Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 649 650 [651] 652 653 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1839905 times)

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
  • [NEED ALCOHOL TO GET THROUGH THE WORKING DAY]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2g - Poll.
« Reply #9750 on: March 08, 2013, 01:20:23 pm »

The furniture set thing has saved me alot of micromanagement headaches as a newb.

Me also, I love the "X set" things, for clothing, rooms, and the possibility to use bones for a lot of stuff.

I have a question, I can't understand how to use blood of amrok ... tears did flood my mine when I tryed to take them.
I belived I could move them where I wanted... was that an utopia ?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9751 on: March 08, 2013, 01:39:48 pm »

I have a question, I can't understand how to use blood of amrok ... tears did flood my mine when I tryed to take them.
I belived I could move them where I wanted... was that an utopia ?

You should be able to use it to fill magma flasks at the alchemist.  Then the flasks can be used to fill a small reservoir with magma (I am not sure exactly of the mechanics of this in Dwarf mode: probably build Spawn Point in a 3x3 room -> use reactions to fill with magma -> set up a cave in to crush spawnpoint releasing magma).  Then build a magma-furnace over the reservoir as normal, use it to fill tankers with magma, use a rail system to deploy carts full of magma to the ultimate destination.  Again I am not sure of the exact steps in Dwarf mode.  It sounds complicated especially if you don't know how to use tramcarts yet, but it should be much faster and better for DPS than a deep pump stack.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 01:42:25 pm by smakemupagus »

Laggy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2g - NEW RELEASE
« Reply #9752 on: March 08, 2013, 02:19:59 pm »

So I'm having a bit of a strange minor issue.  Occasionally, part of my fonts "disappear" in game.  All it takes to fix it is resizing the game window (even just 1px).  Is it a bi-product of the Masterwork font, or because I'm using Truetype?  If so, is there any way to get around it without disabling either/both of those?

Edit:  Also, I seem to be having trouble with wood stockpiles :o

I build a wood stockpile around my Carpenter's Workshop, but its not filling up with wood.  There is wood chopped, but my dwarves are leaving it sitting out in the open instead of carrying it to my stockpile.  I checked the stockpile settings, and Wood is definitely enabled.  So confused :o

Edit 2:  For reference to the stockpiles problem:  I have Simple Trees turned on, and More Tree Types turned off.  I notice that all basic trees I cut down produce only Wood Logs (not named types or anything).  But in the wood stockpile materials list, there are all kinds of things listed (Oak, Maple, etc etc etc), none of which are simple just "Wood".  Not sure if that is what's causing this problem or not?  (Also for reference, I made stockpiles the exact same way for stones around my stone-using workshops and they work fine.  This is really boggling :|  )
Ignore the first question, but if anyone has any idea, I would really really like to know what is wrong with my stockpiles if anyone has any ideas :o

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9753 on: March 08, 2013, 02:27:01 pm »

So I'm having a bit of a strange minor issue.  Occasionally, part of my fonts "disappear" in game.  All it takes to fix it is resizing the game window (even just 1px).  Is it a bi-product of the Masterwork font, or because I'm using Truetype?  If so, is there any way to get around it without disabling either/both of those?

Edit:  Also, I seem to be having trouble with wood stockpiles :o

I build a wood stockpile around my Carpenter's Workshop, but its not filling up with wood.  There is wood chopped, but my dwarves are leaving it sitting out in the open instead of carrying it to my stockpile.  I checked the stockpile settings, and Wood is definitely enabled.  So confused :o

Edit 2:  For reference to the stockpiles problem:  I have Simple Trees turned on, and More Tree Types turned off.  I notice that all basic trees I cut down produce only Wood Logs (not named types or anything).  But in the wood stockpile materials list, there are all kinds of things listed (Oak, Maple, etc etc etc), none of which are simple just "Wood".  Not sure if that is what's causing this problem or not?  (Also for reference, I made stockpiles the exact same way for stones around my stone-using workshops and they work fine.  This is really boggling :|  )
Ignore the first question, but if anyone has any idea, I would really really like to know what is wrong with my stockpiles if anyone has any ideas :o

As the wood type:
It's like this for me also, it's to increase FPS. You have only brown wood, and white fungi logs.

As the stockpiles:
probably old wood types are still listed to avoid problems. Don't know.

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9754 on: March 08, 2013, 02:51:41 pm »

I'm testing the colosseum, wich graphically haves some grates in the middle.

Is it possible (or it's aready done) that the grates are holes (like for magma furnaces) to flow liquids trough ?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9755 on: March 08, 2013, 03:20:01 pm »

often if a wood stockpile is not filled, it is caused by setting "Dwarves ignore wood" on the standing orders menu by mistake, have you checked?
The name of common wood on the stockpile setting is "rough".  i.e., when you query the logs it is called "rough wood"
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 03:27:36 pm by smakemupagus »

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9756 on: March 08, 2013, 03:58:57 pm »

Question: My current fort is in a good biome that resurrects fallen dwarves. This is understandably useful. (And awesome.) However, resurrected citizens appear to be a part of my fort, but lose membership. E.g. "She is a former member of the Galleys of Fierceness. She is a former member of the Constructs of Paddles." This means that, while such a dwarf can continue normal tasks and even join the military, they can no longer hold any position of rank, such as military commander, captain, mayor, and so on. This means there is a slowly dwindling pool of eligible dwarves for leadership, which is especially problematic for forming new squads and keeping them staffed with leaders. Is there a way around this?
Not that I know of, and this sounds like hardcoded stuff, probably nothing to be done about it. I only have the generic useless advice: keep them alive.
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

Laggy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9757 on: March 08, 2013, 04:17:32 pm »

often if a wood stockpile is not filled, it is caused by setting "Dwarves ignore wood" on the standing orders menu by mistake, have you checked?
The name of common wood on the stockpile setting is "rough".  i.e., when you query the logs it is called "rough wood"
ASKJDLKAJLKS so simple.  I don't even remember opening the orders menu, not sure how wood got turned off :o  Oops!

