Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 621 622 [623] 624 625 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1839334 times)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2f - Bugfix, Graphics and Kobolds (and Linux/Mac OS)
« Reply #9330 on: February 24, 2013, 05:19:16 pm »

It is not particularly harder to add new races to Masterwork than to regular Dwarf Fortress.

As to whether it's "easy" or "hard" on absolute terms depends how much new or unique stuff you plan to include.

Batbuttz0r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9331 on: February 24, 2013, 05:32:43 pm »

ok good, thats all I meant.

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
  • [NEED ALCOHOL TO GET THROUGH THE WORKING DAY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9332 on: February 24, 2013, 06:30:56 pm »

Do the Boozebelly Goat => make the Booze works only if "more food types: YES" ?
Or to have "Domestic Pet: YES" is enough ?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 06:35:05 pm by Nokao »

Thormgrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9333 on: February 24, 2013, 10:53:06 pm »

I asked earlier about the gole molds... how to make an adamantine mechanism.
I still haven't figured that out...

Also, what do you do with the statue of a gargoyles?
I can't figure out how to deploy them...

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9334 on: February 24, 2013, 10:54:47 pm »

I asked earlier about the gole molds... how to make an adamantine mechanism.
I still haven't figured that out...

The same way you do in vanilla?

halox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9335 on: February 24, 2013, 11:30:33 pm »

@meph i can confirm the chitten upgrading issue as well it seems to work most times i've done it howver.. the hiveguards in cavern 1 i'm having the same issue they're being turned into "skin"... was working fine until hiveguards came into play i believe it works with turtle shells/traded chitten etc...

Dant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9336 on: February 25, 2013, 12:05:05 am »

How do I dispose of massive slags? I'm getting full of those, apparently my dwarfs can't move them (dunno really, just don't see them disappearing)
I currently have 3 slag pits and haven't seen massive slags getting disposed.
So, how do I dispose of them?

Thormgrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9337 on: February 25, 2013, 12:53:39 am »

wow, i'm apparently just slow on the uptake about the mechanisms.  thanks...  I never would have ever made an adamantine mechanism in vanilla...

how about the gargoyle statues?  how do i deploy them?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9338 on: February 25, 2013, 01:00:23 am »

reaction "set up a gargoyle" at the spawn point

ShadowLop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9339 on: February 25, 2013, 01:02:20 am »

How do I dispose of massive slags? I'm getting full of those, apparently my dwarfs can't move them (dunno really, just don't see them disappearing)
I currently have 3 slag pits and haven't seen massive slags getting disposed.
So, how do I dispose of them?

Have you actually told the slag pits to dispose of the slag? And are the jobs actually active?

Slag pits have three jobs: one destroys slag, one turns slag and flux into concrete, one turns slag and ash(?) into fertiliser. You need to be running one of these jobs to dispose of slag....though I guess you could use them in construction as well...
Hmm...a trade? Intriguing...No, wait, boring! PULL OFF HIS KNEECAPS!

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9340 on: February 25, 2013, 02:26:17 pm »

The more I play with harder mining, the more I feel that it's way too much.
A rare balrog now and then is a nice touch, really cool idea, but the others are way over the top. Wraiths pop up all the damn time, and while they aren't that challenging (especially if you conscript your miners into a squad of their own, and use their picks with legendary skills), the constant attacks are really-really annoying. Soggoths are interesting as an idea, but right now, they are both lethal, and very bad for FPS.

I know you worked hard for these features, Meph, but I don't think it's working out, this makes the game ridiculously hard, it borders on unplayable.
Sure, if you want the mining dangers to be the 'very hard' mode of the game, mission accomplished, but if you wanted this to be on same level as harder smithing/farming/smelting, it went overboard. A lot.

If it stays the same, I suggest to at least alter its description in the launcher, because that still only mentions coal dust and warpstone. It's much FUN, true, but the rest of the game is so well documented,  this part shouldn't fall behind in my opinion.

