Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 612 613 [614] 615 616 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1839200 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2f - Bugfix, Graphics and Kobolds (and Linux/Mac OS)
« Reply #9195 on: February 17, 2013, 05:04:55 am »

@Purgatory: Dont know why your plants dont grow... did you gen a new world after you turned harder farming off ?

@Ishar: In theory its possible to kill them all at the same time, but I only ever managed it with hellfire-turrets. I could give them an interaction that triggers 1-2 months after they spawn, that instakills them, no problem. That would help avoid FPS death through 10000 soggoths as well. Good idea. :)

So yeah, I will reconsider the wraiths. They are only in since one update, so no major balancing done on them.

@Thormgrim: The healing spam shouldnt be too much, how often does it occur? And like putnam said, dwarves cant speed into walls...
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9196 on: February 17, 2013, 06:15:51 am »

Is it just me or do plants not grow? I've turned off Harder Farming and it still takes forever for cave wheat to grow. I've grown it on sand, soil and clay but they still don't grow :(. I'm playing Orc Fortress mode and I can't get past winter (where the water freezes) I also keep forgetting to make cisterns lol.

Are you using the up to date version of Orc Fortress?

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9197 on: February 17, 2013, 06:28:35 am »

"hurts himself"
I'm not really sure what is going on.  I noticed that sometimes when the healer guy gives a burst of speed to somebody, they suddenly have to stop what they're doing and go to the hospital.

I saw the same sort of thing when I was messing around with Fastdwarf 1 1 in DFHack.  Teleporting dwarves seem to go so fast they smash themselves into the walls or something.
Sounds more like they are affected by a syndrome from something like FB blood that is being spread about.

Also I did something dumb after not reading the manual properly. I grew Nether Creepers and turned them in to wine, thinking the description said no-sickness when in fact it said sickness. So I was getting spammed with cancel jobs:going to hospital, where they would just get up and leave after a few minutes as they were just drowsy, a bit like the weak warpstone, or tanning, cooking etc bad reactions. At least that's what I think was the cause, I dumped out all the booze and the messages have now stopped. DF Hack clean map commands didn't stop it so I don't think it was blood being spread around. So if you have Nether Grour booze get rid of it and see if that fixes the problem.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9198 on: February 17, 2013, 09:14:34 am »

I accidentally removed a file the last Mac download I posted that is need to use "Settings.exe" when I removed the widows utilities.
You can a fixed download here.

I see that. I am also having trouble running DFhack.
I don't know why dfhack would not work, I changed nothing to do with that part.
You should be starting it with the "dfhack" script in the "Dwarf Fortress" directory, is that what you are doing?
If you are do you have anything in your "stderr.log", "stdout.log", or "errorlog.txt" files?

What version of OS X are you using?
It matters from what I have seen in the dfhack thread.
First: what version of OS X are you running? Some changes need to be made to the dfhack script before it is possible to run it on versions prior to 10.7 (and even then I don't guarantee that they'll work).

Second: If you're running 10.7 or newer, please open up the Terminal, type "cd " (that's a space after cd), then drag the folder containing the dfhack script into the Terminal window and press Enter. Then type "./dfhack" and press Enter. What, exactly, does it say?

Arclance, managed to get hack up and running and all. Wasn't that hard, just used the terminal, settings.exe is not working for me though.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9199 on: February 17, 2013, 11:05:28 am »

Arclance, managed to get hack up and running and all. Wasn't that hard, just used the terminal, settings.exe is not working for me though.
To use settings.exe you need to install WINE and then install the windows verison of Mono in WINE.
Then run settings.exe with WINE and it may work, I can't be sure since I don't have a Mac to try it on.
You may need to open a terminal to the folder containing "settings.exe" and start it from that terminal to make the current working directory correct so it can find the "Dwarf Fortress" directory.
If you have to do this depends on how your file manager runs things with WINE.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 07:46:22 pm by arclance »
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9200 on: February 17, 2013, 11:16:35 am »

Is it just me or do plants not grow? I've turned off Harder Farming and it still takes forever for cave wheat to grow. I've grown it on sand, soil and clay but they still don't grow :(. I'm playing Orc Fortress mode and I can't get past winter (where the water freezes) I also keep forgetting to make cisterns lol.

