Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 550 551 [552] 553 554 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1838076 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2d - Alchemy/Chemistry Poll
« Reply #8265 on: January 07, 2013, 09:23:18 pm »

@masceus: Well. Fuck. I got this report before, and linked it to the workflow plugin of falconne, who fixed a lot of bugs. Are you using any workflow dfhack stuff? If not there must be another source. Could you do me the favor of starting Dwarf Fortress without DFhack and see if it happens ?

To start without dfhack just remove the sdl.dll in the dwarf fortress directory, and rename the SDLreal.dll to sdl.dll. Just for one startup, you can put the old sdl.dll back afterwards.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Masceus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8266 on: January 07, 2013, 09:35:13 pm »

@meph: Yup, that definitely fixed it, must've been the workflow plugin I guess.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8267 on: January 07, 2013, 09:36:31 pm »

In that case thanks for the report, and it would be great if you could send me your save. I will give it to falconne, the author of the plugin, and send hima  report. Hopefully it will help him narrow down on the issue and fix it.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8268 on: January 07, 2013, 11:37:19 pm »

Hm, I've noticed when trying to make bins, I hit n 10 times (for 10 bins), and the 11th time I hit it it crashed the game. Its done this every time I've tried. Huh?

Are you using the very latest MasterWork release? This should not be happening any more unless your installation is older than the latest (or the installation of the latest wasn't complete).

Try pressing any of the other workflow hotkeys (such as 'g') while tracking is turned off. Does that cause a crash too? If so, either you're on the previous version, or this is a different cause. In which case I could use your save to debug it.
Utility plugins for DFHack, for improving Dwarf Fortress' user interface.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8269 on: January 08, 2013, 02:42:00 am »

@falconne: Disregard this, it is an old version of the mod, 2c. Not the new one.

JodGap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8270 on: January 08, 2013, 02:54:33 am »

Masterwork's Manual - help required

Related new thread:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121453.0

aenri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8271 on: January 08, 2013, 03:11:13 am »

I believe I found a bug in v2.d - in reaction_masterwork.txt all reactions for Magma Crucible are for [BUILDING:MAGMA_CRUCIBLE:CUSTOM_H]
but in building_furnaces_masterwork.txt the name is [BUILDING_FURNACE:CRUCIBLE_MAGMA], so I didn't have any reactions in my Magma Crucible. When I changed it to CRUCIBLE_MAGMA, it has been fixed.

Sorry, if it has been already reported.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8272 on: January 08, 2013, 03:37:25 am »

@aenri: Ehm.. no ? The building is MAGMA_CRUCIBLE and the reactions go to the same one. Really, I just unpacked the rar and checked. This was a bug in v2, and was fixed then. I dont mean to sound mean, I do like to get reports about things that are broken, but something must have been done wrong on your end. Like I said, this is not an issue in V.2d, V.2c or V.2b
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 03:42:06 am by Meph »

CheatingChicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8273 on: January 08, 2013, 04:19:37 am »

There is a small problem with embark equipment. My dwarves dont seem to take cloth items at all in their default embark list, i have to add all of them manually

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8274 on: January 08, 2013, 06:29:26 am »

How is that different from vanilla, and/or a problem? I dont know any reason why anyone would want cloth items OR take use the default embark. ^^

I also have no clue how to do the slag clutter. The entire system of cluttering workshops is different from how it is described in the wiki. I gave slag ridiculus numbers, each item is 5 MILLION weight. First 50 of them wont clutter the workshop. One mithril bar weights 6. 250 million weight in slag would mean 41,6 million mithril bars. So its not the weight, as the wiki states. Its also not the volume, because I tried with custom tools with an enormous size, same thing. The calculation must include item amount in some way. This means I cant clutter workshops with just 10 bars or so, like I planned.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8275 on: January 08, 2013, 08:00:42 am »

I also would like to make a report. I got two bugreports about silk cocoons from moths not being harvested, as well as scales from drakes going to the refuse pile and not being used in the tanner.

I tested both things. Both reports were wrong. And both features work like intended.

The silk moths give cocoons, if the hives are set to gather produce and you have jugs, and are automatically made into silk thread in the kitchen.
The drake scales go to the refuse pile, yes. Skin in vanilla does that as well. That is normal. The scales are accepted in the tanner, and tanned into rigid scaleplate.

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8276 on: January 08, 2013, 08:05:25 am »

scales from drakes going to the refuse pile and not being used in the tanner.

Was kobold camp, meph. it wasnt "auto tanning" could tell them to tan a skin and they'd get on it.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8277 on: January 08, 2013, 08:41:02 am »

Because its not a skin, but a scale... ^^so its just the problem that kobols miss the specific tanning reactions... not that I broke the drakes. Good to know :P

Edit: What is also good to know is the fact that plants are read out from the raws from bottom to top. Just sorted them alphabetically, so find out that they are now sorted alphabetically backwards ingame. -.-²
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 09:23:59 am by Meph »

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8278 on: January 08, 2013, 09:29:29 am »

Edit: What is also good to know is the fact that plants are read out from the raws from bottom to top. Just sorted them alphabetically, so find out that they are now sorted alphabetically backwards ingame. -.-²
Sounds like it's cut and paste time.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8279 on: January 08, 2013, 09:34:03 am »

Yeah, with 42 plants x3 (phoebus, ascii, ironhand)... but no, now is sleep time. :P But at least I did a little bit today:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 550 551 [552] 553 554 ... 749