Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 618 619 [620] 621 622 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1839277 times)

Arumba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Masterwork Guide/Videos
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2f - Bugfix, Graphics and Kobolds (and Linux/Mac OS)
« Reply #9285 on: February 23, 2013, 01:26:56 am »

Hello Meph, came to say thanks for such an awesome mod and provide some feedback. I love everything I've seen so far with one glaring exception: night mares/night stallions, especially in thoroughly wooded areas. They an fly And shoot fireballs that raze an entire forest to the ground, destroying much of my livestock and any souls who were unfortunate enough to be fishing or hunting at the time? It seems a bit OP, I'd consider some kind of balance, such as reducing the size of the groups they spawn in (such as 2-4 instead of the 7-9 I've been getting), making it so they can only shoot fire when on the ground or removing their ability to fly.

Also, some of the new workshops seem to be quite glitchy when it comes to detecting available materials for reactions. I have yet to be able to sacrifice demon symbols or the equivalent witch item (can't remember he name) despite having several in my stockpile, my gunsmith won't detect that I have steel, and my storage unit is refusing to unbox a number of crates I purchased from caravans. I can upload a save if necessary.

Check your burrows, there are no issues that I have encountered with those buildings.  You probably have burrows (whether active or not) that are messing with the game's material search areas.  Every time I see this issue its almost always related to burrows. 

Purgatory

• Bay Watcher
  • Many Questions Asked
    • View Profile
« Reply #9286 on: February 23, 2013, 01:32:38 am »

Meph, I have come to suggest extracting poison from pets like snakes or spiders(?). If that's not possible maybe getting poison from killing them etc. That way one could get a larger variety of poison farms and more options for their military. Also something useful for this pointlessly large assortment of snakes.
Signature Is Here.

leafar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9287 on: February 23, 2013, 05:45:23 am »

i think this covers your suggestion:
If you add [MILKABLE:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:POISON:20000] to all creatures with [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:POISON:CREATURE_EXTRACT_TEMPLATE] then you can just milk it from them. The dwarf will just take the animal and a bucket, produces a bucket full of poison. No worries, dwarves wont drink it... it can be used like any other poison in reactions to cover weapons, ammo or traps.

I tested this and it works with the toxicist, so I guess thenext version of the mod will allow you to farm snakes, giant spiders, giant scorpions and so forth for their venoms/poisons.
Quote from: LookingForGroup
I bet you would've laughed more if you were on fire.

Baijiu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9288 on: February 23, 2013, 07:35:40 am »

I embarked in a serene biome and now most who die come back to life eventually. Even dead babies which wander about. Will mothers recognise previously dead babies and take care of them again? Otherwise I see this baby dying and resurrecting until he becomes an child and can feed himself...

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9289 on: February 23, 2013, 08:03:32 am »

Kill them with fire! Haven't you seen pet sematary?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 11:07:14 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Nice Save

• Bay Watcher
  • Suddenly:
    • View Profile
« Reply #9290 on: February 23, 2013, 08:48:41 am »

How do you tell your marksdwarves to use rocktip and gemtip bolts these days? I remember they used to be a separate class of ammo, but I can't see one any more.

Anyone? Please, I have over 1500 stone bolts right now.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9291 on: February 23, 2013, 09:06:42 am »

Nice Save: Sorry, must have overlooked your question before. Gemtip and Rocktip arrows/bolts are used just like any wooden, copper, silver, steel, whatever arrows/bolts. Anyone that has bolts assigned should use those automatically. You can limit it by material if you wish, which should be "material => metal => gemtip/rocktip". I had to use metals otherwise stockpiles wont accept it.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

MightyDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9292 on: February 23, 2013, 09:52:03 am »

A griffon attacked me, I killed and butchered it at the slaughterhouse. It gives me a platinum soul and a talon. I know the way to utilize the platinum soul, but I have no idea of the talon's utility, since it doesn't show up in the "specific weapon" screen ? Is it merely something I can trade ?

