Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 608 609 [610] 611 612 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1839159 times)

mavj96

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2f - Bugfix, Graphics and Kobolds (and Linux/Mac OS)
« Reply #9135 on: February 13, 2013, 12:06:20 am »

I've got a weird bug, I'm not sure if it's DF related or if it's Masterwork,
http://imgur.com/6nw9asJ,PPWvQG1

one of my engineers triggered his own cave trap and (presumably) has starved to death inside the cage.

Not really a bug, maybe an oversight.

As is I think if any unit dodges (including your own units) it has the potential to activate a trap on the tile it lands on.

Illiniath

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9136 on: February 13, 2013, 12:11:42 am »

Well, I want to either try to release him or perhaps use him for my own legen of grimrock-esc prisoner disposal.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9137 on: February 13, 2013, 01:38:18 am »

Vanilla. Falling asleep on a trap will trigger it.

Purgatory

• Bay Watcher
  • Many Questions Asked
    • View Profile
« Reply #9138 on: February 13, 2013, 02:37:20 am »

Hello, quick question, how does one put items in the display stand?
I wish to know too.
And in Adventurer Mode, I always encounter beak-dogs (the only enemy I've been ambushed by so far) , which are somewhat hard to kill as a single person. Also Fortresses are almost always abandoned and filled with deadly animals (walked in on a few Xen Infectors once and died almost instantly) so much harder to get companions :(.
Signature Is Here.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Really love this mod!
« Reply #9139 on: February 13, 2013, 04:56:54 am »

I just want to say thank you for doing so much work on this, it's my favorite DF mod so far.  I did happen to change the race files a bit, so that everyone built actual towns, cities, fortresses and tombs. (Those frog-men reproduce like CRAZY.) I often gen longer histories and there'll be frogmen hamlets and towns just COVERING some oceans, which is pretty cool. I also increased orcish banditry to 90% because I see orcs as basically nomadic with hamlets used as the locations of the spawning pits, but other than that, no changes. With dwarves actually building stuff during world-gen, dwarf-sized armor and weapons are easier to acquire too, which is a big bonus during adventure mode.

I'm currently starting an experiment using this mod (plus my small changes) as a succession adventurer/fort community game. 

So to sum up: Meph, you totally rock, dude!
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9140 on: February 13, 2013, 08:09:54 am »

Hello, quick question, how does one put items in the display stand?
I wish to know too.
I haven't made one in a while but you just place one as you would place any workshop, then choose the items that it is constructed out of. One will be the glass box, one will be a block (can't remember the materials needed off the top of my head), and one will be from a list of every single item in your fortress! You will need to find the item you want to place in that list, remember you can press x to expand the list and find a specific item. Ie if you want to place your artifact marble mug, but have a bunch of other marble mugs, that's how you choose the artifact from the list.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9141 on: February 13, 2013, 09:55:37 am »

>> one will be from a list of every single item in your fortress! You will need to find the item you want to place in that list,

Another small tip, that list is sorted by distance.  If you can put a stockpile nearby that contains the item you want to display ,  it will be much easier to find.

Tenth Speed Writer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9142 on: February 13, 2013, 11:55:37 am »

As a civil engineer let me say that it is FREAKIN' SWEET that you can make concrete from slag (although producing a quality product from such is kind of an art.)

IRL, it is entirely possible to use different grades of ground slag in concrete. It can be ground into various grades of aggregate, and certain forms of blast furnace slag can be powered and used as a pozzolan cement. (Concrete is the finished material; cement is the substance which bonds it together.) Certain grades of ash (especially coal fly ash) can be used in the same way as powdered slag, as well as a few natural materials. The trick is, pozzolans are a special case of cement: they require some measure of hydroxide (OH-) in the same solution to react. (Ordinary Portland Cement, which we most commonly use in the real world, produces a certain amount of OH- when it reacts; mixing coal fly ash with concrete is a common practice in the US)

If I were to contribute (which I'm not really, but it's a thought) I would modify the process just a bit:

*Require a quern (or millstone) and a few buckets in the construction of the Slag Pit
*Split the reaction into three recipes: slag alone (low yield), slag and ash (moderate yield), or slag and lye (multiple slag used, very high yield per slag.

At any rate, this mod is pretty effing sweet, and I'm enjoying the hell out of it so far. Good work, y'all.
Quote from: Pickled Tink
I don't believe in a standing army. I believe in cruel and unusual architecture.

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9143 on: February 13, 2013, 12:05:16 pm »

Cant we just use slag like boulders in terms of catapult usage? Slag-minigun, Slag-shotguns, all totally doable! :D

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9144 on: February 13, 2013, 12:27:56 pm »

@Firehawk45: This is not Borderlands 2

@Tenth Speed Writer: Thanks :) I actually like that idea a lot... while I cant simulate flyash, I think the reaction examples you mention should be include in the next update. :)

Putnam, remember, this is a strategy game, not a simulation.

he he he.
;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9145 on: February 13, 2013, 01:21:07 pm »

Cant we just use slag like boulders in terms of catapult usage? Slag-minigun, Slag-shotguns, all totally doable! :D

Where'd I put those minecarts...

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9146 on: February 13, 2013, 01:25:16 pm »

Dropping boulders on a operated catapult fires them all, minigun ad shotgun, depending on what you want. But slag.... sadly, slag can only be used as a shotgun, and even then, because you cant stockpile it, i dont know if you can get it into the minecart. Damn Meph, why do you have to be like that?

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9147 on: February 13, 2013, 01:31:51 pm »

Dropping boulders on a operated catapult fires them all, minigun ad shotgun, depending on what you want. But slag.... sadly, slag can only be used as a shotgun, and even then, because you cant stockpile it, i dont know if you can get it into the minecart. Damn Meph, why do you have to be like that?

There, there Firehawk. We'll find a way.

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9148 on: February 13, 2013, 01:48:12 pm »

Minecarts can take items when things are dropped into them from 1 z-level higher, right? Because when they can, just shackle some migrants to the filling place, let them fill the minecart and lets go.

You could also use DFhack to dump them all on a raise-brigde in the middle of the enemy invasion, raise the bridge and look how effective it is.

Is slag heavier then concrete?

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9149 on: February 13, 2013, 05:26:26 pm »

Found a couple more food bugs. I am able to cook with blood wine, tears of armok, nether wine, nether grour, corrupted blood (I have four after butchering the remains of a child that turned in to a blood beast), shadowleaf bushes.  I can't seem to get rid of the corrupted blood either, it's just sitting in the butchers' workshops but I am not able to dump it.

Also not sure what I have done but my dwarves have stopped training animals, I have trained loads of dogs and mastiffs already. I've pastured some more dogs (no armour etc), set them to W train in the animal's z-screen as before but my multiple trainers are idling and ignoring them. They are pastured right beside the dining room so don't think it's a pathing issue. :/

Oh found the brewery making Drinks bug - Pig Tails are the culprit.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 05:52:55 pm by Torgan »
Pages: 1 ... 608 609 [610] 611 612 ... 749