So stockpiling is fixed now, just using a general wood stockpile.  For reference, though, I don't see "Rough" in the list of specific wood materials if I wanted to exclude fungi.

Purgatory

• Bay Watcher
  • Many Questions Asked
    • View Profile
« Reply #9758 on: March 08, 2013, 06:16:22 pm »

That poll...
It confused me and I made both of my choices in #2.
Signature Is Here.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9759 on: March 08, 2013, 06:51:17 pm »

@leafar: Thanks, will be fixed.

@Baijiu: Sure you can butcher goblin invaders. And any other invaders.

@Aeon Blue: Which version are you playing? 2g ?

@Noako: You dont understand how building tiles work. ;) The grates in the colosseum are not grates, but pictures of grates. Same goes for any building every. Its another setting of the blocks are solid or not, which is the bright green X (not solid) and dark green X )solid) when building a new workshop.

::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

SuicideRey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9760 on: March 08, 2013, 08:08:12 pm »

Last time I checked it was only updated to 2b... It's 2g now, right? Sorry if I'am mistaken.

I think Meph is pointing you near the very top of the post, just under the win/mac/linux download links and above the orc & kobold links.  If you're still following a link somewhere to the old dropbox patch notes, I dunno, those may or may not be out of date.
Oh wow I feel silly, thanks I didn't see that. ^^'
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 08:13:32 pm by SuicideRey »

Aeon Blue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9761 on: March 08, 2013, 09:30:52 pm »

Oh, it looks like I'm playing 2df. I'm going to download the newer version now...

This mod is amazing. I've been lost in it for weeks!

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9762 on: March 09, 2013, 02:49:32 am »

ASKJDLKAJLKS so simple.  I don't even remember opening the orders menu, not sure how wood got turned off :o  Oops!

So stockpiling is fixed now, just using a general wood stockpile.  For reference, though, I don't see "Rough" in the list of specific wood materials if I wanted to exclude fungi.
I also had a similar wood problem when trying to create a stockpile for each of the different types I had available.  My 2 Timberyards were cluttered with the wood that they were cutting from my tree farms.  "Rough" wood is not an option in v.2f or v.2g.  I was able to start getting it stockpiled separately by forbidding all type and then enabling the one blank entry between firewood and smooth.

I also couldn't get dedicated piles of Rigid ScalePlate to make my cloaks from. I then added the [LEATHER] and [ITEM_LEATHER] tags to the raw for [MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:TANNED_DRAKESCALE] and[MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:TANNED_SHELL_HEAVY] (because I figured it was missing from this one as well).  Result was that I now had a few more entries (2 or 3 more) for Rigid ScalePlate in my leather and enabling all of them allowed the Rigid ScalePlate to go to my dedicated stockpile.

Also, why are we making leather trousers?  As I understand it, trousers have no armor value which leads the commoners to go grab them to replace their existing pants.  I've added the [ITEM_PANTS:ITEM_PANTS_LEGGINGS] from the item_pants_masterwork.txt file to the Dwarf race so that they aren't foreign and changed out all of the reactions for the tailorshop from the trousers to the lightweight greaves.  Result: No more low value ninjas swiping my VIP's armor.

Great mod Meph!!! 

P.S.  @Nokao - send those crutch walking veterans to the Fountain of Youth you've made and send them for a swim. Gets those legs back in working condition.

Sorry for the WoT, but I just couldn't resist finally registering after seeing someone mention a similar problem with the wood.

Edit:  oh yeah...  You've got a separate raw entry for Lamellar Armor with an armor value of 3, but only the Boneyard can make it.  Is this correct?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 02:56:43 am by Billy Jack »
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9763 on: March 09, 2013, 06:30:55 am »

@Noako: You dont understand how building tiles work. ;) The grates in the colosseum are not grates, but pictures of grates. Same goes for any building every. Its another setting of the blocks are solid or not, which is the bright green X (not solid) and dark green X )solid) when building a new workshop.

I know !!! I was asking/suggesting if it's possible in future version to make a hole there, actually I had to do this to flow out liquids:

level 0
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
level 1 (this level is not finished, I would like to find a way to make monsters FALL down, and I still have to close walls+ceiling, and I would like to make it all glass.)
level -1

Because I want to flow everything with water for emergencies.
Of course water is not that dangerous for that kind of monsters, but this is also a way to clean poisons and blood.

Now I just need blood of Amrok for magma, it's to expensive and FPS-enemy to make a pump stack of 100 levels.

p.s. lucky me that doors and hatches are undestroyable artifacts

P.S.  @Nokao - send those crutch walking veterans to the Fountain of Youth you've made and send them for a swim. Gets those legs back in working condition.

Oh god, thanks !
I still have to understand well all the structures, now I'm trying to understand the training-by-reading-the-books-system. Having !FUN! for Dummies.

But when I send in people (temple, fountain, etc) a random dwarf goes in ? or injured ones ? my soldiers won't get in !

P.P.S. I BECAME MOUNTAINHOME !! that's my first time :D
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 07:07:55 am by Nokao »

Jordan~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9764 on: March 09, 2013, 08:45:48 am »

When I randomly generate creatures from the launcher, the entities that are generated are kind of broken. They end up with things like [ETHIC:[STONE_PREF]] and a ton of untagged lines that don't do anything (no square brackets, no context), like:
NATURE
VENGEANCE
WAR
etc.
Pages: 1 ... 649 650 [651] 652 653 ... 749