Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 597 598 [599] 600 601 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1839020 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2f - Bugfix, Graphics and Kobolds (and Linux/Mac OS)
« Reply #8970 on: February 05, 2013, 05:08:36 am »

Well, I am german and colloquial american english can be weird sometimes... but I know tahujdt usually approves of the mod changes, thats why I asked ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #8971 on: February 05, 2013, 12:48:58 pm »

@tahujdt - yea, why the sarcasm?? farming poisons is badass! =D

See the second definition:
Originally, "golf clap" was used to mean a sarcastic applause, for example the kind of applause that is given when someone drops their food tray in a cafeteria. However, it is increasingly being used to mean a sincere show of appreciation, especially on FARK.COM.
(I have never heard of FARK but I've always thought of golf clap as sincere)

Such Googling skills, and from an Escaped Lunatic, no less!
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Mikesullivan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8972 on: February 05, 2013, 01:20:04 pm »

Theres any way to use the blood of armor on a bottle to make magma lakes?

How do i make a blacksmith or a Smelter that only uses magma from the bottles as fuel?

Im on a layer that have 0 coal, anthracite, not even enought minerals... (only gold : /) but im lucky to have a lot of relics and fosiles that get me a lots of rusty steel/ mithril armor and weapons (but no gauntles, dunno why).

MAurelius

• Bay Watcher
  • Philosopher King
    • View Profile
    • Marcus Aurelius Let's Play
« Reply #8973 on: February 05, 2013, 01:35:03 pm »

Im on a layer that have 0 coal, anthracite, not even enought minerals... (only gold : /) but im lucky to have a lot of relics and fosiles that get me a lots of rusty steel/ mithril armor and weapons (but no gauntles, dunno why).

I've explored all three caverns and have dug out a sizable fortress and haven't seen one fossil or relic. 4x5 embark. Or any of the new stone (living stone?) for that matter. Is it really rare or did I accidentally turn something off? I kept most everything default but the special !!FUN!! button and the "harder" stuff (farming, mining, smelting, etc.) I turned off as I wanted to learn new workshops and metals and stuff before adding more difficulty.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8974 on: February 05, 2013, 01:35:36 pm »

> How do i make a blacksmith or a Smelter that only uses magma from the bottles as fuel?

In Orc mode, you would use the bottles to fill a couple "magma cistern" workshops, and deconstruct the Cistern in a way that it fills a reservoir (suggested to rig up a way to do this remotely such as a cave in from a support).  Then build a magma smelter over your reservoir as normal. 
I *think* that Meph kept the same system in Dwarf mode except he uses the "Spawn location" workshop.

A 1x1 workshop full of magma should fill about a 3x3 space with magma when deconstructed, if it is surrounded by an empty room (i.e. floors).  If walls or empty space is surrounding the workshop that fluid might not all appear.

You need to have discovered natural magma to unlock the magma version of the smelter, you can always just delve deep and then seal up the shaft.

>  Is it really rare or did I accidentally turn something off?

Fossils can occur rarely in any stone or commonly in veins or clusters of "ruins".  So it's highly likely you have some fossils somewhere on your map, but they might be very sparse.  Whether or not you get "ruins" is random like any other mineral, just like you don't get gold in every embark.

I don't think there is any setting that turns the edible Living stone off.  It is a cluster in something ... bauxite?  If you have Less Solid Rock turned on, it replaces normal bauxite with a different rock also called "living stone" which melts to blood directly.  Anyway, whether or not you have layers of bauxite is random too. 

The odds of seeing that kind of weird special stuff is probably higher if you turn on simple stones and simple minerals, because then you don't have periclase, limonite, and garnierite competeing for places in the world.  Personally I prefer having the garnierite :)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 01:59:32 pm by smakemupagus »

Mikesullivan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8975 on: February 05, 2013, 01:43:42 pm »

Its the same for Dwarf mode?

DtheMac

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8976 on: February 05, 2013, 01:47:12 pm »

So I'm not sure what's up with this, but my animal stockpiles aren't working. I recently went through a siege by White Tigermen, and my cage traps are reset, but my dwarves just let the cages sit where they were caught. Right now I have a 3-cage stack with Tigermen, Sparrow, and Leprechaun. I've created new animal stockpiles, near and far from the cages, but nothing works. I notice that I also have cages from a caravan from two years prior, that are just sitting.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8977 on: February 05, 2013, 02:18:27 pm »

check your "standing orders: gather animals" setting?
probably (o)rders, (a)nimals

DtheMac

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8978 on: February 05, 2013, 02:19:59 pm »

That did it! I'm not sure how that was changed, I rarely mess with the orders. Thanks!

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8979 on: February 05, 2013, 02:38:11 pm »

np, glad it helped.
That is often the answer to "Help!  my dwarves aren't gathering 'x' ", happens to everyone :)

MAurelius

• Bay Watcher
  • Philosopher King
    • View Profile
    • Marcus Aurelius Let's Play
« Reply #8980 on: February 05, 2013, 02:55:06 pm »

The odds of seeing that kind of weird special stuff is probably higher if you turn on simple stones and simple minerals, because then you don't have periclase, limonite, and garnierite competeing for places in the world.  Personally I prefer having the garnierite :)

I agree with you Smake. I turned on simple wood and soil, but kept the rocks and minerals as I like the variety, and oddly, unlike many I tend to run out of stone.

I love the new prepared foods, engravings, and races, and caverns. It breathes so much more life into the game.

Fobeeyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8981 on: February 05, 2013, 05:08:56 pm »

So, for some reason, when I am playing fortress mode, I cant dig some materials or make stairs on them, the stones like Obsidian, hematite, and saltpeter are some of the stuff it wont let me do anything with, I cant figure out why, and didnt see anything on the guide. Anyone know how to fix that?

Fobeeyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8982 on: February 05, 2013, 05:14:39 pm »

So, for some reason, when I am playing fortress mode, I cant dig some materials or make stairs on them, the stones like Obsidian, hematite, and saltpeter are some of the stuff it wont let me do anything with, I cant figure out why, and didnt see anything on the guide. Anyone know how to fix that?

Im also playing as dwarves, so I know I am supposed to be able to dig stone...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8983 on: February 05, 2013, 05:16:02 pm »

Did you play Kobolds lately?

Please go to your raw/objects folder, open material_template_default.txt and search for Undiggable. If it says: !NOKOBOLDCAMP!UNDIGGABLE] then everything is ok. If it says YESKOBOLDCAMP[UNDIGGABLE] then the GUI must have messed something up, even if I dont know why or how. Other then that I cant think of any reason this could happen. Or user error on your end ^^
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Fobeeyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8984 on: February 05, 2013, 05:21:20 pm »

Did you play Kobolds lately?

Please go to your raw/objects folder, open material_template_default.txt and search for Undiggable. If it says: !NOKOBOLDCAMP!UNDIGGABLE] then everything is ok. If it says YESKOBOLDCAMP[UNDIGGABLE] then the GUI must have messed something up, even if I dont know why or how. Other then that I cant think of any reason this could happen. Or user error on your end ^^
I did have a previous kobold fort but I abandoned it, I didnt think that that would have any effect on furure dwarf fortresses, thanks
Pages: 1 ... 597 598 [599] 600 601 ... 749