Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 640 641 [642] 643 644 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1839634 times)

chaosgear

• Bay Watcher
  • Pants-on-head retarded
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2g - NEW RELEASE
« Reply #9615 on: March 04, 2013, 05:52:18 pm »

Yeah, sure, I'd play a MW succession fort. Sounds fun. I'd prefer default settings.

Of course, I turn aquifers on. Cuz I'm not a pansy.
I always seem to end up with a magnificent burial complex and nowhere near enough bodies to fill it, or far too many bodies and nowhere to put any of them.

Riverfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9616 on: March 04, 2013, 05:55:49 pm »

The fortress defense races tend to screw up worldgen altogether. First off, they likely kill the automatons, so quite a few features are lost that way. I think they are hilariously (and admittedly) broken and totally lack the balance of the other races.

Aside from that, the idea is good. I don't have nearly as much time as I'd like to have, but I may be able to play a few turns. Nothing regular like with the MW succession fort last year, but I could participate a bit. I think I'm an able player, definitely not the best, but my forts tend to survive, and I have a solid concept of managing a new fort. Still, I'd rather have the FD races disabled, the mod is way better without them.

Great to hear from you Ishar - I just mentioned that I wanted to hear how you guys are with your RL time.

I've actually become quite proficient with genning worlds with a lot of FD races - mainly by pumping up the initial number to 60 and making short histories (which I guess reduces the chances of Nagas taming Dragons but ah well xD )

Why do you say that the mod is better without them? I think that having some coming by makes it more interesting than the usual goblin genocides.

Ultimately, it's down to preferences. We can make the game interesting by
1) Setting lofty goals/handicaps - catching the adamantine bug, building a 100z tower etc, or not locking up the fort.
2) Activating a lot of "harder" settings
3) Activating a lot of FD races.

What we choose is up to our preferences.

Riverfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9617 on: March 04, 2013, 05:57:13 pm »

Yeah, sure, I'd play a MW succession fort. Sounds fun. I'd prefer default settings.

Of course, I turn aquifers on. Cuz I'm not a pansy.

I am xD I'd rather face a pandashi 80 man siege heads on than trying to breach an aquifer xD

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9618 on: March 04, 2013, 06:15:15 pm »

I didnt mean that you do the text for the first year... but for the "tutorial" parts of it. Or govern/lead the fort. There wont be happening much in the first year anyway.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Riverfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9619 on: March 04, 2013, 06:20:22 pm »

I didnt mean that you do the text for the first year... but for the "tutorial" parts of it. Or govern/lead the fort. There wont be happening much in the first year anyway.

Ah, even better. I was about to say "well, that doesn't sound much" when I realized that 80% of the stuff in MF is not even present in vanilla xD. But seriously, sounds good to me. I'll also take a look at legends viewer to see whether anything interesting jumps out.

Actually, I don't even remember anymore what is present in vanilla and what isn't.

What's your opinion on the rest of what I wrote, esp regarding content to enable/disable? I want to make sure that everyone is fine with the configuration of the game before it starts.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9620 on: March 04, 2013, 06:39:09 pm »

Well, you choose your world and embark, just check legends to see if all masterwork races are there and can attack you. Please, use preset settings, all the "harder something" is enabled anyway. Then embark, and send me the save, I can do the first year.

Its of course a major difference if you embark on a joyful volcano with a river and a cave, or a half-frozen evil oceanglacier. But thats up to you. Magma is needed at some point anyway, but I always felt like its an insta-win condition, with like having unlimited nukes. ^^

Maybe add 1-2-3 FD races, if it doesnt mess up the other races and you really want this. ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Riverfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9621 on: March 04, 2013, 07:04:40 pm »

Ahaha, I think I'll go with something inbetween. Probably evil and/or savage, but with volcano and river/stream if I can arrange it (never been good at interesecting volcanos with rivers...I'll need to play around with perfectworld mumble mumble).

As for FD races: actually, I am now reminded that in this version (compared to 1.9.5), you list 6 invaders as "not FD". They may be enough to provide challenge. Perhaps add 1-2 of the more interesting FD races? (like Imps, SpiderFiends, Nightwings).

We'll see, open to suggestions. If you don't mind, I'll hold off for a few days - this way someone else can chime in and declare interest. I am also relocating and need to get good internet to download 2g, and over the next few of days I have to prepare a massive 2 day game session for a lvl 24 D&D party.

Cheers.

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9622 on: March 04, 2013, 07:13:37 pm »

i would suggest adding the evil dwarves/humans/elves/drow, rather then the FD races. they hit very very hard - again, the difficulty is ensuring that all the races survive. i generate bigger worlds to work around that, and can reliably get up to year 100 by doing so. that generally provides at least one necrotower!
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!

