Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 539 540 [541] 542 543 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1837760 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2c - Update is there. Linux/Mac.
« Reply #8100 on: January 04, 2013, 03:56:28 pm »

The blast furnace is more expensive... it costs 10 steel bars to make, grates, leather for bellows... I will keep it more efficient at reducing slag.

There isn't a way to make the smelter produce only one bar of a specific metal with 100% chance at the moment unless someone can make a DFhack thing to do it.
Yes there is. I can simply use METAL_ORE:25 for one bar, 50 for two, 75 for three, and the normal 100 for 4. Or 200 to make 8 bars. How do you think I added the "for each 100 bars of metal you make, you get one iridium in the end" to the game? ;)

The limitation I was speaking of is the max weight of bars. For reasons unknown they cant exceed 1200. I would like them to be 12000. Doesnt work.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8101 on: January 04, 2013, 05:15:55 pm »

I've also noticed the default color settings seem a little different from the Mac version when using WINE. Anyone else notice this (especially arclance @Linux)? I know you can alter the settings somewhere.
I have not noticed color differences in WINE but I don't run Dwarf Fortress there very often.
You can change the color settings in "data/init/colors.txt".
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8102 on: January 04, 2013, 05:18:41 pm »

Massive picture coming along, some random features I have been working on. An ingame help to see which workshop needs which skill (works), the runesmith building, a remodelling of the Creature Research Study and Scientists Research Study... they are now the Researcher's  Study and the Architects Study. Better seperation of "working with items" and "blueprints" And I can finally give the architect skill something to do. :) And a Tailor (not workin yet)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8103 on: January 04, 2013, 06:16:26 pm »

The tailor is a great idea, I like it.

Another... weird report: My dwarfes butcher orcs and warlocks. Working as intended?

ScottS

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8104 on: January 04, 2013, 06:22:36 pm »

Love the mod, it brought me back to DF with a vengeance.  :)

Not sure if this is a bug, or if I'm doing something wrong.  Windows version, MW 2c, phoebus tileset.  I'm trying to extract adamantine strands.  I have a bunch of raw adamantine, a craftdwarf workshop, and a dwarf assigned to extract strands.  For testing purposes, this is a newly constructed workshop, and I've demolished all other craftdwarf workshops.  I've also forbade all but one piece of raw adamantine, and I have exactly 1 dwarf with extrand strands labor enabled.

I assign the job of strand extraction, either through the workshop or a manager.  The strand extractor hauls the raw adamantine to the workshop, immediately cancels the job saying "cancels extract adamantine strands: needs 150 raw adamantine", hauls the raw adamantine back to the stockpile, repeat ad nauseum.

If I examine raw adamantine, it shows extract strands as a possible reaction twice, and one of the two reactions is "unclickable".  I've got a screenshot if that will help.

A Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8105 on: January 04, 2013, 08:11:04 pm »

Ok this might be a dumb question but I just re-installed Masterwork after a 6month hiatus. I'm right next to like 4 bee colonies but see no option to produce a Hive at my craftsdwarf, masons or carpenter workshops.

vdpk7

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8106 on: January 04, 2013, 08:20:21 pm »

Hi guys, just wondering if its intended that chalk and some other stones doesnt show up anymore on the stockpile and stone screens even with the less solid rock option enabled.

also found this on the ironhand creature standard text which is different from the ones in phoebus, might be related to why the elves are disappearing on world gen.

Thanks.

[CASTE:FEMALE]
      [FEMALE][POP_RATIO:45]
      [MULTIPLE_LITTER_RARE]

[CASTE:FEMALE_ESSENCE]
      [FEMALE][POP_RATIO:10]
      [MULTIPLE_LITTER_RARE]
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 08:25:32 pm by vdpk7 »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8107 on: January 04, 2013, 08:25:32 pm »

@ A Dwarf: Just checked, they are definetly there. Craftsdwarf => Rock => Hive. Same for forges. Masons and carpenters never made any hives, ever, neither in the mod nor in vanilla DF.

