Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 570 571 [572] 573 574 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1838647 times)

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2f - Bugfix, Graphics and Kobolds (and Linux/Mac OS)
« Reply #8565 on: January 14, 2013, 12:45:59 pm »

no burrows, no manager... I will upload the fort, maybe you can pinpoint the whole thing.

nekronuke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8566 on: January 14, 2013, 12:53:58 pm »

It can't find items on embark, the 'Embark Preparations could not be completed' Schpiel. I used to have it every time with mastiffs, but a reinstall+update fixed it.

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8567 on: January 14, 2013, 01:02:47 pm »

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7305

Thats the fort, the metalworking area is a few z-level down, one piece of charcoal lies there, the anthracite is one z-level under it. Furnace operator enabled on 5 dwarves, that should be enough.

OverlordTNT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8568 on: January 14, 2013, 01:53:49 pm »

the version was the latest one. and by "the LFR mechanic," i meant by transforming it through another creature.

Omeganaut

• Bay Watcher
  • eshimdomnothry (FreedomSlavery)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8569 on: January 14, 2013, 02:10:48 pm »

It is currently snowing rock.  I am using Kobolds on the version I downloaded earlier today, and I am perplexed at how it keeps snowing rock, creating piles of rock all over the land.  My embark is half wilderness half mirthful, so i am wondering if the good biome has anything to do with it, but it is rather odd.  Wherever the rock lands I can't farm for a bit, and then suddenly I can farm it.  The rain appear to be dropping courage vapor as well, if that helps.  While this isn't game-breaking, its rather irritating.  And I promise I didn't alter anything in the raws.  Also, my embark is warm and the water isn't freezing, so I don't understand the snow.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 02:19:40 pm by Omeganaut »
My extended sig
Includes the one and only !!DrunkFortress!! quote anthology.
Also: Bay 12 Archeology!  I bring the word of Bay12.  And the word is despair
I'm back, but I can't be consistant enough for games... Sorry!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8570 on: January 14, 2013, 02:16:00 pm »

@OverlordTNT: I do that already, they are transformed. Using exactly the same mechanic as lfr :
      [CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:START:0:END:10]
         [CE:CREATURE:WILL_O_WISP_LFR:FEMALE]

@Firehawk45: I hate to say this, but: You cant smelt the anthracite (or any other ore in your mining shafts) because you have no stairs. No one can reach it. Your miner is starving and dying of thirst btw, and the entire fortress looks like a giant clusterfuck. And everyone is idle. Thats enough criticism for now ^^ Wait, and 30secs in there is a snatcher in your main hall, who killed a child instantly when I started the save. Ok, now I'm good. ^^

@Omeganaut: Thats a leftover in the interaction_weather, that only triggers in good regions. I will remove it.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 02:18:24 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

jellsprout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8571 on: January 14, 2013, 02:54:50 pm »

You are right. I do have a MasterworkDF_v2f_Linux_Patched_2013-01-13.rar and a MasterworkDF_v2f_Linux_Patched_2013-01-12.rar on the desktop, and the one on mediafire does have the old GUI in it. Must have been a misclick, thanks for the report. I send you a PM once the upload is done.

It works now. Thanks.
"Having been equipped with tracking collars so their migration and survival in the wild can be measured, the young Sea Serpent is released into the wild.  It is hoped that this captive breeding program will boost their terribly low population numbers and eventually see them removed from the endangered species list..."

ScottS

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8572 on: January 14, 2013, 03:11:46 pm »

@Firehawk45: I hate to say this, but: You cant smelt the anthracite (or any other ore in your mining shafts) because you have no stairs. No one can reach it. Your miner is starving and dying of thirst btw, and the entire fortress looks like a giant clusterfuck. And everyone is idle. Thats enough criticism for now ^^ Wait, and 30secs in there is a snatcher in your main hall, who killed a child instantly when I started the save. Ok, now I'm good. ^^
I shouldn't laugh, because this was me at one time (might still be!), but..... LOL  :D

Kon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8573 on: January 14, 2013, 03:21:57 pm »

And found a vanilla bug which is new to me... I build a giant bridge to the map-edge and my depot was only accessable from that bridge. I did it to spawn caravans with their wagons on there. Doesnt work. The game will state that the traders bring no wagons, even if the green W (from the "D" screen) will claim that the depot can be accessed. I guess its because the bridge ends in mid-air, if seen from outside of my embark tiles. Anyone knows if this is a known bug (and/or wanted feature?)

