Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 554 555 [556] 557 558 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1838204 times)

Varyag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2d - Alchemy/Chemistry Poll
« Reply #8325 on: January 09, 2013, 08:41:39 pm »

@jellyman, try removing the repeat instruction before cancelling it, if you try cancelling with repeat on it just suspend it. I think this has something to do with the workflow plugin and in my mind works as intended.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8326 on: January 09, 2013, 09:35:09 pm »

That repeat behavior is related to the DFHack-workflow, it confused me too.  You can Suspend like Varyag suggested or you can tab over to the DFHack terminal and disable workflow.  I forget the exact command but try "workflow disable" or "workflow ?"

Omeganaut

• Bay Watcher
  • eshimdomnothry (FreedomSlavery)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8327 on: January 09, 2013, 10:37:42 pm »

I was looking through the raws at the creatures and noticed this one small thing

Were-panthers identify ingame as werewolves because of
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Now, this wasn't big enough to post on its own, but then I genned a world, and found there to be no dogs available, but there were ironclad dogs available.  I looked through the thread and notice a similar complaint before, so its obviously happened before...  and yes, I just downloaded this version today and I promise I did not touch dogs nor armored animals at all when giving a few more animals [COMMON_DOMESTIC]

My extended sig
Includes the one and only !!DrunkFortress!! quote anthology.
Also: Bay 12 Archeology!  I bring the word of Bay12.  And the word is despair
I'm back, but I can't be consistant enough for games... Sorry!

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8328 on: January 09, 2013, 11:12:42 pm »

Using the 2d version, clean install, ascii tileset, and whenever I set any workshop to repeat order that order seems to be there forever and cannot be removed by cancelling, at least in the display, although when I run out of raw materials the order seems to be cancelled as far as DF game logic is concerned (no further attempts to follow the order, no announcement spam, just the first 'job cancelled due to no material').  Setting the workshop to be removed temporarily clears the order list, but when I leave the workshop and come back the old orders are there again.  Seems like an engine not mod issue, but I didn't notice this fairly obvious problem when running 1.95.

This is existing functionality in the DFHack workflow plugin, to prevent the game from cancelling repeat jobs for various reasons. It doesn't know if the job was cancelled by the game or the player. I intend to change it in my version, so that if the player cancels the the job it does get cancelled. Should be available in the next update of my plugin.
Utility plugins for DFHack, for improving Dwarf Fortress' user interface.

Varyag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8329 on: January 10, 2013, 12:36:47 am »

"You can Suspend like Varyag suggested"

I think i was a bit unclear, if you press r and then c it should go away. As the task is no longer a repeat task you should be able to cancel it just fine.

jellyman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8330 on: January 10, 2013, 02:37:43 am »

Pretty much figured out the cancel/repeat behavior.  What makes things more difficult is display glitches where the R and S for repeat and S are missing for some tasks - those with long names as far as I can tell.

cAPSLOCK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8331 on: January 10, 2013, 02:52:36 am »

The colosseum transformations are a bit wonky, as I never was able to summon anything except toads, which was a bit odd. After about 10-15 failed attempts I abandoned the effort. Does anyone else have a problem summoning toads?
The flying -Wooden Bolt- strikes the Steel Clad Adventurer in the right foot, tearing the muscle and chipping the bone!

The Steel Clad Adventurer gives into pain.

The cAPSLOCK has become enraged!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8332 on: January 10, 2013, 03:07:59 am »

@cAPSLOCK: you tried summoning non-existing creatures, so DF takes from the first file it can finds, which is creature_amphibians, because its alphabetically at the top. You turned of several creature options in the GUI, and then tried summoning those creatures. Your error-log will show this. At least thats my prediction of what happened. If I am worng, please tell me, and have a look at your errorlog...

@Omeganaut: that is intended, as weird as it sounds.

@Zeebie: Impossibru, you can only get ambushes by entities. Golems are pets, yes, some entities might have access to them, but golems alone cant ambush you.

@vdpk7: 'You cant change settings in already generated worlds... The black lung cant be healed. Which is realistic. Mining is a high-risk job, people die. Just appoint more miners. ^^

@kääpiö: Thanks, I will check worldgen, and see if I can make the world a bit warmer... or try less civs.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Qwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8333 on: January 10, 2013, 04:42:11 am »

I glanced at the last few pages but didn't see - are there any compatibility issues with using a save from the last version with the current one? I'm guessing not, since the save would have its own raws, but I just wanna doubly make sure

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8334 on: January 10, 2013, 04:50:53 am »

You can play, but you wont have any of the new changes... so there is no reason to play an old save with the new version, except for the updated utilities.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Qwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8335 on: January 10, 2013, 04:52:52 am »

Okay, phew! I started a Let's Play on the previous version and I was worried I'd messed something up by moving the save over. :)

Umbra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8336 on: January 10, 2013, 06:47:10 am »

So yea, a drow caravan got ambushed and but they defeated the ambushers. However a merchant and a drow spearguard seem to be bugged and they arent leaving.

About a year passes when a siege of around 30 various kinds of frost giants riding war unicorns and giant bobcats come. This lone drow spearguard not only makes a stand but he massacres half of the unicorn riding giants and the other half proceed to flee for their lives. I had a laugh when he cut a unicorns tail off and the poor thing fled leaving a trail of blood.

Are drow spearguards OP or is this guy just a total badass?

Edit:typos
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 06:50:20 am by Umbra »

Bloax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8337 on: January 10, 2013, 06:50:52 am »

Well there is a tale of a cavern bird-ish man (can't recall at all) who singlehandedly defeated multiple forgotten beasts.
..With just a wooden staff.

So it may very well be that just exactly this one guy is a legend.

oh_no

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8338 on: January 10, 2013, 07:01:12 am »

It is also because I made drow quite epic. On purpose, you should never raid their caravans, because they will ambush/siege you, and you really dont want this to happen. But one drow against a frost giant siege sounds quite epic. You should name him Drizzt. :)

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8339 on: January 10, 2013, 08:24:01 am »

@Zeebie: Impossibru, you can only get ambushes by entities. Golems are pets, yes, some entities might have access to them, but golems alone cant ambush you.

There were goblins that appeared on the map shortly thereafter, so the golems belong to them? That's quite an upgrade for the little greenskins!
Pages: 1 ... 554 555 [556] 557 558 ... 749