Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 536 537 [538] 539 540 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1837707 times)

kizucha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2c - Update is there. Linux/Mac.
« Reply #8055 on: January 03, 2013, 03:12:39 pm »

Thank you meph for answering aaaand i have a new question yet. :D I dont can find the wooden mechanism reaction in the craftsdwarf is it deletet? I only find the rock mechanism in the mechanics workshop. :)

Nevets_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8056 on: January 03, 2013, 03:32:11 pm »

Idea for a new Alchemist workshop reaction:

Cast obsidian:
Requires Tears of Armok, Blood of Armok, fire-safe bin.
Does not consume any reagents, produces 1 obsidian boulder.

And a question:
I'm not sure how much workshops tie in with DFHack, but I know DF Hack can spawn magma.  Would it be possible to make a workshop that was shaped like a pump (1 impassible tile and 1 passable tile, and have a reaction where it spawned 7/7 magma in the square past the impassible one?  So you could build it like you would a pump.  I'm assuming that impassable workshop squares also block liquid, but I may be wrong about that.

Code: [Select]
.#m#. - magma spawns here
.#W#. - Impassible workshop square
..w.. - passable workshop square (dwarf stands here)

Puddingkuchen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8057 on: January 03, 2013, 04:00:10 pm »

Tears of Armok are not always an Aquifer.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Settings: Aquifer off

dukea42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8058 on: January 03, 2013, 04:33:11 pm »

I had a dry tear too.  I wonder if it's changed for the new way of spawning water/magma via the spawn location and alchemist.

Really enjoying build V2c alot.  Things play smoothly, the workflow UI helps immensely, and I feel like I can work on fort design and observe dwarf-world interactions without having to worry about bugs, idle dwarves, or just mundane details so much.

In my savage land volcano embark I just had 2 named dragon raptors tear up 2 dwarves without blinking.  Wooden javelins used by the ranger just made things worse I think.  Poor loyal ironclad dog fought for 11 pages to bite every spot imaginable on one raptor before finally being bested.  Now my 12, er 10 dwarves have to fasion some quick rocktip spears for some prehistoric warfare as my metalworks isn't even dug out yet.
My posts are probably based on Masterwork DF mod

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8059 on: January 03, 2013, 04:39:24 pm »

@Puddingkuchen: Yeah, mostly if they have a corner that is revealed, like in the caverns... some dont get the aquifer, it is rare, but nothing I can do.

@nevets_: Obsidian can already be made, see crucible. Dfhack could probably do what you describe, but I cant program it. Lack of skill ;)

@kizucha: yes, they have been removed. craftsdwarf was a bit full, tried to empty it a bit. Will see if I can split some more, I plan a building for the shell/leather/scale/chitin stuff. Rangers Workshop or something like that. Suggestions welcome, I dont have a good name yet.

@firons: Bring a dwarf to the door... is a vanilla feature, and again, no idea what is going on in your fort ^^ no metting hall?

@immortalbrain: the ghosts I cant affect. would be interesting to see if he transforms into a ghostly bloodbeast. Could you test this, or did you already slab him?
treant and orchid seeds are free atm, because I want people to play around with the improved spawning system. I wanted more reports, like: Works better, works worse, everything is burning and I cant get the dog from the roof, stuff like that.

Platearmor accepts any helm/breastplate/greaves/boots. Too bad with the naming though... I wanted to do "carapace" instead of chitinplate, but I dont know what to do with shell and scale. Just keep them like that? "suit of scale armor", "scale helm" I just want to make sure people can distinguish between the raw material (scale) and the material used for items (tanned scale) If anyone has better names for shellplate and scaleplate, I am all ears.

I dont see a problem with decorating bone studs. Almost all the new items can be decorated.

Shell/Drakescale mixup.. I have a look. Should only be one tag somewhere. They all come from the tanner atm. Tan a hide also accepts scales, shells and chitin. I want to split that in future, to make it more obvious. And maybe add fur. But all that is difficult, because I might edit all creatures for it.

Extract creature poison would be awesome, but could only be done with a workaround. I could add extra_butchery items to all venom bearing animals, and have the butcher produce it. I cant do extracts, because I cant tell the butcher to take a barrel to fill it in, but I could make a custom item, use the custom item in another building (slaugherhouse, kitchen, brewery, still?) to extract the venom there. A creature could give a item called "creature-name venom gland" for example. Again, a lot of work, would have to add this to all venom breaing creatures.

@firehawk: havent found a solution yet... dfhack itself prevents the one I wanted to use, with NOT_IMPROVED. Lets see if I can come up with something. I also have to think of Borderlands2 when I see your name since I played it.

@dukea42: sounds like everything is working like intended :) Dragon Rapter = Cagetrap = tame = awesome warbeast btw.

