Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 643 644 [645] 646 647 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1839670 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2g - NEW RELEASE
« Reply #9660 on: March 06, 2013, 12:55:38 am »

Meph, Putnam wow, that was fast. My gratitude for clarification.
It seems ripping off pre-existent features does severe impact in comparison to disability of playing new ones. Interesting.

What? ^^ Its worse to lose a feature you are used to, then not learn a newer one? :P
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Baijiu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9661 on: March 06, 2013, 04:06:22 am »

I like to play with bigger regions, so does it really matter if I don't use a pre-genned world? Am I going to miss out on anything if I generat a world?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9662 on: March 06, 2013, 04:08:22 am »

That depends on your adv worldgen skills and the world itself. Its pretty random. And your settings. Impossible for me to answer your question, but generally, the bigger the world, the safer it is. :)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Purgatory

• Bay Watcher
  • Many Questions Asked
    • View Profile
« Reply #9663 on: March 06, 2013, 04:12:03 am »

I like to play with bigger regions, so does it really matter if I don't use a pre-genned world? Am I going to miss out on anything if I generat a world?
I'm quite sure that some of the world stuff doesn't gen in, like minerals. I'm not too sure on exactly what would be missed, but I am pretty sure that you will miss out on some stuff if you use normal world gen.

EDIT: I use "Pretty sure" a lot don't I...
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 04:19:22 am by Purgatory »
Signature Is Here.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9664 on: March 06, 2013, 04:14:19 am »

Normal worldgen is not sufficient, or better: more unbalanced. But if you know how to use the adv. worldgen there is no problem with genning something nice yourself that works with the mod. Mineral scarcity of 100-200 is important. And 30+ civs min.

Baijiu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9665 on: March 06, 2013, 04:24:24 am »

Oh. I like to lower the number of civilizations and make the population limit higher and see what happens, and I set mineral scarcity to 100. The main reason I wanted a bigger map though is because I can't seem to find many towns in the pre-genned worlds. I'm getting towns with a larger map so I'm happy now. ^^

Agent of Avarice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9666 on: March 06, 2013, 04:39:47 am »

Oh. I like to lower the number of civilizations and make the population limit higher and see what happens, and I set mineral scarcity to 100. The main reason I wanted a bigger map though is because I can't seem to find many towns in the pre-genned worlds. I'm getting towns with a larger map so I'm happy now. ^^
Careful with the civ tweaking, if you disable/enable too many races, and the increase/decrease the civ numbers, wonky things happen. Same goes with climate adjustments (IIRC)

Asva

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9667 on: March 06, 2013, 04:47:40 am »

What? ^^ Its worse to lose a feature you are used to, then not learn a newer one? :P
Exactly. Should have taken my english wording classes more seriously (in fact, I had no english classes).
BTW, your loyal Asva is currently working on MDF article for russian wiki. Maybe, just maybe, it can get the translation. Worshops are translated already.
There is japanese wiki page as well. And it's huge!

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
  • [NEED ALCOHOL TO GET THROUGH THE WORKING DAY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9668 on: March 06, 2013, 06:17:20 am »

I'm enjoying the new structures.

IMHO, workshop-workshtops should do the things they do, plus the normal vanilla items.
This is because making all this structures takes a really huge fortress.

But I don't know how modding works, I mean, if you copy+pasted some code to add the extra reactions,
or if you did them from zero. In this second case, to recreate all basic reaction would be an useless source of bugs.

Plus:
Leatherworker = Make leather whatever. It takes dragonscales. Just use stockpile options to only feed the workshop with dragonscale. Or simply store it right next to the leatherworker.

Ok, so I have to use vanilla leatherworker and make pieces one by one ?
The "make a whole leather armor set" in your special workshop only use normal leather ? Or it also use the leather it founds ?
I ask this because rather than limiting material types, I will try to just end all my leather making leather armors.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 06:23:11 am by Nokao »

Demonbutter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9669 on: March 06, 2013, 06:50:36 am »

How do you mean really huge? Because I don't think that's necessarily the case, just depends on how you take advantage of the terrain/mining you do.

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
  • [NEED ALCOHOL TO GET THROUGH THE WORKING DAY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9670 on: March 06, 2013, 06:58:16 am »

How do you mean really huge? Because I don't think that's necessarily the case, just depends on how you take advantage of the terrain/mining you do.

Well, I'm a noob and I'm going to publish my save in 1-2 days to ask for advises, but it took me 3 levels of workshop+stockpiles to make a well-desined, self sufficient fortress.
1° level is for food production, 2° level is for all inorganic production, except metal industry that is in the 3° level, that is down, near magma.
They are something like 60x40 areas. Population 150 dwarves, I fear that my civ is dead, no more migrants.

Stormbuilder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9671 on: March 06, 2013, 07:06:24 am »

Nokao: yes, if you want to use a lot of features, you need some space. Don't fall in the trap to make too much empty space though, unless your pc can handle the extra pathing.

@meph: one bug, which i think I have already seen posted. When offering a life at a bigger temple, it works but the temple explodes. The blocks can be recovered but the totems vanish.

Do you want me to test it a few more times to see how often it happens?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 09:19:32 am by Stormbuilder »

kizucha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9672 on: March 06, 2013, 07:41:44 am »

Hi guy's, uhm sorry maybe i'm not good in the information but what's going with the workflow plugin? is it gone?  :'(

Edit: nevermind, i have found the solution, meph has already posted it. sorry. xD
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 08:16:36 am by kizucha »

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9673 on: March 06, 2013, 10:35:58 am »

nakao - all fortresses of any complexity use several z-levels. that's normal, and should be encouraged, because more z-levels makes for shorter routes.
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9674 on: March 06, 2013, 10:43:42 am »

You know what has me stumped ? How can there be a russion wiki, a japanese wiki, and what I assume to be  more or less OK translations of the mod, but A: I dont know about it (which means no one has asked) and B: Why did the english wiki not work?  :o

Ryan ashes did write me about the russion one, asking for help after he was 50% done. But thats about it. ^^
Pages: 1 ... 643 644 [645] 646 647 ... 749