workshop and their Space Marines controversy too much?

What a bunch of fucking idiots.

That's why I don't use media fire anymore, not since my OWN FUCKING THESIS (a humble administrative system), made by my sweat and blood and which I used to store there was somehow cataloged as a virus somehow (I'm a programmer).

Death to mediafire.

Dropbox and similar sites are the future.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 03:39:36 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

TwistedHumor

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9872 on: March 12, 2013, 03:36:24 pm »

Hi guys,

Is anyone running the Mac V 2.f? I could run V.2c fine on my machine (I could just double-click the program and it'd start), but I cannot figure out how to get the latest version to run. Running Dwarf Fortress.exe just opens up a text file. I'm on OSX 10.5, if that makes a difference.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9873 on: March 12, 2013, 03:51:12 pm »

I just put it back on DFFD. No idea what mediafires problem is... I mean, I download so much stuff, and I get a copyright infringement notice about something I wrote myself? LoL.

Anyway, all good and back online.

@twistedhumor: Cant help you, sorry. I dont own a mac.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Riverfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9874 on: March 12, 2013, 04:12:11 pm »

This is weird but...I just downloaded 2g, started a game and in year 2 I am getting frequent spam of the message "Urist McRandom has transformed into a fully healed creature" and then back in dwarf. As far as I can tell it has no adverse effects and it always occurs on my stocks z-level. I have not yet built fountain, so it can't be anything related to that?

Ideas?

EDIT: I actually have one idea...it could be that they are drinking tears of armok and they have curative proprieties...hmm...*checking manual*
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 04:18:55 pm by Riverfire »

Agent of Avarice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9875 on: March 12, 2013, 06:52:26 pm »

Are you in a good biome? I've heard that some will heal your dwarves.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9876 on: March 12, 2013, 07:07:30 pm »

Yep, that was a good idea; according to raws the Tears of Armok drink does have curative properties.

Laggy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9877 on: March 13, 2013, 01:06:20 am »

I'm having a bit of trouble getting the scriptorium to work.

I have have a room built with 2 thatcheries pumping out Papyrus, and then 2 scriptoriums.  The thatcheries seem to be working fine;  they go pick up plants, take it to the workshop, then rinse-repeat....but I can't find any "Papyrus" anywhere in my stocks screen.  The closest thing I see are "Scrolls" in the tools menu.  It says I have ~120 of them.  I don't know where they are being stored though, because (from the stocks menu) I can't zoom to them or view them or anything.

Then, in my scriptorium, everything is redded out except for making the 3 types of ink, and binding books/textbooks (what are the differences between Book/Textbook, btw?  Manual wasn't clear.)

I checked the Known Issues in the manual, and it says that a stockpile being outside of the burrow that the workshop is in could be a problem, but I only have 1 burrow in my fortress which covers every single "Civilian" floor area, and no stockpiles outside of that at all.  Every other workshop works fine inside that burrow, so I'm not sure why it wouldn't work for the scriptorium.

Any suggestions?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9878 on: March 13, 2013, 02:21:56 am »

Laggy, did you make ink? You need ink and paper/vellum/papyrus to write a book, several units of each.

@Riverfire: But... Tear of Armok drinks dont exist. You cant brew them anymore, since... 8 mod versions of so. The syndrome is still there, yes, but the reaction to brew a drink of them is gone. Most be something else.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Laggy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9879 on: March 13, 2013, 03:22:31 am »

Laggy, did you make ink? You need ink and paper/vellum/papyrus to write a book, several units of each.
Well, I thought I had.  Turns out I didn't have any empty jugs, so the reaction was failing and I was missing the announcement.  Ooooops :(

A question for you though:  Do you have any idea where Scrolls and Ink are controlled from the stockpiles?  Right now they ar ejust going into my general purpose stockpile, but thats a lot of running back and forth to make pages :o

leafar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9880 on: March 13, 2013, 04:19:58 am »

afaik scrolls are stored as tool, there are empty entries in the stone(?) material list, one of them is the material papyrus/vellum/paper is made from
jugs are stored as tools as well, independent of their content it seems

on that topic: Meph, couldn't you make a 'paper' material for them - would make stockpiling easier, especially as the empty-named material seem to be used for other tools as well(e.g. warlock loot)

another thing: in my fort i tried to get a golemheart for iridium, but  the dwarf performing the job turned into a iron golem
i knew that could happen but hadn't really thought of it; now i have a golem but can't control it :|
any idea how i can still make use of him?
Quote from: LookingForGroup
I bet you would've laughed more if you were on fire.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9881 on: March 13, 2013, 07:19:56 am »

Hi guys,

Is anyone running the Mac V 2.f? I could run V.2c fine on my machine (I could just double-click the program and it'd start), but I cannot figure out how to get the latest version to run. Running Dwarf Fortress.exe just opens up a text file. I'm on OSX 10.5, if that makes a difference.

I have a mac as well. Have't tried this version. We were working on trying to figure out mac stuff for the last version. Possibly help there?
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9882 on: March 13, 2013, 07:28:10 am »

another thing: in my fort i tried to get a golemheart for iridium, but  the dwarf performing the job turned into a iron golem
i knew that could happen but hadn't really thought of it; now i have a golem but can't control it :|
any idea how i can still make use of him?
You should be able to pasture golems, that's what I do with any immigrant ones. Every wound was red on my brass golem stationed by my entrance but that didn't stop him. Well until I dug too deep agaiin  :'(

leafar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9883 on: March 13, 2013, 08:22:09 am »

You should be able to pasture golems, that's what I do with any immigrant ones. Every wound was red on my brass golem stationed by my entrance but that didn't stop him. Well until I dug too deep agaiin  :'(

pasturing only works with bought/migrated golems as they are regarded pets
his one transformed from a dwarf - and i couldn't even find him in any of the unit screens
Quote from: LookingForGroup
I bet you would've laughed more if you were on fire.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9884 on: March 13, 2013, 10:08:51 am »

@Riverfire: But... Tear of Armok drinks dont exist. You cant brew them anymore, since... 8 mod versions of so. The syndrome is still there, yes, but the reaction to brew a drink of them is gone. Most be something else.

Oh, I didn't know you could ever brew them :D The source I saw was REACTION:SACRIFICE_HEART at the PERMITTED_BUILDING:ARMOK_ALTAR
Pages: 1 ... 657 658 [659] 660 661 ... 749