Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 549 550 [551] 552 553 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1838027 times)

JodGap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2d - Alchemy/Chemistry Poll
« Reply #8250 on: January 07, 2013, 05:09:01 pm »

I need a volunteer to review the "new" Mastwerwork manual, PM me

D1g1talDragon

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8251 on: January 07, 2013, 05:26:36 pm »

It is coming soon, by the end of today I just uploaded it to Meph.
I had to wait for a dfhack plugin to compile on Linux again to make the update.

Unless you mention a specific script by path and name no changes can be made since I don't know what is giving you problems.
I don't really know what you mean by "macro" either, I will guess by your mention of soundsense that you mean scripts to start Dwarf Fortress or other utilities.
You also need to explain what the problem was and what your fix does before I will consider making any changes.

The soundsense script is terrible to begin with since it has DOS line endings.
The soundsense setup page linked in the manual details how to fix that.
Direct any complaints about that script to the soundsense thread as instructed in the manual.

Please go to the soundsense thread for help if you have problems with soundsense.

The macros are vanilla functionality, but Masterwork adds a few custom ones to speed up certain functions. They are stored in Masterwork/Dwarf Fortress/data/init/macros, and also contain the DOS line endings, which was the issue I was pointing out. Soundsense can be fixed by stripping them out of the shell script with the command I posted above. At least that worked for me.

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Macro

Just to be clear, I totally appreciate the work you do, and wasn't complaining about anything on your end or blaming you for any of these issues. Just thought it would be nice to have these files fixed in the actual package so folks don't have to figure out the issue again.

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8252 on: January 07, 2013, 05:54:38 pm »

It is coming soon, by the end of today I just uploaded it to Meph.
I had to wait for a dfhack plugin to compile on Linux again to make the update.

Unless you mention a specific script by path and name no changes can be made since I don't know what is giving you problems.
I don't really know what you mean by "macro" either, I will guess by your mention of soundsense that you mean scripts to start Dwarf Fortress or other utilities.
You also need to explain what the problem was and what your fix does before I will consider making any changes.

The soundsense script is terrible to begin with since it has DOS line endings.
The soundsense setup page linked in the manual details how to fix that.
Direct any complaints about that script to the soundsense thread as instructed in the manual.

Please go to the soundsense thread for help if you have problems with soundsense.

The macros are vanilla functionality, but Masterwork adds a few custom ones to speed up certain functions. They are stored in Masterwork/Dwarf Fortress/data/init/macros, and also contain the DOS line endings, which was the issue I was pointing out. Soundsense can be fixed by stripping them out of the shell script with the command I posted above. At least that worked for me.

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Macro

Just to be clear, I totally appreciate the work you do, and wasn't complaining about anything on your end or blaming you for any of these issues. Just thought it would be nice to have these files fixed in the actual package so folks don't have to figure out the issue again.
Okay so the sed command you posted just removes the DOS line endings and does not replace them with UNIX line endings if I understand you correctly?
I doubt that is what you mean since that would put everything on the same line.
I never use sed (or awk and others) so I can't interpret the command myself.
I go straight to a programing language like Python and skip shell scripts for things like that since I find those command line regex like programs to be to be too imprecise in their function (to many edge cases).

It's strange that the Macros don't work with DOS line endings since Dwarf Fortress handles them just fine in the raw files and settings files.
I will look into a scripted way to convert the DOS line endings of all text files in the "data" folder for future releases.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

D1g1talDragon

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8253 on: January 07, 2013, 06:02:20 pm »

Okay so the sed command you posted just removes the DOS line endings and does not replace them with UNIX line endings if I understand you correctly?
I go straight to a programing language like Python and skip shell scripts for things like that since I find those command line regex like programs to be to be too imprecise in their function (to many edge cases).

It's strange that the Macros don't work with DOS line endings since Dwarf Fortress handles them just fine in the raw files and settings files.
I will look into a scripted way to convert the DOS line endings of all text files in the "data" folder for future releases.

It simply replaces DOS line endings with UNIX style endings. It actually looks like it's the exact fix recommended in the SoundSense wiki you linked, and without converting the macro files as well they won't load properly.

