Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 576 577 [578] 579 580 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1838740 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2f - Bugfix, Graphics and Kobolds (and Linux/Mac OS)
« Reply #8655 on: January 17, 2013, 02:02:40 pm »

Did you press the button in the GUI for Kobolds before you genned a world ?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8656 on: January 17, 2013, 03:08:57 pm »

There are people having 2 different kind of problems,

(#1) You must generate the world with the same Entity (Dwarf, Orc, or Kobold) chosen that you intend to play with.

(#2) The tool tip which says "Activate only one," (of Orcs or Kobold), meaning not only what state it is in when you finally press Play, but also if you ever go through the state "YES YES" while playing around with the GUI it will stay screwed up even if you turn one back off*.  -- If you go all the way back to the state "NO NO" it will reset and work as intended. 

*(well, 50% chance depending what order you did it in)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 03:20:28 pm by smakemupagus »

Urist McEngraver

• Bay Watcher
  • I like german.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8657 on: January 17, 2013, 05:14:05 pm »

First, I had just gotten it with all vanilla settings, and I only pressed kobold to YES, and genned a world, so I'm not sure.

Second, in Orc fortress- how do you get Rusty Iron to forge stuff at the factory? I'm clueless.
Also, if you've got wooden furniture in the dining hall, you have some big issues anyways.
This is Dwarf Fortress, not the Fluffy Wambler Express.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8658 on: January 17, 2013, 05:26:31 pm »

Rusty iron is more of a by-product than anything else, although Orc Freelancers do use it for currency (think "teef", or "bottle caps")

You normally get it as a side product of smelting batches or destroying scrap armor at the Orcish Molten Pit.  You can also buy bars cheap from goblin traders, or (probably not recommended) sell stuff to the Freelancers Guild and melt down the coins.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8659 on: January 17, 2013, 06:17:42 pm »

I'm surprised how easy it is for me to outfit a bunch of orcs or dwarves in full iron gear.

Tark

• Bay Watcher
  • on what even did not?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8660 on: January 17, 2013, 06:57:32 pm »

Hey dudes, I made a little mini-mod to change the Kobold Camp graphics back to what they were in the original non-MW version. Not only that, I've also added in quite a few more sprites. Practically all credit goes to Lairian who originally made these, I only tweaked and extrapolated from his sheet to make this.

boldsboldsboldsboldsbolds
Simply plop both files into the Masterwork>Dwarf Fortress>Raw>Graphics folder, overwriting the ones already in there. Do this before making a new region, as regions make their own copy of the raws. If you want them in an old region then put them in the region's respective rawset.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8661 on: January 17, 2013, 07:19:16 pm »

@Gamerlord, do you think it was a balance issue in the mod that makes it too easy to gear (like embark with cheap bituminous coal)?  or, vanilla.  Do you play with Harder Smithing?

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8662 on: January 17, 2013, 07:26:29 pm »

I play with harder smithing and it isn't really a balance issue; it's just that I got an embark with a metric f*ck-ton of limonite, lignite, bituminous coal and limestone.  :D

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8663 on: January 17, 2013, 07:56:42 pm »

awesome, gotta love those :D

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8664 on: January 17, 2013, 08:11:45 pm »

Hell yeah. Add the fact that I'm playing that embark with Orcs and I'm less than an in-game year away from killing anything and everything that so much as looks at my fort funny.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8665 on: January 17, 2013, 09:57:38 pm »

There are people having 2 different kind of problems,

(#1) You must generate the world with the same Entity (Dwarf, Orc, or Kobold) chosen that you intend to play with.

(#2) The tool tip which says "Activate only one," (of Orcs or Kobold), meaning not only what state it is in when you finally press Play, but also if you ever go through the state "YES YES" while playing around with the GUI it will stay screwed up even if you turn one back off*.  -- If you go all the way back to the state "NO NO" it will reset and work as intended. 

*(well, 50% chance depending what order you did it in)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

My suggestion would be to make all civilisations playable for a single game. This will be especially important come DF2013, because then players can retire a fortress from one civilisation and start a new settlement with a completely different game running. Hopefully this won't screw anything up too badly.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #8666 on: January 17, 2013, 10:36:38 pm »

Do you mean DF2014?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8667 on: January 18, 2013, 01:27:03 am »

My tileset has been updated, I think you'll be happier with the selection and all the 2x upscaled variants.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8668 on: January 18, 2013, 02:51:50 am »

@vherid: thanks for the heads up.

@CaptainArchmage: If you want to balance them, sure. Because the orc invaders are not smakes tribal orcs, and you'd attacked by mithril tribal wargear and dreamwalkers, instead of orcs with rusty steel. I'm no Dustin Browder, to balance 3 races perfectly against each other ^^

@Tark: These look good, but they arent the original bolds (?) At least to my eyes. Look at the picture, the "normal" phoebus bolts are to the right.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8669 on: January 18, 2013, 03:38:43 am »

*chuckle* I'd come to the thread to ask where the creature research workshop had gone to and found the game had been updated twice *lol* now that I have the new version lets see what trouble I can get into
Someone, get the bug zapper! What do you mean that won't work on a bug the size of a house which glows? No, I don't want to hear it. Just get the damn zapper.
Pages: 1 ... 576 577 [578] 579 580 ... 749