Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 614 615 [616] 617 618 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1839216 times)

JodGap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2f - Bugfix, Graphics and Kobolds (and Linux/Mac OS)
« Reply #9225 on: February 19, 2013, 03:15:48 pm »

6 Troglodytes gangraped my 2 mature Dragons... WTF
I tought DF Dragons would be harder to kill, breathe fire... you know.
Is this the usual behaviour?

Arumba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Masterwork Guide/Videos
« Reply #9226 on: February 19, 2013, 03:56:18 pm »

Shadowleaf bushes are showing up on the underground farm plot selection list, yet they are never planted.  They also show up on the above ground farm plots, where they *are* planted.  A bug perhaps?

Thormgrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9227 on: February 19, 2013, 04:55:01 pm »

I have to admit, I find the "snowing rock" thing to be frustrating, too.
Not just because the Dwarves get a bad thought, but actually because it winds up destroying the landscape.  Most of my Joyous Wilds is now covered in rock and doesn't seem to grow anything.  Which defeats half of the purpose of embarking there (for the trees and plants).

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9228 on: February 19, 2013, 05:32:57 pm »

Hey Smake I had the option in my researcher to use a soul container (not make - use) and I guess it was from fractions because I didn't kill any megas but I don't remember putting any together (do war dragons used as mounts count as dragon megabeasts?).
I've found platinum souls from studying relics etc in the Archaeologists Lab so you could have got them there. You do need to restrict the Research Study to a specific dwarf as you say, each soul is consumed on use. If you use Therapist you should be able to find the dwarf with the legendary skill if you can remember what type you chose.

I didn't get any megabeasts in my last fort which lasted 3 or 4 years, maybe there's just not a time for them to arrive with all the sieges? The world was only around 80 years old so they hopefully hadn't all died out.

Arumba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9229 on: February 19, 2013, 05:59:33 pm »

I was reading the raws because I couldn't find "Efficiently make steel bars" anywhere in the crucible despite all my attempts, and it seems like it isn't included in the current release?

Heres what I found: for brass bars, it says this:

[REACTION:BRONZE_MAKING_CRUCIBLE]
[NAME:efficiently make bronze bars(3)]
[BUILDING:CRUCIBLE:CUSTOM_B][BUILDING:MAGMA_CRUCIBLE:CUSTOM_B]
[REAGENT:A:150:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:TIN]
[REAGENT:B:150:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:COPPER]
[PRODUCT:100:3:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:BRONZE][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[PRODUCT:15:1:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:BRONZE][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
   YESSLAGPIT[PRODUCT:100:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_SLAG:INORGANIC:SLAG]
[FUEL]
[SKILL:SMELT]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
For Steel it says this:

[REACTION:STEEL_MAKING_CRUCIBLE]
[NAME:efficiently make steel bars(3)]

[REAGENT:A:150:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:IRON]
[REAGENT:B:150:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:PIG_IRON]
[REAGENT:C:1:BOULDER:NO_SUBTYPE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:FLUX]
[REAGENT:D:150:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:COAL:NO_MATGLOSS]
[PRODUCT:100:3:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:STEEL][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[PRODUCT:15:1:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:STEEL][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
   YESSLAGPIT[PRODUCT:100:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_SLAG:INORGANIC:SLAG]
[FUEL]
[SKILL:SMELT]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Notice how it doesn't have the building mentioned under steel?  I think thats missing?

Edit:  So I experimented a bit and figured it out.  Simply add
[BUILDING:CRUCIBLE:CUSTOM_D][BUILDING:MAGMA_CRUCIBLE:CUSTOM_D]
in the missing space, I used "Custom_D" because that apparently sets the hotkey to D and that one didn't appear to be taken.  Had to generate a new world to see the effect. 

Also, if I am understanding the raws properly, it says "// makes 1 bar more, and 50% chance for one additional bar on top of that." for both bronze and steel, yet the raws say
[PRODUCT:100:3:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:STEEL][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[PRODUCT:15:1:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:STEEL][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
Which I am now understanding to mean "100% chance to make 3 bars of steel, 15% chance to make 1 bar of steel."  It should either be corrected to say 15% extra chance, or there is a typo and should be updated to [PRODUCT:50:1:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:STEEL][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]

Sorry for poking around in your raws meph :(

Arumba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9230 on: February 19, 2013, 07:06:34 pm »

Why are bone studs worth 20 each?  Masterwork ones sell for 240, and you can make them from rats?  I don't get it.

