Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 553 554 [555] 556 557 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1838135 times)

somebears

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2d - Alchemy/Chemistry Poll
« Reply #8310 on: January 09, 2013, 08:13:33 am »

in .2d (the linux version) "Not Striker" appears twice in the embark screen. Putting points into it increases both to "Novice Striker" and so on.

richieelias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8311 on: January 09, 2013, 08:16:13 am »

Should the mining picks have an edge?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yup. Most Pickaxes have two edges. A pointed edge and a flattened reverse edge usually for prying.

firons2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8312 on: January 09, 2013, 10:03:23 am »

Hey meph thought about adding a blunderbuss?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 11:40:30 am by firons2 »

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8313 on: January 09, 2013, 10:30:09 am »

in .2d (the linux version) "Not Striker" appears twice in the embark screen. Putting points into it increases both to "Novice Striker" and so on.
I can reproduce that.
Unless Meph can find some error in the Dwarf Raws this is probably a Vanilla bug.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #8314 on: January 09, 2013, 10:51:08 am »

It happens when you have a weapon that uses the striker skill, I think. It's entirely harmless.

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8315 on: January 09, 2013, 11:46:39 am »

It's entirely harmless.

Thats what i thought opening the SCP-Site.... Then i saw 103, and i was terrified.

Anyway, last fort went to hell... Quite literally, a demon spawned in it and the militia was not up to par.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8316 on: January 09, 2013, 12:12:35 pm »

My Masterwork doesn't want to generate me Icy Myr. So far it has rejected about 150 regions, and after about every 40 it pops a message saying something about being unable to place farming civilizations. When I press "Allow this", it goes on for another 40 and pops the message again. Why is this, and how can I fix it?

Glacial world? I got to 7 rejects before giving up because that alone took almost 5 minutes per reject. I never got a message.

vdpk7

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8317 on: January 09, 2013, 01:29:58 pm »

Hi guys, just wondering if its possible to change a misc. setting like harder mining on a save game with the launcher?

Also does know if the cure for rotting lungs from mining coal?

Thanks

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8318 on: January 09, 2013, 01:46:47 pm »

Yeah, personally i don't usually use Harder Mining, warpstone is OK because you can avoid it but I don't care for the part where your coal miners get so debilitated.  It would be very cool if your doctors could medicine them back to health (and maybe this is so).  But  I don't *think* there is a medical solution. 

There is a possible homeopathic remedy though (spoilered for cheating)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Urist McUristson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8319 on: January 09, 2013, 03:44:50 pm »

Have you changed anything with the way channeling works this release?  Miners are getting hurt when channeling, either from falling down the slope or the rocks created falling on them I would imagine.  Also damage happening when deconstructing a wall or floor sometimes. Would guess from falling wall/floor component.

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8320 on: January 09, 2013, 03:54:24 pm »

Have you changed anything with the way channeling works this release?  Miners are getting hurt when channeling, either from falling down the slope or the rocks created falling on them I would imagine.  Also damage happening when deconstructing a wall or floor sometimes. Would guess from falling wall/floor component.
That is a Vanilla bug introduced by some change made by Toady to the game.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8321 on: January 09, 2013, 06:51:45 pm »

Meph, I just got an ambush of prototype war golems!  Are they part of the automaton civilization?

Thudde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8322 on: January 09, 2013, 06:52:26 pm »

I don't use harder mining either, but I use all the other options.  I don't mind my miners getting ill or hurt, but when one hit can kill all my miners (since they are often near each other),  I get annoyed.

Urist McUristson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8323 on: January 09, 2013, 08:14:17 pm »

That is a Vanilla bug introduced by some change made by Toady to the game.

I am aware that was the case at one time, but I've played several forts the past few releases and it hadn't been an issue.  It only just popped up again after 2d release.  Perhaps just a fluke.

jellyman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8324 on: January 09, 2013, 08:37:01 pm »

Using the 2d version, clean install, ascii tileset, and whenever I set any workshop to repeat order that order seems to be there forever and cannot be removed by cancelling, at least in the display, although when I run out of raw materials the order seems to be cancelled as far as DF game logic is concerned (no further attempts to follow the order, no announcement spam, just the first 'job cancelled due to no material').  Setting the workshop to be removed temporarily clears the order list, but when I leave the workshop and come back the old orders are there again.  Seems like an engine not mod issue, but I didn't notice this fairly obvious problem when running 1.95.
Pages: 1 ... 553 554 [555] 556 557 ... 749