Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 591 592 [593] 594 595 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1838958 times)

Hefateus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2f - Bugfix, Graphics and Kobolds (and Linux/Mac OS)
« Reply #8880 on: January 30, 2013, 11:28:25 am »

Im with Tally. I just put on my big Dorf undies and strike the earth :) I have noticed that there is quite a bit of orc and ant-men in the stew pot lately though....
Seriously though, I dont use plants for anything but brewing because it can be difficult to keep that 200 drink buffer between you and water drinking dorfs. Which I think is fun because I was having enough excess food that I could buy all the dragons a caravan could bring just to get rid of it. I would like to say that I am not a seasoned DF player either.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8881 on: January 30, 2013, 12:00:16 pm »

It's fine about the food shortage and that you need lots of land for crops, but for me the fun extra challenge is not enough to make up for the micromanagement hassle that the planting season (above ground) is basically only Granite and Slate.  Anything you plant in the later weeks of Felsite is very likely to die on the vine.  So unless you have seeds to burn you go around every Felsite and toggle the farm back to fallow. 

I think, making GROWDUR anything over 1.5 seasons (somewhere in the 1500-1700 range) would preserve the challenge of only one crop per year but you can leave the plot on "Plant <x>" for the whole spring.

Ulfsark

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8882 on: January 30, 2013, 03:13:14 pm »

I was managing food alright with some fishing, but I did not have anywhere near enough alchohol and then most of my dwarfs ended up killing each other. It felt like Vault-Tec experiment. Lock a bunch of dwarfs in a cave with no booze!

Chiasm

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8883 on: January 30, 2013, 03:58:41 pm »

Hey guys. I just had the monarch arrived event, except she didn't. Instead of the queen I got her entourage consisting of 5 lords and a few high skill warriors. The lords have no room requirements, but seem to have at least 3 demands each.

I haven't played this far on vanilla, so I'm not sure if this is normal. Couldn't find anything about lord nobles on the wiki. Not sure it it matters or is related, but my mayor hasn't been promoted yet either.

Is this working as intended? It's getting quite annoying having 5 guys constantly throwing mandates at me. I'm afraid I'll have to arrange a "cave exploration" mission really soon.

sharix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8884 on: January 30, 2013, 06:13:39 pm »

so how do I access these options in OS X?
You do it the same way you do on Linux.

1. Install Wine.
2. Install the windows version of Mono in Wine.
3. Run Settings.exe with Wine.

If you want the exact commands on how to do that you will have to wait for someone with a Mac to tell you what the are.
There isn't a Settings.exe file in the OS X release (also there is no manual)
If I try the windows release I get this:

I wonder what happened to that universal python project.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 06:17:05 pm by sharix »

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8885 on: January 30, 2013, 07:54:11 pm »

There isn't a Settings.exe file in the OS X release (also there is no manual)
Really?  I thought there was.

If I try the windows release I get this:

That sometimes happens on Linux it depends how you start it with Wine.
I think you can work around that by having the current working directory be the folder containing "Settings.exe" when you run it with Wine.
I don't know how to do that on OS X.

I wonder what happened to that universal python project.
It got slowed down by several things, mostly we have less free time than we would like to work on it.
zenerbufen is the only one who knows how to use qt-designer in a way that will make code that uses the backend we wrote and we have not heard from him in a while.
The plan was to make the post alpha GUI interface with qt-designer since it would be easier for other people to edit the interface that way.
I can do it without that but it would be difficult for other people to edit the interface if I do it that way.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

sharix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8886 on: January 31, 2013, 05:59:59 am »

Thanks for the explanation, will try to fix it.
I think these instructions should be on the first page so there's no confusion.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8887 on: January 31, 2013, 07:48:42 am »

Hey, how do you make golems parts of squads like it says in the manual?

darthbob88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8888 on: January 31, 2013, 01:17:24 pm »

I'm having problems with the steam engine. I've got dfhack running, but it doesn't seem to produce any power. I'm using the magma steam engine, with one corner over a magma pipe and nothing over water. The manual says it needs water connected with downstairs and not a channel, so would something like this work?
Code: [Select]
Level N
[. . .]
[_ . .]
[. . >]
Level N-1
[W W W]
[M W W]
[W W <= to Water
A tunnel on the mid-left leading to magma, and one on the low right leading to water, with an upstair to the engine? The building says it has water in it, and people doing the "Run engine" job, so it should be working.

Ozfer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8889 on: January 31, 2013, 06:30:13 pm »

Um... I'm  a noob, so I don't know if this is a vanilla feature or not, but I recently found a crop of living stone in the caverns.  Is this a Masterwork addition?  And what does it do?

SabbyKat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8890 on: January 31, 2013, 06:38:27 pm »

Um... I'm  a noob, so I don't know if this is a vanilla feature or not, but I recently found a crop of living stone in the caverns.  Is this a Masterwork addition?  And what does it do?

Living Stone is a new 'stone' added in Masterwork. You can 'butcher' it for meat (or grind it up for blood, which is used for bloodsteel and other things - nothing vital). Butchering it takes place at a Slaughterhouse. Not sure how much meat it gives per - but it's quite abundant and useful.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #8891 on: February 01, 2013, 06:13:14 am »

This may sound stupid, but how do I access the pre-generated worlds?

Never mind.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 06:15:59 am by Objective »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

b22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8892 on: February 01, 2013, 03:18:10 pm »

What is weretapir ?

Chaz8591

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8893 on: February 01, 2013, 04:00:56 pm »

Kind of like a werewolf... but it transforms into a tapir instead of wolf.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!
Pages: 1 ... 591 592 [593] 594 595 ... 749