As you probably know, the Depot Accessible Green Ws start from the depot. So there is a path from the depot, all along the bridge, right up to the end of the bridge. The bridge ending in mid-air is apparently the problem. I wouldn't call it a bug since the caravans can't reasonably get up to the bridge when they arrive.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8574 on: January 14, 2013, 04:34:04 pm »

no, the whole thing is perfectly accessible, or how did the  mason build his little wall holding the nastys off and got back without a problem, there are ramps to every level, because the whole thing was a cave (sadly without monster), going down to the first cavern.

Idlers are just the result of my "Only one labour for workers, hauling goes to useless people" policy, dont you dare to attack that! :D

And the snatchers, well, losses happen.

Edit: Scrap that, there was a ramp, totally accesible, but the dwarves refused to use it. Damn them :D Thanks for the look anyway
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 04:40:24 pm by Firehawk45 »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8575 on: January 14, 2013, 04:42:27 pm »

I usually have 90% of the fortress population do all the labor. Because only weapon and armor quality is imporant, all the rest doenst matter. And 100 dwarves doing something is a lot faster then 1 dwarf with a high skill doing it.

Anyway, seriously, check again. The poor miner is starved and dehydrated and cant go up. As soon as I dug some stairs everyone rushed downstairs to start stockpiling.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

SabbyKat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8576 on: January 14, 2013, 04:44:49 pm »

Hey Meph, is there any possible way to control what EVIL weathers can be chosen for a world? I know using Regional_Interaction and 'Evil Rain Types' in advanced gen do it, but they aren't reliable. Why? Let's give an example.

I set evil rain/interaction to 20-20 for sake of clarity. The game doesn't call '20 random evil rain types' - but the first 1-20 rain types, almost all of which are sentient race 'blood' from dwarf blood, to 'Ice Giant frozen Water' and similar. All blood has absolutely no chance of syndromes, which is what I'm after - a challenge. :P

meaning i have to set it to about 50 to get ANY chance of getting dangerous rains, while still likely only getting bloody. So basically, I can't control GENERALLY what type of 'syndromes' I could encounter. if it chose syndrome weather randomly, I could set 'evil rain: 3' and check a world until I encounter all 3 types of rain, and their syndromes if any. If I found a world that has some that are 'FUN!', I would then be able to find suitable places to inhabit in other biomes. Aka, I find yes, this world has THRALLING rain, but I find it in a desert, when I want a forest - I can now go hunt down all the evil forests for a spot, as i Know that rain exists in the world. Where if i have 50-100 types, it's a crap shoot trying to find a rain type i want!

So summarized, is there any way to alter what rain/cloud syndromes occur? Whether on a world for world basis, or just in general? If not, would you/could you make functions to do this?

To my understanding, you view evil biomes as the 'hard mode' of the game, and good biomes, the 'easy mode'. But trying to get an actual HARDMODE start, has taken me so far, 32 hours across 5 days, and I STILL can't find a area with a strong syndrome from rain (like boiling, rotting, unconcious, etc etc) along side undead. >.>!

Now, for some random off topic questions/notes/feedback.

#1 Having good/evil caverns as your list suggested... DO IT! Do it do it do ittt! :P These done right, could add so much more depth to the biomes. If the above ground is bad? meh! I just go into the caverns, wall it up, and I'm safe and happy. Try that with an evil cavern... and you don't need to make 'good' caverns safe, just... 'twisted good'. Demented good... if you get what I mean. :p

#2 The rune that lets you 'destroy undead' - does it affect thralls/husks? If not, could you make it do so at a lesser chance (to keep their danger), or make an alternative rune to kill husks/thralls, at say a 5% chance to still keep them dangerous, but give us some sane method to deal with a rampaging army of thralled kittens of doom? :P I'd prefer to have a chance to get a obsidian sword or something slapped onto a dwarf, with this rune on it and pray for a lucky strike, then just turn over dead when my unprepared fort gets rampaged, or better yet, when an ENTIRE DAMN SIEGE OF MINOTAUR turns into thralls....... yes. I had this happen. Full volcanic gear, I just couldn't kill anything before my 40+ man army was obliterated and eaten alive ._.

