Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 573 574 [575] 576 577 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1838672 times)

Tally

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2f - Bugfix, Graphics and Kobolds (and Linux/Mac OS)
« Reply #8610 on: January 15, 2013, 05:05:56 am »

Also, melting ice at the apothecary appears to be bugged. The reaction won't be usable even if you have all the ingredients needed. I just had a mason die because of it.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8611 on: January 15, 2013, 05:28:55 am »

@Tally: Since tanning has no quality level, the exploit doesnt help you much. ^^ But its a nice way to get remains, because you can also make food out of them in Kobold Camp, or make ash in the crematory.

@Liuface: This is probably the tenth time I say it this week alone, so here we go again: What could possible compel you to give me a report about outdated versions. I just, literally the last post I made, was all about "please dont post stuff about outdated versions." I am seriously loosing my patience sooner or later. I fixed that, and I mentioned that in the changelog. The bug has been reported before, I acknowledged the fact, fixed it, released a new version with the fix, and mentioned it in the changelog.

@sabbykat: Why not read the changelog then ? I post a full one, with all changes, everytime I release a new version, at the bottom of the release post. The only exception to that rule is the very last one, because it was a very small update and every single thing was mentioned in the post.

Either I'm blind, or finding mod resources for this little thing is non-existent... :/
  You set rains to 0 in the adv. worldgen, then add your own reiongal weather types. These go into an interaction file, and all needed tags are located in the wiki under interaction token and syndrome token, and you can just copy my good weather types, replace good with evil, and you are done.

Tags:
WEATHER_CREEPING_GAS    Creates a cloud of gas that appears at the edge of the map and slowly creeps across the map. Not usable by creatures.
WEATHER_CREEPING_VAPOR    Creates a cloud of creeping vapor. Not usable by creatures.
WEATHER_CREEPING_DUST    Creates a cloud of creeping dust. Not usable by creatures.
WEATHER_FALLING_MATERIAL    Causes it to start raining a particular material. If the material is solid at the outdoor temperatures, it will snow the material instead. Regardless of the nature of the material, being caught in it will give dwarves the bad thought of being 'caught in freakish weather lately'. Not usable by creatures.

Related to my declining patience, I will take a few days off. While its nice to get feedback, having 50% of it about outdated/fixed/vanilla/dfhack/user-errors/not-reading-the-manual really gets to me. And since I am a nice guy, I rather get some distance instead of yelling at no one in particular.

EDIT: And to prove my point: Here is your bucket of ice, tested ingame, works.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 05:41:38 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Tally

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8612 on: January 15, 2013, 07:34:20 am »

Must've been some weird other issue with dwarven accessibility on my end, then. Oh well! Embarking on cold climates sucks, especially when you have necromancer warlocks visiting your fortress right after goblin ambushes.

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8613 on: January 15, 2013, 07:53:39 am »

Well, high level workers do give you something, it improves the speed of them doing stuff. For butchers and tanners its semi-useful i think, because after sieges struck down with the power of my two legion dwarves of the whole army my fort could bear, they are busy to preserve everything and not let it rot away ;)

Also nice for every other time-sensitive work, it just makes things happening faster

Varyag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8614 on: January 15, 2013, 07:54:23 am »

Just had my first encounter with metalwraiths and have to say i love them at the moment. Had a lucky embark and got two legion dwarves in my starting 7. They levelled all the way up to legendary on shields, fighter and axes just bashing on metalwraiths with cheap copper gear until there was nothing more than bloody paste left. All this in spring of first year. :)

I think they're balanced but a good tip to other players is to bring a few extra copper weapons and make wooden kite shields immediately on embark. The shields in particular is what saved both my miners from being stomped by wraiths. Draft all your dwarves or at least your miners into military and give them cheap/outdated stuff just so they have something to defend themselves with even if you never use the squad for any fighting.

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8615 on: January 15, 2013, 08:13:01 am »

I had 8k embark points, went "fuck it", bought my two military dwarves iron armour and steel longsswords, worked well, one of them got stomped by a sauropod.

Meph, dwarves can still prefer coarse iron, is that intented?

Omeganaut

• Bay Watcher
  • eshimdomnothry (FreedomSlavery)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8616 on: January 15, 2013, 10:10:40 am »

Dear Meph,

I apologize for posting so many complaints so badly.  I was trying to help, but I am not the most informed computer person and it showed.  I appreciate all that you do for us by making and improving this mod and I realize that most of our responses are criticism (if some of it actually constructive).  You are doing a great job, and I appreciate you.  This is not a bribe to get you back to the mod without taking a break, this is me realizing you should get more compliments.  I hope you can also see the large number of posts as people enjoying your mod, not just as critics.  They are still playing your mod after all!

