Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 627 628 [629] 630 631 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1839433 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2f - New Poll.
« Reply #9420 on: February 27, 2013, 11:45:01 am »

Wiki on Ore says this:
Each normal metal ore "stone" produces four bars of refined metal when smelted. Metal ores with two possible metals listed below always produce 4 bars of the first metal, and have a chance of creating 0-4 bars of the second metal as well.
Interesting.  ^^
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9421 on: February 27, 2013, 02:41:19 pm »

Easy enough to test; let's have an intern embark with 64 or 128 pieces of galena and enough coal, and make a histogram of the silver output of each smelting reaction.  I guess it will approach a bell curve.

Er... or turn harder smelting on and use any ore I guess ^^
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 02:43:08 pm by smakemupagus »

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
  • [NEED ALCOHOL TO GET THROUGH THE WORKING DAY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9422 on: February 27, 2013, 02:48:18 pm »

Excuse me Meph, what about this "carp god" thing ?

I lost my only 2 legendary dwarves on that, they was happy and healthy.

Is there something I can do like find and kill a carp avatar or I must just accept this nonesense ?
I like your adds in the game, but they should be related to fantasy, not chaotic entropy.

leafar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9423 on: February 27, 2013, 02:57:13 pm »

..., not chaotic entropy.

its dwarf fortress, chaotic entropy is the main feature ;)

Quote from: the manual

You might be targeted by the Cult of the Carp God. This is very rare, and you will find disturbing messages in your logs. After 6-9 months, the first of your dwarves will be turned into Acolytes of the Carp God, and attack your other dwarves.

To stop the cult you have to find the cult leader. You have two ways for this. You can either buy a ward of armok, or consult the temple of armok for help. Then bring your dwarves for testing into the line of sight of the ward. It will reveal who is the culprit. Once spotted, the Cultleader will react hostile and put up a real fight.

If left unchecked, your fortress will crumble.

This change is optional.
Quote from: LookingForGroup
I bet you would've laughed more if you were on fire.

MAurelius

• Bay Watcher
  • Philosopher King
    • View Profile
    • Marcus Aurelius Let's Play
« Reply #9424 on: February 27, 2013, 03:02:26 pm »

Any way I can mod the bat men to be more aggressive? They just appear on the map edge and mill about. Which is fine for a surface siege as they would be preventing trade, but in this case I can just completely ignore the cavern until they go away since there is nothing down there I need. I have sent squads after them but due to silly DF pathing I get at most 1/3 of my troops and one will invariably attack all by himself while to rest stand around. I don't mind losing dwarves but would prefer not to due to glitchy AI. I'd like them to assault my fortifications.

If I haven't seen troglodites or ant men in 12 years is it safe to assume they don't exist in my world? Underground civs don't show up on embark I don't think, so I couldn't check there.

Hundreds of white tigermen (and women) have fallen to my mighty troops, and yet they keep coming. Which is good. I'm happy to make up for the massacre their stone bridge destroying war dragons unleashed upon my last fort!

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9425 on: February 27, 2013, 03:08:58 pm »

..., not chaotic entropy.

its dwarf fortress, chaotic entropy is the main feature ;)

Quote from: the manual

You might be targeted by the Cult of the Carp God. This is very rare, and you will find disturbing messages in your logs. After 6-9 months, the first of your dwarves will be turned into Acolytes of the Carp God, and attack your other dwarves.

To stop the cult you have to find the cult leader. You have two ways for this. You can either buy a ward of armok, or consult the temple of armok for help. Then bring your dwarves for testing into the line of sight of the ward. It will reveal who is the culprit. Once spotted, the Cultleader will react hostile and put up a real fight.

If left unchecked, your fortress will crumble.

This change is optional.

Well so I was totally wrong, this is a good "quest".

The point is that, without a working quest/mistery system, it's almost impossible without manual to know what to do.
Maybe with the Justice system? Meph have you never interfaced with that ?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9426 on: February 27, 2013, 03:13:01 pm »

@Nokao: I cant mod the justice system, but what is wrong with reading the manual ? ^^ Thats what its for explaining the more complex additions.

@MAurelius: Maybe ? They dont pathfind into your fort ? Maybe I should make them curiousbeasts or buildingsdestroyers, but I dont know how the civ alignement messes with the AI... no idea.

@smakemupagus: True, it is easy to test, but time consuming. ;)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9427 on: February 27, 2013, 03:14:48 pm »

@Nokao: I cant mod the justice system, but what is wrong with reading the manual ? ^^ Thats what its for explaining the more complex additions.

I know, but some popup messages like "only Amrok could help us" or "maybe the temple of Amrok knows...." could be useful with that.

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9428 on: February 27, 2013, 03:42:48 pm »

Still on previous version but I didn't see this being fixed:
Rigid scaleplate works but I can't find it in material list in army screen. Maybe it's just me. But I've found other rigid materials grouped together whereas this one was absent.
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9429 on: February 27, 2013, 04:07:14 pm »

Its fixed in my dev version.

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9430 on: February 27, 2013, 04:11:36 pm »

I asked Amrok for suggestions, but nothing happened ...

Plus, how do I send them to the temple if with "civilian alert borrow" the "ward of amrok" can't use the temple ?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 04:17:50 pm by Nokao »

magos epic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9431 on: February 27, 2013, 04:20:07 pm »

>:( I still get metal wraiths after removing hard mining, oh yeah and I kept getting a no longer playable lock up effect when ever I try to run the good biome premade seed land when I try to alter its settings..is it not able to support that? also I can not seem to find the heavy stone thing needed for the steam magma engine, what workshop is it?

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9432 on: February 27, 2013, 04:26:19 pm »

If the world is generated with them on, they stay in. Right ?

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9433 on: February 27, 2013, 04:34:07 pm »

you guys... read the manual and/or the raws. everything's in there =P
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9434 on: February 27, 2013, 04:58:02 pm »

>:( I still get metal wraiths after removing hard mining, oh yeah and I kept getting a no longer playable lock up effect when ever I try to run the good biome premade seed land when I try to alter its settings..is it not able to support that? also I can not seem to find the heavy stone thing needed for the steam magma engine, what workshop is it?
dafuq did I just read ?

@Nokao: Your dwarves use the temple, not the ward ^^ you need either a ward OR the temple. Just run the reaction a few times, its one of those transformation things that have a random success chance. Still waiting on dfhack r3 to fix that.
Pages: 1 ... 627 628 [629] 630 631 ... 749