Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 656 657 [658] 659 660 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1840090 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2g - Poll.
« Reply #9855 on: March 12, 2013, 06:51:25 am »

Dammit! I'm playing Orc Fortress and for some reason all my orcs have decided to sneak everywhere! Now they move incredibly slowly andconstantly train ambushing! What the hell is going on?

Never heard of this before. 
if you post a save i'll take a look, although, i don't even know the first thing about it. 
Here, hopefully this works.

Bavette

• Bay Watcher
  • The last of the great mountain giants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9856 on: March 12, 2013, 09:34:32 am »

I was playing V.2f this week when a dwarf went in a fey mood and made an artifact armor of Iridium. My joy was boundless! It didn't last. Apparently, my would be legendary Armorer had the most amazing insight of all dwarven-kind. He didn't create a mundane breastplate or a simple chainmail, oh no, nononono. That would be FAR too simple.
I present you all Almoshanriz (Gleamingsky) the Iridium Forcefield.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Okay, now begets the question: What the hell is a Forcefield and what does it does?
"What is a dwarf? A miserable pile of !FUN!?"

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9857 on: March 12, 2013, 09:40:12 am »

I think it's a type of shield. Yeah, iridium artifacts are awesome. Once got two consecutive iridium artifact greataxes. I had to pause the fame for a few minutes while I went and performed a sacrifice for the glory of the RNG.  :P

Bavette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9858 on: March 12, 2013, 09:47:25 am »

Well, my militia commander is using it as an armor, I think. I just wanted specifics of what the hell does it do; how much does it cover, is it shaped or not (it'd be awesome to equip a steel breastplate and a chainmail with it)?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9859 on: March 12, 2013, 09:47:33 am »

A forcefield is an armor, with a very minor layer size and its worn over the normal armor. It should act like a cloak, just with armor rating and coverage for all bodyparts. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Bavette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9860 on: March 12, 2013, 09:53:28 am »

A forcefield is an armor, with a very minor layer size and its worn over the normal armor. It should act like a cloak, just with armor rating and coverage for all bodyparts. :)
Hum. Nice. I got a freaking Dwarven Space Marine in my fort. No wonder that the automatons are loosing so badly.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9861 on: March 12, 2013, 12:39:20 pm »

Dammit! I'm playing Orc Fortress and for some reason all my orcs have decided to sneak everywhere! Now they move incredibly slowly andconstantly train ambushing! What the hell is going on?

Never heard of this before. 
if you post a save i'll take a look, although, i don't even know the first thing about it. 
Here, hopefully this works.

The bonecarver who is really flying around fast is a Snaga with very high agility, nothing crazy going on there. 

As for the 5 or 6 guys who won't stop sneaking, I see what you mean.  I have no idea, never seen anything like it before, no idea what in Orc Fortress could possibly have caused it :/  ... now that they're level ~8 or higher in ambusher they aren't *that* slow :D
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 12:46:31 pm by smakemupagus »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9862 on: March 12, 2013, 01:39:07 pm »

Well, my militia commander is using it as an armor, I think. I just wanted specifics of what the hell does it do; how much does it cover, is it shaped or not (it'd be awesome to equip a steel breastplate and a chainmail with it)?

Searching for: Forcefield
<...>
objects\item_armor_masterwork.txt(20): [NAME:forcefield:forcefields]
<...>
Found 25 occurrence(s) in 6 file(s)

[ITEM_ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_FORCEFIELD_ILLITHID]
[NAME:forcefield:forcefields]
[UBSTEP:MAX]
[LBSTEP:MAX]
[LAYER:COVER]
[COVERAGE:150]
[LAYER_SIZE:5]
[LAYER_PERMIT:150]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:9]
[ARMORLEVEL:3]
[HARD]
[METAL]
[STRUCTURAL_ELASTICITY_CHAIN_METAL]

Bavette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9863 on: March 12, 2013, 01:54:06 pm »

That was very kind of you Smakemupagus, thank you very much my friend. I figured I could stack some chains on it, like I did with the other dwarves. My military looks more like a Terminator strike team, but damn am I proud of that forcefield now.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9864 on: March 12, 2013, 01:57:00 pm »

No problem, when I happen to have the textpad open already it takes like 2 seconds :)  Indeed as Meph said you can stack it over both plate and chainmail as a third layer, if your dwarves are strong/skilled enough to still move!

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9865 on: March 12, 2013, 02:40:51 pm »

Anybody having problems with a massive amount of kids being born? Usually I'd just set the population cap and children cap low and that'd stop pregnancies, but now... I've population cap set at 120, kids cap set at 20, and yet my fortress is seeing babies born every couple of days. I'm currently sitting at population of 174, of which 70 are children!

I've been seeing the same thing happen in My Little Fortress, so I think this is a Vanilla issue

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9866 on: March 12, 2013, 02:47:59 pm »

Wtf.

The file named MasterworkDF_v2f_Linux_Patched_2013-01-13.rar

MediaFire has received notification under the provisions of
   the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") that your usage
   of a file is allegedly infringing on the file creator's
   copyright protection.

The reason for suspension was:

Copyrighted media relating to 'Clutch'
Information about the party that filed the report:

Company Name: Muso TNT Limited
Contact Address: Studio 12, 6-8 Cole Street London SE1 4YH
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9867 on: March 12, 2013, 03:03:09 pm »

...umm...wtf?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9868 on: March 12, 2013, 03:10:45 pm »

Copyright trolls. MediaFire and related websites are really, really, really jumpy about copyright claims ever since Megaupload got taken down.

A google search for "clutch" reveals a rock band, which is probably where your claim comes from.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9869 on: March 12, 2013, 03:21:48 pm »

Yeah you probably just have the phrase "clutch of eggs" or who knows what else and the copytrolls triggered on that word.  I remember a story where they had taken down a ton of people's files listed as compatable with Mac Operating System 7 because "System 7" is a band somewhere.
Pages: 1 ... 656 657 [658] 659 660 ... 749