Best wishes,

Omeganaut
My extended sig
Includes the one and only !!DrunkFortress!! quote anthology.
Also: Bay 12 Archeology!  I bring the word of Bay12.  And the word is despair
I'm back, but I can't be consistant enough for games... Sorry!

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8617 on: January 15, 2013, 11:26:34 am »

@meph - afaict 2f is really quite stable and good. my only problem is that i don't have enough time to put much time into a new fort! masterwork df is really my only vice right now - and it's a damn good one. thinks for everything and absolutely all the best =D
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!

Chaikhou-L-Jabal

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8618 on: January 15, 2013, 02:54:53 pm »

I have tried many embarks and worlds, and i never seem to ecounter special rain and weather for good biomes. also, i never found the caraterstic plants, trees, or the blue grass in good biomes.
Ps : Sorry for my english.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #8619 on: January 15, 2013, 03:42:33 pm »

Meph, dwarves can still prefer coarse iron, is that intented?

Coarse Iron isn't even in the new versions.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8620 on: January 15, 2013, 03:57:52 pm »

Coarse Iron is still in raws in 2f, you just don't have any way to make it.
inorganic_zmasterwork.txt(71): [INORGANIC:PURE_IRON]

So they can prefer it, make engravings of it, etc.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #8621 on: January 15, 2013, 04:03:23 pm »

I figured he meant equipment-wise. I've got Dwarves that prefer Xnaglazom's Demon Back Tooth sometimes, too bad the preference system is so wonky. Damn Dwarves knowing the unknowable.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

SabbyKat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8622 on: January 15, 2013, 04:33:26 pm »

@Tally: Since tanning has no quality level, the exploit doesnt help you much. ^^ But its a nice way to get remains, because you can also make food out of them in Kobold Camp, or make ash in the crematory.

@Liuface: This is probably the tenth time I say it this week alone, so here we go again: What could possible compel you to give me a report about outdated versions. I just, literally the last post I made, was all about "please dont post stuff about outdated versions." I am seriously loosing my patience sooner or later. I fixed that, and I mentioned that in the changelog. The bug has been reported before, I acknowledged the fact, fixed it, released a new version with the fix, and mentioned it in the changelog.

@sabbykat: Why not read the changelog then ? I post a full one, with all changes, everytime I release a new version, at the bottom of the release post. The only exception to that rule is the very last one, because it was a very small update and every single thing was mentioned in the post.

Either I'm blind, or finding mod resources for this little thing is non-existent... :/
  You set rains to 0 in the adv. worldgen, then add your own reiongal weather types. These go into an interaction file, and all needed tags are located in the wiki under interaction token and syndrome token, and you can just copy my good weather types, replace good with evil, and you are done.

Tags:
WEATHER_CREEPING_GAS    Creates a cloud of gas that appears at the edge of the map and slowly creeps across the map. Not usable by creatures.
WEATHER_CREEPING_VAPOR    Creates a cloud of creeping vapor. Not usable by creatures.
WEATHER_CREEPING_DUST    Creates a cloud of creeping dust. Not usable by creatures.
WEATHER_FALLING_MATERIAL    Causes it to start raining a particular material. If the material is solid at the outdoor temperatures, it will snow the material instead. Regardless of the nature of the material, being caught in it will give dwarves the bad thought of being 'caught in freakish weather lately'. Not usable by creatures.

Related to my declining patience, I will take a few days off. While its nice to get feedback, having 50% of it about outdated/fixed/vanilla/dfhack/user-errors/not-reading-the-manual really gets to me. And since I am a nice guy, I rather get some distance instead of yelling at no one in particular.

...Right, well, I'm sorry I can't keep up with all the info that's scattered across the last 100 pages, I should have checked. But you could have simply ignored me and said I was giving the wrong info and I would have been quite fine (I know you're not raging specifically at me, nor am I trying to sound dramatic!).

Might I suggest you try to... 'hire' for lack of a term, some people to read/respond on your behalf for the thread? Since it seems to aggrevate you to no end, and you seem to need to reply (I know the feeling, I can't find the right word for why, but I'm the same way :P), and that's not gonna be good if you lose your drive to mod just due to forum posts.

I appreciate the weather matter, I'll try checking it out in a bit!

Again, sorry for my misinformation. >.<
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 05:07:26 pm by SabbyKat »

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8623 on: January 15, 2013, 09:12:36 pm »

so is the conclusion that 2f is basically bug-free, or what? =D
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8624 on: January 15, 2013, 09:17:03 pm »

I don't think anything DF related can be described as bug free.
Pages: 1 ... 573 574 [575] 576 577 ... 749