Waterplouf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9623 on: March 04, 2013, 07:28:34 pm »

Hey guys !
First of, I want to say the mod is really great and I am really enjoying it so far  ;D.
I however kind of have a bug ( or maybe I am doing something wrong ). My farm plots are completely planted, but the plants are like blocked. they don't yield the plants like they should. Did I do something wrong ? Is crop rotation needed in this mod or is it a bug ?

P.S : I forgot to point out that everything was working fine until winter. Oh and I have harder farming on.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 07:34:15 pm by Waterplouf »

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #9624 on: March 04, 2013, 07:31:55 pm »

Haven't played masterwork since the old pre v.2 release (1.9.4 was it? Don't remember) but started playing this version yesterday. Turned on every harder setting and am truly enjoying it right now. The one year growtime on plants is really a nice challenge. I had to start using fertilizer and I would have started trading for food and making herbalist dwarves but I am playing in a terrifying biome that doesn't really allow loitering outside. I like v.2 thus far.
Good job Meph!  ;D

Edit: Did wyverns always breath acid? I thought that the ones in earlier versions had fire breath.
Also, I see that the warlocks are still as deadly as always. Even those lone ambushers are nasty.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 07:36:27 pm by Scruffy »
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Jerbot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9625 on: March 04, 2013, 08:10:42 pm »

Hi all,

First off, this mod is great and adds a ton of really fun stuff. Thanks for all of your work Meph and others.

(side note, I also dont typically have trouble with FD races screwing up worldgens as long as I have short histories. Then I have a dozen or more enemy races sending various attacks.)

One of the things I like most is the caste/guild system, it turns two of my least favorite vanilla things (migrant waves and children) into things I look forward to, getting to see what I got. I have a question though, is there a way to choose which castes I get for the starting 7? Also, I think I read something about a guildhall where you could add guilds/castes to dwarfs. I would love to see that get added back in. I realize there are some issues with blocking those dwarfs from then using some reactions, but I would still like the option of having that in a few forts.

Anyway, thanks again for the fun mod.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9626 on: March 04, 2013, 08:11:42 pm »

I have a question though, is there a way to choose which castes I get for the starting 7?

No.

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9627 on: March 04, 2013, 08:23:05 pm »

I have a question though, is there a way to choose which castes I get for the starting 7?

i was trying to use dfusion for a while, but eventually i gave up, because while it's supposedly possible i couldn't get it to work reliably! i'm actually thinking about disabling castes next fortress i start... otherwise i obsess about getting the right castes instead of just working with what i get =D
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!

chaosgear

• Bay Watcher
  • Pants-on-head retarded
    • View Profile
« Reply #9628 on: March 04, 2013, 09:56:25 pm »

Ahaha, I think I'll go with something inbetween. Probably evil and/or savage, but with volcano and river/stream if I can arrange it (never been good at interesecting volcanos with rivers...I'll need to play around with perfectworld mumble mumble).

As for FD races: actually, I am now reminded that in this version (compared to 1.9.5), you list 6 invaders as "not FD". They may be enough to provide challenge. Perhaps add 1-2 of the more interesting FD races? (like Imps, SpiderFiends, Nightwings).

We'll see, open to suggestions. If you don't mind, I'll hold off for a few days - this way someone else can chime in and declare interest. I am also relocating and need to get good internet to download 2g, and over the next few of days I have to prepare a massive 2 day game session for a lvl 24 D&D party.

Cheers.
Yeah, yeah, that sounds like fun. Good stuff, good stuff.

But you know what sounds like more fun? Playing right now
Sorry, I've had this in the works for a little while now. Hope I don't look too much like a jerk right now.
I always seem to end up with a magnificent burial complex and nowhere near enough bodies to fill it, or far too many bodies and nowhere to put any of them.

cib

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9629 on: March 05, 2013, 03:42:06 am »

Hey guys !
First of, I want to say the mod is really great and I am really enjoying it so far  ;D.
I however kind of have a bug ( or maybe I am doing something wrong ). My farm plots are completely planted, but the plants are like blocked. they don't yield the plants like they should. Did I do something wrong ? Is crop rotation needed in this mod or is it a bug ?

P.S : I forgot to point out that everything was working fine until winter. Oh and I have harder farming on.

I have the same annoying problem. v.v I've had plump helmets planted for a year now, and they refuse to grow at all. Have hard farming enabled as well(though disabling it midgame doesn't seem to help either).

Update: Ah, they're growing now. 1 year after I planted them. I disabled hard farming about 3 months ago, so I'm not sure that's it.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 03:44:41 am by cib »
Pages: 1 ... 640 641 [642] 643 644 ... 749