Sorry if this sounded like entitled bitching, please take it as honest feedback.
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9341 on: February 25, 2013, 02:32:01 pm »

Or could it be separated in passive/active/both dangers , so warpstone, coal dust and monsters stay, but you can select if you one one, the other both or neither.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9342 on: February 25, 2013, 02:48:46 pm »

I think I will start working on the next update :) I did some random stuff in between, some utilities, soundsense nonsense and working on a tileset, but I little update should be worth it, with everything that was reported in the meantime. :)

@Di: Highborn dwarves shouldnt exist without castes, I added it to my todo list. The descriptions are in relation to their max strength. So if their max strength is 1000, but a normal dwarf is up to 2500... and the highborn has 1000, it will say that he is exeptionally strong, even if he is weak in comparison to normal dwarves.

Finally, small suggestion: how about allowing dwarves to "persuade" humanoid creatures like anubites or still-present animal-persons to stand for dwarven cause?
That cant be done without heavy cheating by dfhack.

@magos epic: You can disable them in the Settings, "Harder Mining". And please, no caps yelling and double posts, that wont help you getting a quicker answer.  ;)

@jaxy15:
What's up with the breath of Armok stones? Why the hell is it so entertaining to watch a miner zoom around and tear through rocks like wet paper?
The answer is: Because. ;) I thought they would be a nice surprise for people that mine a lot. :) No real reason behind them.

@Nokao: Thank you. Metal clothing can be removed by modding the item_xyz.txt files, its quite easy. Just check the wiki for armor token. If you break anything in the end, thats up to you. But shouldnt be a big problem, its an easy thing to do.

Boozebelly goats work even without the new food types. New food is actually just for prepared meals, only naming. No gameplay changes.

@Batbuttz0r: Same as always. No changes to adding a race to vanilla DF. But mind that both Orcs and Kobolds are actually a lot of work, because they have their own buildings, reaction, castes, feel... its not just adding another entity. But if you are up for it, do another race and if it ends up being high quality and good fun, I will add it to the main mod. :)

@Thormgrim: All creatures are spawned in the "spawn location", its the very last workshop. Currently its buggy as f*ck though, I have to wait for dfhack r3.

@halox: Thank you for the confirmation, I added it to my todo list.

@Dant: Massive slag should be accepted by the slagpit just like slag bars. Its just heavier thats it. Maybe dwarves priorize the slag bars?

@Ishar: No problem, I take feedback very serious. I thought about removing rockwraiths all together, and leaving metalwraiths in specific metals. For example mining iron is ok, but if you want to take away silver/gold the spirits of the mountain defend themselves. Topic "greedy dwarves" ;)  I would love to limit them by depths, for example start with wraiths at lvl50 and the deeper you go that more you hit, but I cant do this... I noticed myself that the most mining is done at the very start, which of course makes no sense, because your starting 7 would meet the most wraiths...
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

blu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9343 on: February 25, 2013, 03:19:13 pm »

Has anyone else had trouble modifying the options. I've been trying to turn off several of the misc. options. They always remain on regardless of what I have them set on. I have saved them through the Masterwork setup program and I have recreated multiple worlds and fortresses.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9344 on: February 25, 2013, 03:26:34 pm »

I just tested all of the misc settings... grazing button reports ON, even if it is set to OFF (ingame its still off) and the soapmaker button does not do anything, because I deleted the batch soap bars reactions... I want to add mineral oil soap, so thats WIP.

More tests:
Whoever said that animalman/giant creature button does not work/change the raws (di?)... is wrong. It does change YESPERSON[CV_ADD_TAG:DOES_NOT_EXIST]
YESPERSON[CV_ADD_TAG:FANCIFUL] in c_variation_default.txt. Works.

Massive slag is destroyed. That one works as well.

Edit2: Wool works as well... 2 people reported that they cant spin thread or something, but everything works. I sheard lambs and slaughtered cows, spun the thread to yarn, and used wool yarn to make cloth... that works.

Chitin and Shell upgrade is bugged, it does give "skin". Working on a fix atm.
EDIT: FIXED. Instead of chitin_template_heavy it used chitin_heavy in one file... ^^ simple error. All good now.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 04:15:20 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 ... 621 622 [623] 624 625 ... 749