#3 evil 'rains' are supposed to be a hazard to the player, but I find them a handicap, and make the game even easier. Why? if you use a bit of save-hopping to avoid getting rained on at the start, and cover your wagon with a roof before rain hits, you're generally safe. that's fine... but when siegers come, most don't have boots/shoes, and they touch the rain on the ground. I watch sieges of 120-200 walk in, touch the rain, and the entire siege just die from internal blister/bruising rain, without me lifting a finger. It kind of makes that super deadly rain, an unfair advantage and takes AWAY a lot of danger.

#4 in embark screen, butimous(?) coal costs only 3 points per. That's what? 9-14 fuel, for 3 points, the cost of ordinary stone? While anthracite, which is what? 12-16 fuel? costs 15 I believe, 5x the cost for 25% the difference. Seems like a balance issue. (shooting myself in the foot pointing this out :P)

#5 A thought for making 'evil' biomes more... FUN!, you could add random pockets of material that spawn only in evil biomes that could perhaps spawn clouds of dangerous syndromes when mined/walked near, or even spawn smaller undead creatures that are kind of 'invasions' from the inside of the fort... ;) Really make you feel that fear, when hunkered down...

And I'll stop here, before you cry in frustration at me and my annoying ideas/suggestions. Hopefully, you (or someone!) can help with the weather issue, as I'm LOSING MY DAMN MIND! 30+ hours generating worlds, embarking, watching for weather, and cursing as I find it just makes me DIZZY! >.> *shakes fist*

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #8577 on: January 14, 2013, 05:07:21 pm »

An idea for more evil version of reanimation effect in evil biomes. "Maggot infection", every corpsepart instead of coming alive explodes in gore and creates a creature which breaks down into parts and summons maggots from them before dying. Voila, one bodypart, tons of small creatures with very sharp pincers and some evil syndrome. Ofc make maggot remains not affected by this, or you will die of FPS death.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8578 on: January 14, 2013, 05:24:25 pm »

@sabbykat: Love the long report.
So summarized, is there any way to alter what rain/cloud syndromes occur?
Yes, simply set rain to 0, and then add your own custom rains. This is how Naryars Demon mod works, or Xangis Fear the night. You remove all the demon types, add only your custom demons. (demon mod) They dont care for the number in worldgen. You remove all werebeasts and vampires, add your own ones.(fear the night) Same thing you can do with the weather. Remove all rains, add your own 3, deadly, almost deadly and little bit less deadly. You now only have these three.  Its a lot less work then 30+h of embarking.

1. I first have to check if the evil plants and mosses work underground. I know I cant make specific interactions for caverns, that does not work.
2. It affects everything that hsa opposed to life. Husks and thralls included.
3. They also kill traders and diplomats. And migrants. Its only fair that they kill invaders as well. Your custom rains could only affect dwarves however, if you want this.
4. Ok, will be balanced.
5. Cant make inorganics with good/evil tag. Would be awesome, but doesnt work. I actually never tried, and will give it a go, but 99% sure that its not a supported tag. Trees I can do. Trees that if felled spawn an undead/evil treant creature, or release poisonous gas... thats possible. The gas only in cavern 2 or 3, because otherwise traders arrive with barrels/bins made of the poisonos-gas-wood, which is a stupid AI quirk. Otherwise the mod would have those.

@deon: FPS was the first thing that came to mind ^^ But sounds like an awesome idea, depending on how good or bad I can implement it. I could also make corpses turn into groups of vermin that eat your food and bite people with special syndromes.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #8579 on: January 14, 2013, 05:29:55 pm »

Quick question: Does anyone use White Copper? It seems to be the only thing I can make with the resources I have in my new fort, and it seems to be pretty impressive according to the charts in the help guide, but I've never used it. I don't want to outfit my military then find it works as well as copper for armor!
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian
Pages: 1 ... 570 571 [572] 573 574 ... 749