Nice Save

• Bay Watcher
  • Suddenly:
    • View Profile
« Reply #9293 on: February 23, 2013, 09:54:48 am »

OK, I've found them in the stockpile menu, but they don't show up in the ammunition section of the squad screen. Is there any way to use my stone bolts for training without using all my other metal ones?

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
  • [NEED ALCOHOL TO GET THROUGH THE WORKING DAY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9294 on: February 23, 2013, 05:09:25 pm »

Using Masterwork 2F.

Do someone knows why Plot Farms in Winter have 4 options when outdoor and 9 when indoor ? This have no sense ...
And apart from Winter, indoor+outdoor seems equal. Why ?

Wich is the state of MW 2F ? is it playble or it's better to stick with 1.9X ?

P.S.
I played Masterwork 1.9X before 2, and I'm actually missing something.
For example, I tryed to play Orcs and I get some errors with the "(Orcs) trial embark", like:
no toothed copper axes avaiable
no wolf avaiable
no drowspider avaiable

Arumba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Masterwork Guide/Videos
« Reply #9295 on: February 23, 2013, 05:23:22 pm »

You cannot plant outdoor crops in winter because its cold out... you can plant anything year round underground because its not affected by outdoor temperature.  That's what makes logical sense to me anyway...

The game is highly playable in current version.  Its addicting.

halox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9296 on: February 23, 2013, 05:46:29 pm »

i can't find any stats on bifrost in the charts etc/ what weapons is it best to make with? IE. silver is best for maces, adamantium swords etc..

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
  • [NEED ALCOHOL TO GET THROUGH THE WORKING DAY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9297 on: February 23, 2013, 05:47:17 pm »

Thank you for the answers. Yes I know the "addicting" part. BUT I CAN STOP WHEN I WANT !!!

I explained myself bad, I try to repeat: why Plot Farms, in Winter have 4 options OUTDOOR, and have 9 INDOOR (winter) ?
Seems a bug to me.

Also, I made a test game to test underground farming when light cames from the surface (channelling), it worked.
But after I covered the channels-holes with wooden floor, and the flags are still Indoor+LIGHT.
Is this another bug ? It's base DF bug or MF related ? MagmaWiki speaks differently.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9298 on: February 23, 2013, 06:06:02 pm »

I played Masterwork 1.9X before 2, and I'm actually missing something.
For example, I tryed to play Orcs and I get some errors with the "(Orcs) trial embark", like:
no toothed copper axes avaiable

No toothed axes means your civ isn't actually Orcs, i.e. you had Dwarves or Kobolds selected when you created the world. 

Do someone knows why Plot Farms in Winter have 4 options when outdoor and 9 when indoor ? This have no sense ...

I'm not sure I understand this question ... Do you know that most crops can only grow indoors or outdoors but not both, and that crops have different growing seasons?  This is a feature of almost all versions of DF including vanilla. ... (edit) in Masterwork Meph decided that underground crops can grow year-round, it is an intended feature I think.

But after I covered the channels-holes with wooden floor, and the flags are still Indoor+LIGHT.
Is this another bug ? It's base DF bug or MF related ? MagmaWiki speaks differently.

Base DF behavior, Magmawiki describes it accurately.
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2012:Tile_attributes
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 06:13:44 pm by smakemupagus »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9299 on: February 23, 2013, 06:41:48 pm »

Yeah, I am a bit confused about the farming question as well. Plants are either indoor or outdoor plants... for example berries need sun (outdoor) but mushrooms can grow in the dark (indoor). Also, the temperature in DF fluctuates outside, but is stable inside. In real life you cant grow stuff outside in winter, but its no problem to grow plants indoors in greenhouses. I added this to the mod, outdoor plants dont grow in winter. Indoor plants grow all year round. No bugs anywhere.

About the missing orc items: You need to gen a new world if you change the race you want to play.

As smakemupagus said, light/indoor tiles are vanilla DF behavior. Some people might consider it a bug, other a feature (for example glass roofs for actual greenhouses ;) ) but its normal DF, not the mod.

For your info: from 1.9 to 2f this mod has seen 7 updates, so yes, it is playable. ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 ... 618 619 [620] 621 622 ... 749