Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 636 637 [638] 639 640 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1839543 times)

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
  • [NEED ALCOHOL TO GET THROUGH THE WORKING DAY]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2g - NEW RELEASE
« Reply #9555 on: March 03, 2013, 06:42:24 am »

No sorry ... but I could give you the actual save
however I was deleting-rewriting-deleting words, it's possible that I was too rough.

I'd need an reproducible scenario actually. If you are able to reproduce it from a save in the future then that would be very helpful. This is the first time I've heard of the Search causing a crash so I'm curious.

Ok, I will start again to use the search function and test it as a debugger (pressing fast many keys, delete, etc)

Honestly I'm loosing a little trust in DF stability, not the game itself but the modded game is starting to crash sometimes.

Also, the names of my savegames are very hard to understand (and also wrong if you look season+year)
 and everytime I save (thing that I don't do often for this reason) I loose 10 minutes to find the right save.
Do you have suggestions about that ?

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9556 on: March 03, 2013, 06:49:17 am »

No sorry ... but I could give you the actual save
however I was deleting-rewriting-deleting words, it's possible that I was too rough.

I'd need an reproducible scenario actually. If you are able to reproduce it from a save in the future then that would be very helpful. This is the first time I've heard of the Search causing a crash so I'm curious.

Ok, I will start again to use the search function and test it as a debugger (pressing fast many keys, delete, etc)

Honestly I'm loosing a little trust in DF stability, not the game itself but the modded game is starting to crash sometimes.

Also, the names of my savegames are very hard to understand (and also wrong if you look season+year)
 and everytime I save (thing that I don't do often for this reason) I loose 10 minutes to find the right save.
The save thing is because you have auto-backup on in Settings. The search function crash thing is probably because you put in a number. That usually makes it crash for me.

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9557 on: March 03, 2013, 09:20:05 am »

However, I heard that dhHack is coming soon with a new version (2? 3?) so I don't want to disturb you.

I'm sure it will be perfect, it's just a shame I found such a beautiful embark with old version.
Maybe I'm just bad experienced and it's easy to find embarks like this and living beautiful experiences like this ;)

So thank you all for your effort, I'm really in love with this game.

Asva

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9558 on: March 03, 2013, 09:33:54 am »

1) For each version of MDF i have a separate directory or archive (in case I don't plan going back to those any soon). It's named like "MasterworkDF v2g+ (Kobolds)".
2) There I play one fortress at a time. Hence i get: "region1", "region1-aut-223", "region1-spr-228" etc.
3) In case I don't use backups I only load region 1.
4) In case I do need to make bakup I load the latest save, check if everything is alright, kill DF, rename save from backup to "region 1" or any other name, delete anything else from the save folder.
5) I also often clean backups, so my save folder never contains more than 10 saves.
6) After getting new version, I rename the folder from p.1 to something like "MasterworkDF v2g+ (Kobolds) [Big clay/earthenwafe castle with spiral staircase swarming with kobolds]", then I 7z it and put on shelf  ;).

It's definetly effective, because I have zero problems looking for my saves.

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9559 on: March 03, 2013, 09:40:15 am »

So inside the game you have only 1 save ?

That is my problem, I have more saves (yes I checked backup & seasonal save options in MF) and they all have wrong names.

At this point maybe, as you suggest, making manual zips could be better.

I don't abuse of savegames, but sometimes sieges are very hard with MDF, and I just started !!
I had a siege of 10+ frost we-want-toconquer-the-world giants, they was really tough.
Had to reload twice.

Also I still have to configure well my uniforms and equipment, it's very complicated to find the right stuff, too much options and hard menus.

Asva

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9560 on: March 03, 2013, 10:01:28 am »

So inside the game you have only 1 save ?

That is my problem, I have more saves (yes I checked backup & seasonal save options in MF) and they all have wrong names.

At this point maybe, as you suggest, making manual zips could be better.

