Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 586 587 [588] 589 590 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1838889 times)

Wafflelordling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2f - Bugfix, Graphics and Kobolds (and Linux/Mac OS)
« Reply #8805 on: January 24, 2013, 07:11:36 pm »

using the v.2f with phoebus, the stones are set to economic and there are no burrows in use at the time, just got my fort set up and my smelters are making a ton of slag and wanted to get rid of it.
On a side note my armour smith just made a iridium demonic armor piece how good would that be?

edit: Ok Im a total idiot forgot that it said blocks not stones duh...proceeds to use a save where there is a convineint lava pump to flood fortress to relieve strees.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 07:40:45 pm by Wafflelordling »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #8806 on: January 24, 2013, 07:21:24 pm »

Iridium's heavy as hell IRL, but also strong as hell. If the wearer is sufficiently strong, they should be able to use it.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8807 on: January 24, 2013, 07:43:45 pm »

Iridium is quite good, yes... the manual has a big list with all the metals next to each other, with all values to check.

And slag pit uses [BUILD_ITEM:4:BLOCKS:NONE:NONE:NONE][BUILDMAT][WORTHLESS_STONE_ONLY]... that works perfectly fine for me and I guess all the other players making slagpits, so it must be a user error on your end.

Edit: Ok, you found it yourself.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Wafflelordling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8808 on: January 24, 2013, 08:05:10 pm »

what about demonic armor? cause thats not in the manual

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8809 on: January 24, 2013, 08:10:17 pm »

[ITEM_ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_DEMONICAQ]
[NAME:demonic armor:demonic armors]
[ARMORLEVEL:3]
[UBSTEP:5]
[SHAPED]
[LAYER:ARMOR]
[COVERAGE:100]
[LAYER_SIZE:20]
[LAYER_PERMIT:49]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:1]
[HARD]
[METAL]

what smake means is that its not too shabby.

:D
it covers everything that an upper body armor could possibly cover; you can wear 1 coat of mail with it but not 2.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 08:31:49 pm by smakemupagus »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8810 on: January 24, 2013, 08:11:08 pm »

what smake means is that its not too shabby. Because we are talking about an iridium artefact armor. Which is still better then anything else you could manufacture yourself.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Wafflelordling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8811 on: January 24, 2013, 08:53:20 pm »

sweet now then i want an ambush to test my dorf squad on and maybe kill all those nobles

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8812 on: January 24, 2013, 09:24:26 pm »

It worked. Truetype was the problem. Thanks, Meph.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8813 on: January 24, 2013, 11:27:12 pm »

what i'd personally like in the manual. is the raw data thats relvant to the armors / weapons in question, and weapon grade materials strengths =), in numbers... well i guess equlivancys would be fine..or a list.. use these for blunt. use htese for sharp. use these to train up weaponsmithing...

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8814 on: January 24, 2013, 11:38:14 pm »

what i'd personally like in the manual. is the raw data thats relvant to the armors / weapons in question, and weapon grade materials strengths =), in numbers... well i guess equlivancys would be fine..or a list.. use these for blunt. use htese for sharp. use these to train up weaponsmithing...

There is just such an excel table in there, on the Inorganic materials page, click one of the links under "metals data" or somethnig like that.

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile
« Reply #8815 on: January 25, 2013, 12:25:42 am »

May be intentional or not.  I've found that even with harder farming off before generating a world my egg production and plant farming is far slower than in vanilla DF.  Looks like chicken egg clutches are at 1:3 when the vanilla wiki has them at a clutch size of 4:15.  Like I said I'm not sure if the 1:3 was built into masterwork and harder faming makes it even more difficult or not.  But with 20 chickens and farms of every type of crop I'm still having trouble feeding my fortress of 150.  The only way to survive is to buy tons of meat and fish off caravans or slaughter all my horses during sieges.  Not to say this doesn't make it more interesting than vanilla of course.  I'll have to expand my farming and maybe breed up 50 chickens or so.

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8816 on: January 25, 2013, 01:00:40 am »

yeah, harder farming makes things much harder. i've started using herbalism as a main profession for some of my dwarves
but i believe the eggs have been like that since the start in masterwork :-\
and the plants take much longer to grow; plump helmets go from about 1.5 harvests each season to taking a year to grow with harder farming. hoping meph or someone adds a graph as to which plants do what with the growing duration of each

btw, harder farming doesn't change the grow duration of any plants from the 'more plant types' option.  although most there don't have a tag for growing duration to begin with
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

Hefateus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8817 on: January 25, 2013, 03:13:07 am »

Hi,
I've been lurking for a while(since 1.95/2a) and I'd like to say great work Meph! Im currently playing 2f. I really enjoy the mod and I'm not sure I could go back to vanilla. I really like harder farming. I find that I can pretty much just "set it and forget it" with the older farming. Now I use potash(which I have never had to do) and I have to use herbalism and hunting and fishing to get my fort going. I actually ran out of booze for a while!
I have a partly prayer based economy. My fort has a sweat shop of 25 or so of the small altars which is where I get most of my gems/silk/gold/platinum/steel/bronze/silver bars. All the beds, chairs, tables and misc furniture are made from gems. 
One bug that I'm not sure if its been mentioned is that ridged scale doesn't show up in stockpiles. Also that you can trade for nith which I know you made it so gremlins can't be traded for so this may be something you don't intend also.
I really like the random creatures. It brings some freshness to the war animals and to the cave and surface creatures that you encounter/kill and trade for.

leafar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8818 on: January 25, 2013, 06:32:28 am »

on stonesense with 64bit linux:
i use ubuntu and it didnt load at first, but putting a copy of a 32bit libjpeg into stonesense/deplibs and naming it libjpeg.so.62 fixes it

and some feedback on kobold-camp(2f):
i think castes like masons, smith, jewelers and the like should be less common
in my camp(~70 bolds total) i have several mastersmith and masons and if you cant mine you dont have much use for them - and to me leather fits better with kobolds
maybe replace them with a fighters-caste(havent come across one yet)

and you might want to give them the Crematorium as they cant butcher sentients(or change that) - atomsmashing is such a waste of resources

in the training grounds Train sword (like spear and hammer) seems to accept any weapon type, not just the specific training weapons(this might be a problem from the original camp though)

thats it for now
Quote from: LookingForGroup
I bet you would've laughed more if you were on fire.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8819 on: January 25, 2013, 06:58:31 am »

Non-butchering sentients for kobolds has really been annoying me. I was really looking forward to elf stew the first time I managed to get my little squad to kill one.
Pages: 1 ... 586 587 [588] 589 590 ... 749