Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 620 621 [622] 623 624 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1839295 times)

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2f - Bugfix, Graphics and Kobolds (and Linux/Mac OS)
« Reply #9315 on: February 24, 2013, 12:23:05 pm »

I've just started a new game that seems to have no plump helmets - not only are they not available on embark or from caravans, they don't even appear in the seed planting menu as a possibility.  This is my first time using the super-hard-farming option, is this part of that?

Arumba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Masterwork Guide/Videos
« Reply #9316 on: February 24, 2013, 12:24:48 pm »

I've just started a new game that seems to have no plump helmets - not only are they not available on embark or from caravans, they don't even appear in the seed planting menu as a possibility.  This is my first time using the super-hard-farming option, is this part of that?

No, its not.  Did you generate a world using advanced parameters?  The instructions require you to use one of those pre-genned templates for this mod.  The first time I played was on a normally generated map for a few years, didn't ever see any ambushes or invasions, and its because it doesn't work well without the pre-genned templates.

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9317 on: February 24, 2013, 12:50:17 pm »

No, its not.  Did you generate a world using advanced parameters?  The instructions require you to use one of those pre-genned templates for this mod.  The first time I played was on a normally generated map for a few years, didn't ever see any ambushes or invasions, and its because it doesn't work well without the pre-genned templates.

When did the requirement for using the pre-gen templates come in?  I've been playing the MW mod since day one (I've just downloaded 2f)  and never had any trouble using advanced world gen.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9318 on: February 24, 2013, 12:58:43 pm »

regular world gens work fine for me

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9319 on: February 24, 2013, 02:04:48 pm »

There is no requirement for using the pre-gen templates. I simply a recommend NOT using the standard worldgen (the one with the 5 settings from very low - very high) If you use the adv. worldgen thats fine, you can tune it however you like. :)

Plump helmets are not available if the first cavern has no water. That happens in vanilla as well. Nothing new here.

@sotrans: I will have a look at the scale/chitin thing... do you now which animal yours come from?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9320 on: February 24, 2013, 02:38:48 pm »

Hey there.
When playing with castes disabled I still get quite a bunch of highborn dwarves (7 of 21 total). Though I can't say what makes them appear by looking in raws.
Also, they have positive physical traits in description. Every one of them despite the caste being not suitable for manual labour. Are they considered strong and inexhaustible by standards of their caste or in comparison with normal dwarves?
Disabling giant- and person- creature variations via settings.exe has no effect on raws. (I did save settings and check raws in the root directory of the game)
Also, praying for booze at shrine gave me plump helmet none.

Finally, small suggestion: how about allowing dwarves to "persuade" humanoid creatures like anubites or still-present animal-persons to stand for dwarven cause?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 03:41:10 pm by Di »
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

magos epic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9321 on: February 24, 2013, 03:45:36 pm »

JESUS FUCKING DWARF CHRIST I HATE THE GODDAMN METAL WRAITHS!!!!!!!!!!! How do you avoid waking these fucks up and where in the manual or wiki can info about them be found.

magos epic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9322 on: February 24, 2013, 03:49:48 pm »

how did you cope with them in the end? I have started 4 forts since I got this mod, lost all my dwarfs to metal wraiths...........feels bad man

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #9323 on: February 24, 2013, 04:12:29 pm »

What's up with the breath of Armok stones? Why the hell is it so entertaining to watch a miner zoom around and tear through rocks like wet paper?
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9324 on: February 24, 2013, 04:15:31 pm »

@magos epic - i create a separate shaft for resource mining out near the front of my fort, on the other side of my military etc. i may lose a miner or two but that way they don't pop up inside my fortress at least!
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
  • [NEED ALCOHOL TO GET THROUGH THE WORKING DAY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9325 on: February 24, 2013, 04:21:46 pm »

What's up with the breath of Armok stones? Why the hell is it so entertaining to watch a miner zoom around and tear through rocks like wet paper?

It's !FUN!

@Meph, your MOD is great and the new HTML manual is beautiful !
Why did you remove the link to this manual inside the launcher ?

I'm searching for an explanation about metal clothing, because I would like to remove items I will never use.
But if I do that, will I screw up new monsters and races ?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9326 on: February 24, 2013, 04:51:00 pm »

I HATE THE METAL WRAITHS!!!!!!!!!!! How do you avoid

turn off Harder Mining

Batbuttz0r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9327 on: February 24, 2013, 04:56:18 pm »

How can I mod in my own playable races? 3 doesn't cut it for me.

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
  • [NEED ALCOHOL TO GET THROUGH THE WORKING DAY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9328 on: February 24, 2013, 05:04:13 pm »

How can I mod in my own playable races? 3 doesn't cut it for me.

I think Meph is already having a hard time to make well the new 2 ;)

It's nice how much people prefer to create than to improve

p.s. i'm like this also

Batbuttz0r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9329 on: February 24, 2013, 05:11:30 pm »

I mean, I know how, just not sure if this giant mod will support the addition of my own without much issue. Is it as simple as adding my own race using examples already there? Or are there some limitations built into this mod that will give me some crazy amount of problems?
Pages: 1 ... 620 621 [622] 623 624 ... 749