@scotts: Thanks for the report. The extract metal strands will do the adamantine, but I did mess up the extract adamantine strands reaction. Every other metal uses bars for this, they have size 150, adamantine of course needs raw adamantine boulders, which have a size of 1. Currently the reaction thinks that it needs 150 raw adamantine boulders. Is fixed. (sometimes I am a slow learner, making the same mistakes again and again ^^) The second reaction that you see is actually the vanilla one, that is called "extract metal strands"

@firehawk: That has been in the mod since its existance :)

@vdpk7:
Hi guys, just wondering if its intended that chalk and some other stones doesnt show up anymore on the stockpile and stone screens even with the less solid rock option enabled.
This sentence makes no sense.  If less solid rock is enabled, of course they dont show up in the stockpiles...

Thanks for the ironhand find. Will be removed. :) Shouldnt have anything to do with elves dissappearing however. I dont know whats up with that.

EDIT: Disregard what I said, IT DOES. I wanted to delete all caste:essence, but must have misclicked and deleted the caste:male instead. elves had female and female castes, leading to no children. You totally fixed elves in ironhand. THANK YOU :)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 08:28:11 pm by Meph »

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8108 on: January 04, 2013, 08:45:28 pm »

Really? Man, Im clearly a veteran MW player, i know everything about the mod  :-\

Soo, what are your plans for the next DF release? Trees that grow horrible things? Skaven climbing over fortifications and murdering your Bowdwarfs, while the crossbowdwarves, the REAL Rangedwarves laugh about them?

dead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8109 on: January 04, 2013, 09:10:54 pm »

i love that the reaction now show which skill is needed ingame. that is an amazing feature. i often which skill i need to enable for certain reaction. this is awesome.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8110 on: January 04, 2013, 09:49:02 pm »

@firehawk: lol, if you ask me to name every feature of the mod, I couldnt do this either. ;)

Next release: No idea, I have a look when it comes out. Probably not too much, because Toady will follow up with 2-3 bug-fix and balancing versions shortly after that. I hope that trees can give items, because atm they only give logs. Even if I give them metal for example, it will be a wooden log, made of metal, which still counts as wood. Very strange behaviour. A lot of stuff I wanted to do and couldnt...

@dead: It was really easy to build in, I wonder why I havent done it sooner.

dead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8111 on: January 04, 2013, 09:56:51 pm »

@dead: It was really easy to build in, I wonder why I havent done it sooner.

you were busy engraving imagines of yourself eating cheese in other people's room. it's okay. we've all been there.

Tally

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8112 on: January 04, 2013, 11:23:38 pm »

As of right now I'm not sure if this is intentional, but I cannot find any stockpile option that will allow me to stockpile slag. At the very least, it makes getting rid of slag (at least without the exploitative way of quantum dumping) a more pressing issue, although also a very annoying one.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8113 on: January 04, 2013, 11:27:19 pm »

I already had feedback on slag and did this to change it:

Improved the slag system: Ores give 66% less slag now in the smelter. All custom furnaces produce "slag bar (massive)", which clutters the workshop faster, because it is heavier, but the total amount of bars is reduced. This means less hauling. Slagpits are reduced to 5x3 in size (from 5x5), to allow more to be build in a smaller area. Blast Furnace is efficient when it comes to slag, only 3 slag bars (massive) created for every 12 bars of metal.

Slag is not stockpiled by design. Otherwise people would just move it out of smelters into bins, and forget about it.

Tally

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8114 on: January 04, 2013, 11:32:50 pm »

Yeah, as it is in the currently released version, I don't like the slag mechanics because it gets really crowded really fast, without even having to mass produce metals to be overwhelmed.

On the upside, you can make tons of concrete without even trying, and it's faster than making other types of blocks. I should ask, though, is concrete magma-safe?

Also, with my current fort, I cannot seem to find any metal other than silver (even in the caverns), so maybe I'll see how far I can get with farming ironbark/steeloak, and fooling around with the transmutation chamber. Also, I'm doing something new and using the thatchery almost exclusively to make bins, for wicker's light weight.
Pages: 1 ... 539 540 [541] 542 543 ... 749