Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 641 642 [643] 644 645 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1839637 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2g - NEW RELEASE
« Reply #9630 on: March 05, 2013, 03:45:00 am »

You can not disable settings after you genned a world. Thats why it says in the manual: You need to gen a new world.

Also, all aboveground crops wither in winter, you can only plant them in spring/summer. Underground crops need a full year to grow, so yes, you need to wait a full season.

@Scruffy: Wyverns should have different colors/castes with different effects. Green ones could spit acid. Others have fire... and so forth.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

cib

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9631 on: March 05, 2013, 04:06:07 am »

Also, all aboveground crops wither in winter, you can only plant them in spring/summer. Underground crops need a full year to grow, so yes, you need to wait a full season.

Oh dear god, the tooltip for hard farming might mention that! *cough* slightly harder *cough* Well, at least it's no bug then.

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9632 on: March 05, 2013, 04:53:59 am »

The search function crash thing is probably because you put in a number. That usually makes it crash for me.

Do you have a save where you can reproduce this crash? If so I'd like to take a look.
Utility plugins for DFHack, for improving Dwarf Fortress' user interface.

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
  • [NEED ALCOHOL TO GET THROUGH THE WORKING DAY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9633 on: March 05, 2013, 06:10:33 am »

Hi falconne,
I'm really sorry but yesterday as promised I tryed to use massively the search function and it never crashed again.
I also tryed to insert numbers as suggested. No crashes.

I suppose you're asking this because you're a developer, if so, thanks for this search functions and generally dfhack, it made DF playable for me !
Sometimes is very hard to find the right dwarf, and in this way I also was able to re-organize animals.

If I can make a feat request, the only left places where it's hard to find the right dwarf are CraftDwarf workshop for Slabs (searching the name of the ghost or the megabeast I slayed and I want to memorialize) and the dread "assign a bed to all dwarfes in your fort" part. Adding a filter to not show "already have a bed" dwarves, or put them first, would be really really a great time saver.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9634 on: March 05, 2013, 06:17:51 am »

The search function crash thing is probably because you put in a number. That usually makes it crash for me.

Do you have a save where you can reproduce this crash? If so I'd like to take a look.

I think it was a couple of masterwork mod versions ago I last tried it, and I don't want to accidentally screw up one of my forts soooooo... sorry.

Asva

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9635 on: March 05, 2013, 08:48:59 am »

Quick question: where is workflow GUI from 2f?

Riverfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9636 on: March 05, 2013, 09:07:22 am »

snip
Yeah, yeah, that sounds like fun. Good stuff, good stuff.

But you know what sounds like more fun? Playing right now
Sorry, I've had this in the works for a little while now. Hope I don't look too much like a jerk right now.

With respect, but that's not the same. The idea here is to make a tutorial of MDF to introduce new players to it. The fact that it's going to be a succession game is just to spread the "work" - if I had the time to it all by myself, I would.

Still, I don't want to steal your thunder, so I guess I'll just put this on hold for a while.
You don't sound too much like a jerk, but...yeah, not exactly mr. Sunshine either ;)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 09:09:06 am by Riverfire »

Freitas11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9637 on: March 05, 2013, 09:23:31 am »

Sup meph. I think i found a bug with stockpiles. When i make a custom refuse stockpile to accept only bones, sometimes they also accept some body party (which can rot and produce miasma).

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9638 on: March 05, 2013, 09:35:32 am »

the plants from the option for more plants in the materials tab don't follow the guidelines of masterwork.  the above ground plants are year round while the underground ones are restricted some months.  And the plants are not affected by harder farming.

from my findings of reading the raws of the new animals and playing a fort, i found that shearing a cragtooth boar gives a skin to be sent to the tanner instead of ivory from tusks. 
as far as egg clutches go horned turtles have clutch size of 11-15.  the bearded cavernkeet has a clutch size of 8 to 12.  the boulder crab has a clutch of 3 to 7.
i'm enjoying all the new animals though

current fort is 70 levels deep with 4x4.  using dfhack i see i only have 19 balrogs and 67 rockwraiths from gold.  maybe you could make the digging invaders on there own button to ease the use of them.  maybe add a smaller much weaker rockwraith to disrupt the mining operations to go along with the other ones.  could they get there own tech? maybe reprogram them or add to the current golems to make them more enticing ;)

and other than that... i usually never have to worry about cloth being so many ways to get it, so many vermin produce it in the caverns. maybe a harder cloth button? but better worded :P

Sup meph. I think i found a bug with stockpiles. When i make a custom refuse stockpile to accept only bones, sometimes they also accept some body party (which can rot and produce miasma).
a quick fix would be to have another stockpile take from that one with bones turned off.  bone stockpile -> refuse <no bones> stockpile.
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

Waterplouf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9639 on: March 05, 2013, 10:23:05 am »

You can not disable settings after you genned a world. Thats why it says in the manual: You need to gen a new world.

@Scruffy: Wyverns should have different colors/castes with different effects. Green ones could spit acid. Others have fire... and so forth.
Well, that's kind of weird. I was asking this question because the plants ( under and above ground ) were growing "normally" ( like in the vanilla DF ) until the Winter. But thanks for enlightening me.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9640 on: March 05, 2013, 11:39:18 am »

I never balanced the additional plants (100 something) because they are not part of the default setting. People want to have them? Thats fine. But I wont mod it. Its the flora&fauna mod. Its similar to the FD races, I dont mod them to either. Or Orc Fortress. All mods by other people, and all just optional additions.

The 10 dwarven pets... those I added directly to the dwarves, so I will balance them. :) Thanks for the report.

@Riverfire & Chaosgear: I dont see the problem here. One wants to make a SuccessionFort based on Science, Golems and Automatons, the other wants to start a MDF TUtorial Fort. Those dont contradict themselves, so you can do both. There will be enough people wanting to play for both of you. ^^

@falconne: Besides the crashes at the very beginning with the first version of your plugins (which was fixed) I never had any problems. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9641 on: March 05, 2013, 11:54:42 am »

Well, that's kind of weird. I was asking this question because the plants ( under and above ground ) were growing "normally" ( like in the vanilla DF ) until the Winter. But thanks for enlightening me.

Vanilla plants have growing seasons too, even the underground ones.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #9642 on: March 05, 2013, 12:34:49 pm »

Nymphs and concubines need a new prefstring
"Urist McLecher likes concubines for their huge...tracts of land!
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9643 on: March 05, 2013, 02:21:46 pm »

If I can make a feat request, the only left places where it's hard to find the right dwarf are CraftDwarf workshop for Slabs (searching the name of the ghost or the megabeast I slayed and I want to memorialize) and the dread "assign a bed to all dwarfes in your fort" part. Adding a filter to not show "already have a bed" dwarves, or put them first, would be really really a great time saver.

Yep the assign room one is on my todo list. I'll take a look at the memorial list too (somehow I thought there was already a way to make that list easy to use).
Utility plugins for DFHack, for improving Dwarf Fortress' user interface.

eggthief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9644 on: March 05, 2013, 03:57:29 pm »

Hello, I just started trying out this interesting looking mod. I might be asking something already asked but I just started an embark with dwarves and while having no stone drop is great for fps I find myself completely reliant on wood for construction. Is there any way or option (couldn't find anything in the launcher) which will give me a little bit more of stone to build with?
Pages: 1 ... 641 642 [643] 644 645 ... 749