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9231 on: February 19, 2013, 07:39:03 pm »

Arumba - it's a known bug. You totally figured it out though! =D I'm sure meph will fix it next release. Also, I agree that bone studs are too expensive. They make great tradegoods, which doesn't make sense.

Thormgrim/JodGap - I turn off the special weathers and regional interactions, and think they should be off by default. They don't make sense and are too weird.

fasquardon - I agree about the meat economy being too expensive! The only tradegoods I really need to produce now are masterwork lavish meals, because I can routinely sell stacks for >100k. I also produce some gold gem-decorated crafts, just for the sake of realism, although I don't really need to. That makes me feel a little better about the plausibility of it =P
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9232 on: February 19, 2013, 07:49:23 pm »

I also got the hang of farming this game, though I had such a great herd of beasts, that I never really needed the farms.  My fort was well fed on fish, meat and boozebelly rum.  I wonder if it would help reduce the power of the meat economy if all the animals were made smaller (so less fat and meat chunks when you killed them).  Or alternatively, pet prices were raised across the board, meaning less could be bought at embark or traded for.  Then again, more expensive pets means you can get more out of selling off your spare lambs...

I would suggest to implement new GRAZER values, not as crazy/punishing as vanilla, but enough that you need to put aside some pasture land if you want a huge herd.  In OF I use 2000 (needs about 12 tiles) for Aurochs and 1000 (needs about 25 tiles) for Mumakil. 

edit:  Actually, never mind, it looks like with GRAZER on you should require 3000 (9 tiles) for most domestic animals, which seems reasonable.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 07:58:25 pm by smakemupagus »

Arumba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9233 on: February 19, 2013, 09:25:38 pm »

Is there some sort of a reactions repository somewhere I can look at or download?  Ideally in xls or csv format..  My issue is that when I don't have the materials I need (like in the early game) I can try to make an item, and it will tell me what the components are.  Later on, when I have stuff, most things just are available to me, but I really can't recall how much it takes.  I have a terrible time remembering the ore reactions, and even knowing exactly why the library system has gone fubar or why I am not making potash from my slag pits anymore (needs lye apparently..).   

I want some way to just look at the reactions directly.  I can see a lot of them in the raws and am considering making my own spreadsheet of reactions, but before I do that I figured it would be prudent to ask.  Also, where are all the vanilla reactions hidden?  Like "Make bed" and "Construct _Blank_"?  Some of those would be wonderful to edit.  I hate how its not consistent with some of the language. 

halox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9234 on: February 19, 2013, 09:36:01 pm »

what stockpile can you use to stockpile your extracted blood - which gets put into blood pots.. trying to seperate them so that they dont get used in cooking and sacrificial purposes only :D!!!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9235 on: February 19, 2013, 09:38:40 pm »

what stockpile can you use to stockpile your extracted blood - which gets put into blood pots.. trying to seperate them so that they dont get used in cooking and sacrificial purposes only :D!!!

Z-->Kitchen to set things off of cooking.

halox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9236 on: February 19, 2013, 10:08:09 pm »

is it possible to stockpile it? it just stays inside my kitchen.. just so i can relocated it to church/etc

fasquardon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9237 on: February 19, 2013, 10:19:17 pm »

I would suggest to implement new GRAZER values, not as crazy/punishing as vanilla, but enough that you need to put aside some pasture land if you want a huge herd.  In OF I use 2000 (needs about 12 tiles) for Aurochs and 1000 (needs about 25 tiles) for Mumakil. 

edit:  Actually, never mind, it looks like with GRAZER on you should require 3000 (9 tiles) for most domestic animals, which seems reasonable.

Higher grazer values would make the plant-eaters a less economical meat source - but alot of my meat I was getting by slaughtering excess male carnivores.

Would you like some pepper on your direwolf soup sir?

So that was why I was trying to think of ways that would affect all butcherable animals.

fasquardon

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9238 on: February 19, 2013, 10:42:30 pm »

Aha, I see, that makes sense.  But, making them smaller would make them much weaker in combat too. 

If you're playing Orcs and getting the majority of your meat from livestock, you aren't attracting big enough sieges ;)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #9239 on: February 19, 2013, 10:44:25 pm »

Aha, I see, that makes sense.  But, making them smaller would make them much weaker in combat too. 

If you're playing Orcs and getting the majority of your meat from livestock, you aren't attracting big enough sieges ;)

Lol just to comment on this "WAR HARDER!"

and something to contribute to this thread, I will be attempting to get some aspects of Adv. Mode made up, currently working on a framework.
Pages: 1 ... 614 615 [616] 617 618 ... 749