If you have a python script to take care of it for you, awesome. This was the only real bug I've seen so far in your release. Thanks again!

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8254 on: January 07, 2013, 06:08:41 pm »

It simply replaces DOS line endings with UNIX style endings. It actually looks like it's the exact fix recommended in the SoundSense wiki you linked, and without converting the macro files as well they won't load properly.

If you have a python script to take care of it for you, awesome. This was the only real bug I've seen so far in your release. Thanks again!
The python script should be simple to write.
All I have to do is combine my "walk through directories recursively" code with.
Code: [Select]
file_with_unix = file_with_dos.replace("\r\n","\n")
I just needed to lookup that "\r\n" is what DOS line endings look like to python.
I will include the python script with the Linux version in case someone needs to run it again.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

cAPSLOCK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8255 on: January 07, 2013, 06:23:53 pm »

Also just found out that turning off werebeasts and not messing with caves makes worldgen crash when it starts placing caves. I wouldn't worry about that right now tough  :D
The flying -Wooden Bolt- strikes the Steel Clad Adventurer in the right foot, tearing the muscle and chipping the bone!

The Steel Clad Adventurer gives into pain.

The cAPSLOCK has become enraged!

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile
« Reply #8256 on: January 07, 2013, 06:42:49 pm »

Just trained a few gorillas to war gorillas.  War gorillas uses the sprite for cows/bulls.  I'm not 100% sure which sprite it uses, since I don't often uses cows or bulls, but war gorilla is definitely using the sprite of one of them.

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8257 on: January 07, 2013, 06:55:44 pm »

@meph - i totally put dogs back in, fixed the automatons, copied my sprite fixes over, and did a few other things... it's not that hard! i just generated an awesome world and am looking forward to exploring it =D thanks for everything man -
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8258 on: January 07, 2013, 07:17:09 pm »

I will include the python script with the Linux version in case someone needs to run it again.
I uploaded a new version to Meph that fixed the DOS line endings for files that are know to have them and cause problems.
This is the script I wrote to automate the process of doing that if anyone needs it before the new version gets uploaded to dffd.
Code: [Select]
#!/usr/bin/env python2.7
# -*- coding: utf-8 -*-
"""
dos_to_unix by arclance

convert dos line endings to unix line endings.
Accepts the full path to a directory or single file as a commandline argument.
Directories are processed recursively.
The script makes no backups, you have been warned.
"""

import os
from sys import argv
########################
fileTypes = ["txt","ini","mak","sh"]
########################
def main(target):
if os.path.isdir(target) == True:
recursive(target)
elif os.path.isfile(target) == True:
fTypeMatch = False
fType = target.split(".")[-1]
for i in xrange(len(fileTypes)):
if fType == fileTypes[i]:
print(target)
inFile = open(target, "rb")
inData = inFile.read()
inFile.close()
if "\r\n" in inData:
print("DOS Detected")
outFile = open(target, "wb")
outFile.write(inData.replace("\r\n","\n"))
outFile.close()
#endif
fTypeMatch = True
break
#endif
#endfor
if fTypeMatch == False:
# only run on allowed file extentsions listed in filetypes to prevent use on non-text files
# show error if type is not in know list when specifying as single file.
print("Unknown File Extentsion")
#endif
else:
print("Invalid Input: Not A File or Directory")
#endif
#enddef

def recursive(inDir):
for dirpath, dirnames, filenames in os.walk(inDir):
for f in filenames:
#print(dirpath + "/" + f)
fType = f.split(".")[-1]
for i in xrange(len(fileTypes)):
if fType == fileTypes[i]:
print(dirpath + "/" + f)
inFile = open(os.path.join(dirpath, f), "rb")
inData = inFile.read()
inFile.close()
if "\r\n" in inData:
print("DOS Detected")
outFile = open(os.path.join(dirpath, f), "wb")
outFile.write(inData.replace("\r\n","\n"))
outFile.close()
#endif
break
#endif
#endfor
#endfor
#endfor
#enddef

if __name__ == '__main__':
if argv[1] == "cleanup":
# standard cleanup of new Windows to Linux conversion of Masterwork Mod
# give location of the root of the mod directory (contains "Dwarf Fortress" and "MasterworkDwarfFortress")
main(argv[2] + "/Dwarf Fortress/data")
main(argv[2] + "/MasterworkDwarfFortress/Utilities/soundSense/soundSense.sh")
else:
main(argv[1])
#endif
#endif
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 07:19:45 pm by arclance »
Sigtext