I don't abuse of savegames, but sometimes sieges are very hard with MDF, and I just started !!
I had a siege of 10+ frost we-want-toconquer-the-world giants, they was really tough.
Had to reload twice.

Also I still have to configure well my uniforms and equipment, it's very complicated to find the right stuff, too much options and hard menus.
Forgot to mention. In case I play two different worlds for the same version of MDF, I zip and rename nicely the save I don't need.
Therefore, for each version/race I have one save, numerous backups of that save, nicely named zips (7z).

Considering frost giants you may want to try: various ammunition, slag bars + dfhacked catapult, exploity minecart traps (with magma maybe), meatshields made from sauropods, exploity superunits.

tomio175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9561 on: March 03, 2013, 10:36:43 am »

Is it me or are relics really good? Dragonscales, (legendary) mithril stuff, steel stuff...
...You're arguing with the GM? Why don't you argue with Jesus about how much Peter liked clams?
Because each player's delicious tears are fuel for the continued torture that is the Warrens of Oric the Awesome.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9562 on: March 03, 2013, 11:05:47 am »

(and also wrong if you look season+year)

it's because if you reload a backupped autosave the filename is region1-spr-293
from that point on the next saved autosave has format "filename-date" = region1-spr-293-sum-293
and the one after that region1-spr-293-aut-293
and so on

the appended date should always be correct, but now there are strings that look like dates as part of the file name.
you can avoid by renaming the backup folder before loading it. 

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9563 on: March 03, 2013, 11:32:54 am »

(and also wrong if you look season+year)

the appended date should always be correct, but now there are strings that look like dates as part of the file name.
you can avoid by renaming the backup folder before loading it.

Well, the right solution should be vanilla DF to save DAYNUMBER - MONTH - YEAR correctly in the savegames,
thing that seems to not happen (to me) or at least it saves only the year. That is not enough to find a save, and also, sometimes is wrong.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9564 on: March 03, 2013, 11:51:34 am »

Maybe you already know this, but just in case.

when you close the game normally and save, it doesn't append anything.  So if you never use autosaves and never reload the filename will always be "region1". 
If you reload an autosave "region1-aut-251", play for more 3 years and then save, the file name will still be the same "region1-aut-251".

ThiefofTime

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9565 on: March 03, 2013, 01:19:28 pm »

I had a baby that kept 'staring at the moon'. I thought they were just weird, but then they turned into a werewolf. The mother didn't drop them, or the other baby, just ran around frightening everyone else in the fort until the military came along.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9566 on: March 03, 2013, 01:24:29 pm »

I start to think that I am the only one who renames his savefolders. Why have region 1, when you can have "Dwarf - Sieged Fort that just opened HFS" or "Kobold - Cave Embark with Bloodsteel Machete" or "Kobold - Test Embark with Ogre".

You can simply rename the folder the saves are in, DF has no problem with that.

@ThiefofTime: Lol ^^ Yeah, that can happen.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9567 on: March 03, 2013, 01:41:57 pm »

i also rename my save folders all the time. i'm quite systematic about it. i give each one a number so i can easily keep track of the order in which they were created, and a short description for what was going on. it's not that hard.
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!

Freitas11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9568 on: March 03, 2013, 01:50:23 pm »

Just a feedback, microline wall has no graphics in the new realease with ironhand's tileset.

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9569 on: March 03, 2013, 02:43:16 pm »

Meph, is there some particular height at wich the gems blood of Amrok's are found ?
I found many tears, but no blood.

In my beautiful Embark I have a problem ... the fist cavern and magma I found are at level -12, so they are 112 levels under my workshops.
It's actually too much for me to make a Screw Pump Stack.

p.s. Lanky Grey Lach are there, maybe I jumped directly to second cavern level ? How can I test that ?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 02:45:37 pm by Nokao »
Pages: 1 ... 636 637 [638] 639 640 ... 749