My best guess is that you didn't generate a new world after turning off Harder Farming.  With Harder Farming on, underground crops take a full year to grow.

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9201 on: February 17, 2013, 04:05:58 pm »

So I found a new way to use the soggoth thing to my advantage. This was already an option to certain degree with zombies in undead biomes, but this way it's taken to absurd lengths: put them in a moat or pit. Since they are practically immortal, they take out ANYTHING, given enough time. They hurt FPS badly though.
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

mavj96

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9202 on: February 17, 2013, 10:00:54 pm »

Searched for an answer but it seems no one has asked this specific queston.

I have my dwarf squad set to use 400 javs, they have quivers, they have jav throwers, what is the problem?

They aren't equipping them.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9203 on: February 17, 2013, 11:39:24 pm »

are they actually assigned on the squad ammo screen and just not picking up?  do you have *only* javelins equiped?  do you have any ammo assigned for training only, which tends to screw up?

there are actually at least 5 different types of ammo with "javelin" in the name, did you allow one but craft another?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

mavj96

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9204 on: February 17, 2013, 11:41:40 pm »

So I have to assign all of those?

Arumba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Masterwork Guide/Videos
« Reply #9205 on: February 17, 2013, 11:44:30 pm »

Where I've had issues is when you leave any other types of ammo assigned, like bolts or something.  They pick up the wrong ammo and can't drop it or use it.  They are a bit stupid.

mavj96

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9206 on: February 17, 2013, 11:53:52 pm »

Ty pagus

ShadowLop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9207 on: February 18, 2013, 01:13:57 am »

For the life of me... where do bone studs fall in the stockpile categories?  I cannot find it anywhere, I'm tired of the monkeys stealing them all.  They just sit in the tanner's shop!

I figured out that they are tools, but there is no way to stockpile ONLY bone studs and not any other tools. There is only a generic "tools" option in the finished goods stockpile.
Hmm...a trade? Intriguing...No, wait, boring! PULL OFF HIS KNEECAPS!

halox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9208 on: February 18, 2013, 01:25:22 am »

speaking of bone studs..

do you guys find yourselves using the upgraded leather process to outfit your archers in lamellar? at least until mithril/adamantium come into play? does the decreased weight compared to steel actually make a difference?

also as far as the scriptorium is concerned - when training your soldiers what're the best methods? IE> train one soldier to max his weapon/shield/dodge then max out his teaching so he can train other soldiers and keep him as a fully trained maxed teaching instructor etc? what're your guys' processess?

Yisin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Worldgen CTD bug report
« Reply #9209 on: February 18, 2013, 01:52:24 am »

I am getting the worldgen CTD on one of my computers. The bug seems to happen for me when placed civ sites get over 1600. If the placed civ sites gets over 1600 DF will CTD without fail. My comp specs are,
 16Gigs Quad channel ddr3 ram,
 a i7-3930K running at 4.2 ghz overclock,
 2x evga GTX 680 FTW+ 4Gig(factory overclock),
 256 gig Corsair GTX sata3 (system drive),
2TB WesternDigital Caviar black 7200rpm HD(storage drive),
ASUS X79 Sabertooth TUF edition Motherboard.
This error does not however occur on my old comp which i have tested at double the civ site rate and not had any problems. The specs for this comp are:
6 gigs tri-channel ddr3 ram,
a I7 920 processor (running stock clock),
1Tb WesternDigital Caviar black 7200 rpm HD,
Evga GTX 285 SSC 1GB.
I am testing a 6000 civ max  world on the old comp now to see if i can break it. I hope this helps to track down the bug since its annoying to only be able to gen world with 225 yrs or less of history.   
Pages: 1 ... 612 613 [614] 615 616 ... 749