Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 547 548 [549] 550 551 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1838002 times)

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2d - Instant Update for smake :P
« Reply #8220 on: January 06, 2013, 10:32:38 pm »

I went ahead an manually took off grazing on a few.  Sorry I missed the note in the update.  It makes me happy I helped figure out that automatons and giants are murdering eachother early on in world gen.  One thing interesting is I enabled frog men also and now I have a very balanced world of all races except a low number of goblins, which always happens, weak little creatures.  I haven't looked into legends yet but perhaps one or two easy fortress defense races gives the automatons and ice giants something else to war against?  It was a fully generated Scorching Shiv and from fortress position automatons and ice giants shared quite a bit of territory.  So they must have found something else to do with their time.  Either that or removing sneaking from automatons made them use larger forces against the ice giants? I'll go look up legends in a bit and report back.

While I do miss the dogs, mostly for thief detection, I almost always exclusively used golems and steel war mastiffs to guard key areas.  So I shouldn't miss them too much in this fortress, besides the lack of their delicious meat.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #8221 on: January 06, 2013, 10:52:23 pm »

So, how does the "double damage" on the adamantine rune work?

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8222 on: January 07, 2013, 12:10:31 am »

@moisesjns: Download works for me...

@Wrex: material weakness. [CE_MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:MAT_MULT:NONE:NONE:2:1] All materials to double damage. Used the same for the triple damage against megabeast or werebeasts. First hit affects the creature with the force_multiplier, all consecutive hits do double damage.

@kamikazi1231: You, thanks for the reports ;)

@ImmortalBrain: Same to you, feedback is always welcome and helps me balance the mod.

I just spend some time filling my to-do list with stuff for the next version. Dont know if I immediatly start working on it, I think I make a break for now. Wait for what kind of bugs/inbalances show up, and then have a go again in a few days.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

moisesjns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8223 on: January 07, 2013, 12:50:23 am »

I even restarted my PC and its not downloading. What the hell! i want to play the new version! lol this sucks it was working earlier on all the other dwarf fortress i just get the forever loading.  hmm  ill download firefox and try that than.

HA it finally worked. i had to wait for the download to start which took like 30 minutes and it downloaded in one second....
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 01:11:06 am by moisesjns »

Bloax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

oh_no

JodGap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8225 on: January 07, 2013, 01:39:29 am »

Meph, i like your work...
...so I made a gift for you...

http://i.imgur.com/mL7Nf.png
Interested?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 01:43:28 am by JodGap »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8226 on: January 07, 2013, 01:45:05 am »

I do like gifts, yes. But what exactly is it? It seems to be a merge of the GUI and the manual. Tell me more :)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

JodGap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8227 on: January 07, 2013, 01:51:01 am »

Its a fully-working offline webpage for the manual, i found the actual one really helpful. I did this one so it can be more detailed and easy to explore-navigate with.

It just needs some crazy dwarfs to add more information, the back-end is done.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #8228 on: January 07, 2013, 01:53:11 am »

Back in 1.9.4, digging into living rock only yielded the dust you get from ordinary rocks (For me, anyways). Will you check and make sure living rock and cave fungus aren't included in the reduced rock clutter thing?

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8229 on: January 07, 2013, 02:04:28 am »

I dont have to check, they are not, and never were connected to this. The ones that leave dust were clusters, containing small clusters of the solid versions.

@JodGap: Well, you could send me the backend and I have a look. I just did the manual, so I probably wont add all the info, but porting from the old manual wouldnt be too difficult I guess.

JodGap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8230 on: January 07, 2013, 02:21:30 am »

I will do it.
If you have more guides-information about your mod / creatures send me it.

I can upload the website to my koding.com account if you want to see it "up and running" and share the link with you...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8231 on: January 07, 2013, 02:23:44 am »

I thought it is offline ?

Well, I dont know how you want to go about it. Do you want to finish it ? Or post it as an open-source project, so that other people here in the forum can contribute to it ?

JodGap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8232 on: January 07, 2013, 02:57:05 am »

Koding is like google docs but for coders. Is not a "real" hosting atm
This is a gift for you, for use and edit as you please. We already have a wiki

I will send you a working version of the "Workshops" ready to be filled, ETA 10 min.

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8233 on: January 07, 2013, 04:03:35 am »

kobold camp works beautifully. although was getting goblin/kobold thieves interestingly enough

could take concubines on embark. although they did absolutely nothing. and without a male dwarf to reproduce.... - they also died of thirst sometime in winter when the ponds froze over. but the whole . we stole your kids we're kobolds *highpaw* rp feeling was gone

kobolds showed up with near dwarflike traders, offering stones and iron and whatnot you cannot mine.

i think some masterwork buildings could stand to be leaked in, but thats not the original intent of the mod =) - also drake scales were not -auto tan-

no way to deal with slag in kobold camps besides haul it off to make walls 1 square at a time.

had an interesting thing happened while making ice floors. i -think- one of my kobolds mined out the floor underneath the other. who proceeded to fall face first head skidding on the ground. and immidately died from the fall...while frail thats a bit much..

and why isnt slag firesafe lol had to make my magma furnaces out of ash.

i know probably isn't your mod to tinker with. just the basic fun report and random collection of thoughts for yeh meph

oh the kobolds have a training building for various skills... wouldnt mind a port for masterwork =) - deon has a few buildings in his as well for stats >:) , my random thought for those. is theres no way to cap a skillgain? like say a "Training dummy" trains swords, but only up to level 3 or something, be kind of silly to go to grandmaster training on a dummy. but then they are dwarves.... that could be one epic dummy...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2d - Alchemy/Chemistry Poll
« Reply #8234 on: January 07, 2013, 04:11:43 am »

I would love to hear more about kobold camp, I want to mod heavily on it. Have yet to play a fort with them though, but I can believe that they are weird atm, because they are smacked into masterwork, without any balancing. Any reports you have, anything that looks odd or could be improved on it.. leave me a note. I know Orc Fortress is really big and balanced and custom made for Masterwork, but Kobold Camp will need my closer attention.
Pages: 1 ... 547 548 [549] 550 551 ... 749