Rossol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8259 on: January 07, 2013, 07:58:53 pm »

ram still take armorplate to upgrade
sorry if already reported

D1g1talDragon

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8260 on: January 07, 2013, 08:32:12 pm »

I uploaded a new version to Meph that fixed the DOS line endings for files that are know to have them and cause problems.

Thanks Arclance! Looking forward to testing slag changes once Meph links the upload.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8261 on: January 07, 2013, 08:44:29 pm »

@Bloax: Kobolds will never dig stone, this is the one redeeming quality they have, that makes their playstyle unique.

@Dwarf_Eater: My bad, I didnt set the value down to 0... should of course be worth nothing. Is fixed.

@somebears: 2d is online now as well, thanks to Arclance.

@JodGap: Sure, you can post it, but I would open another thread, so it doesnt get lost in here...

@firons2: Dont ask me about dfhack things, ask in the dfhack thread, or falconnes thread about the workflow plugin.

@Labraid: I will have a look, but everything seemed fine when I tested it.

@slay_mithos: The Yes missing is just the text lengths, Researchers Study:Yes is one character too long for the button. About the grazing: Search function, has been asked 5 times by now.

@miko19: Its from a wiki page, where your friend got his picture too.

@smakemupagus: Posted in your orc fortress thread about everything important. :)

@Rossol: Thanks, that will be fixed.

@arclance: Thanks as well, the new linux version is online, although I would have hoped to do some bugfixing first. But its ok. :)

@capslock: thats weird... ^^ No idea what could cause it.

@kamikazi1231: Ehm... I didnt change anything in the graphics files, so either its a phoebus issue, OR I did add the trainable tag, and the trained version defaults to the first entry it can find. Funny bug, I have a look.

About the Training System: I personally thought that there were too many buildings in Genesis. A training for medical stuff, one for swimming, 2 entire buildings (gateball rockball) that dont do anything, and training dummy, and weight bench, philisophers garden, a library, a theater stage... All of them only related to training skills. I thought people couldnt keep an overview about what does what, so I centralised it into Libraries. All in one place. I am surprised that people want different training builings...

Is it because practical skills shouldnt be learned from books (like suturing, or swordfight) or is it because the library system is too complicated ?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Tally

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8262 on: January 07, 2013, 09:01:26 pm »

About the Training System: I personally thought that there were too many buildings in Genesis. A training for medical stuff, one for swimming, 2 entire buildings (gateball rockball) that dont do anything, and training dummy, and weight bench, philisophers garden, a library, a theater stage... All of them only related to training skills. I thought people couldnt keep an overview about what does what, so I centralised it into Libraries. All in one place. I am surprised that people want different training builings...

Is it because practical skills shouldnt be learned from books (like suturing, or swordfight) or is it because the library system is too complicated ?

Library system takes a lot of work and micromanagement, and also diverts resources away from the metal industry (ash is the easiest way to make ink). Also, the additional step of making textbooks to read a book (which is already bound) makes no sense. Granted, it can still be a much faster way to train dodge and other such harder to train military skills, and especially medical skills. It is still, however, a lot of investment into pumping up one dwarf's skills with no other benefit.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 09:03:13 pm by Tally »

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8263 on: January 07, 2013, 09:06:40 pm »

@meph - fewer training buildings is better. i like your occam's-razor approach =)
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!

Masceus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8264 on: January 07, 2013, 09:13:58 pm »

Hm, I've noticed when trying to make bins, I hit n 10 times (for 10 bins), and the 11th time I hit it it crashed the game. Its done this every time I've tried. Huh?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 09:21:36 pm by Masceus »
Pages: 1 ... 549 550 [551] 552 553 ... 749