::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8060 on: January 03, 2013, 05:20:07 pm »

Now i googled that... damn, im apparently a female. When is the new DF version done, i wanna wipe elves from the furface of the world now :)

ImmortalBrain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8061 on: January 03, 2013, 05:35:29 pm »

@immortalbrain: the ghosts I cant affect. would be interesting to see if he transforms into a ghostly bloodbeast. Could you test this, or did you already slab him?
I'll see what happens and report. I dumped his body in magma so there is no way i can get rid of him.
I dont see a problem with decorating bone studs. Almost all the new items can be decorated.
Aren't bone studs only used to improve leather? They simply clutter my workshop and dont go anywhere while i waste useful materials on upgrading them. What is more, afaik the quality (and price) of Studded Leather is not affected by the quality of bone studs? didn't check that  :)
treant and orchid seeds are free atm, because I want people to play around with the improved spawning system. I wanted more reports, like: Works better, works worse, everything is burning and I cant get the dog from the roof, stuff like that.
Ah, didn't know you need feedback about that.  :)
Well, right now when i spawn treants i get tons of body parts spawning, attacking my dwarves (but not dealing any damage, dont know if they get any bad thoughts like "was recently attacked by the living dead", will check that later) and then they transform into treants. It....works. The strange things is that i get things spawned on diffirent Z levels. For example, i have now a TON of treants and orchids on my workshop level ~10 z-levels below spawn point while there is no way for those body parts to get there. I've also got an "inspiration cloud" once, running aroud my fortress and spamming (and i mean it, like 20 each second) orchids everywhere. I had to make a rollback because my whole map was covered in orchids.

I'll try to spawn landmines and turrets soon and give some feedback about them.

P.S. I am pretty sure i made some really stupid mistakes in this post. Had no time to check my spelling/tenses =). English tenses are kinda hard when your native language is russian  :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8062 on: January 03, 2013, 06:57:53 pm »

Yes, only for studded leather, but if you put 40 gems on them, why not use them as tradegoods ;) The studded leather is not affected by the quality of the studs, nothing ever is. Mods cant do that.

You can get rid of the ghost by engraving a slab... but please wait a bit, I am really curious about that one. :) Oh, and make a save and try to bring a Ward of Armok near him. Thats even more interesting. Just "ask for armoks help" in the temple, you will get a ward then. Drag it near the ghost...

The "spawning through z-lvls" is because of line-of-sight and extravision. I know the problem, but havent fixed it yet. And I never had the constantly spawning something, that sounds impossible ^^ I know, it happened, but I wouldnt even know how to do a creature that spawns endlessly.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8063 on: January 03, 2013, 08:41:40 pm »

New Linux update, arclance packed several utilities nicer, rewrote the linux manual section and managed to reduce the filesize by 8mb. :) Because there are no gameplay changes, I wont change the version number on it, least people get confused.

Runesmith is pretty much done. Here the effects for the coatings. You can coat any weapon, ammo or trapcomponent with each of those. That means if you pay one bar of each metal, you can add one weapon with all of those. This should finally give you a use for all these leftover metal bars.

• ADAMANTINE => double damage on everything
  • BISMUTH_BRONZE /// BLACK_BRONZE /// DEEPBRONZE /// BRONZE => 25% for crazed for a short time
  • CHROME /// PATTERN_CHROME => 10% chance for unconsciousness for a seconds
  • COBALT /// PATTERN_COBALT  => extra bleeding on hit bodypart for a few seconds
  • COPPER /// COPPER_WHITE => 25% for vomiting for a few seconds
  • IRIDIUM => 5% chance for instant kill, but the corpse gets destroyed.
  • IRON /// RHENAYAS_DARKLIGHT_IRON => extra pain on hit bodypart for a few seconds
  • GOLD /// ROSE_GOLD => removes no exert, no pain, no nausea, no dizziness, no fever, no emotion, paralyzeimmune and no fear from enemy for a few seconds
  • MITHRIL /// PATTERN_MITHRIL =>  25% chance of instant kill against undead beings (with opposed to life tag), corpse gets destroyed.
  • METEORIC_IRON => triple damage against megabeasts
  • PEWTER_FINE /// PEWTER_LAY /// PEWTER_TRIFLE => 10% chance for dizzyness for a few seconds
  • SILVER /// STERLING_SILVER /// NICKEL_SILVER => triple damage against all werebeast/vampires/mummies
  • STEEL /// STEEL_DROW => 50% to cough blood for a few seconds
  • TITANIUM /// PATTERN_TITANIUM => 10% for paralysis for a second
  • WOLFRAM /// PATTERN_WOLFRAM  => 25% speed reduction for a second

Metals I havend done yet, and might not do, are : ALUMINUM, BILLON, BISMUTH, BRASS, ELECTRUM, LEAD, NICKEL, PLATINUM, TIN, ZINC. Why? Currently the Runesmith has 3 pages full of reactions... adding these 10 metals will mean another 30 reactions and another 2 full pages. People would have to scroll a lot, and of course it would mean 10 potential syndromes more for each item. (EDIT: Oh, and also those: SLADE, SLAG , ORICHALCUM_ORC, RUSTY_IRON, RUSTY_STEEL, PIG_IRON, because they are either unavailable for dwarves, or otherwise unwanted, like the rusty metals)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 10:06:35 pm by Meph »

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8064 on: January 03, 2013, 09:15:51 pm »

Will the mac version of Masterwork work properly on 10.6?

I've also noticed when running the game on WINE, it doesn't launch the custom startup screen.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 09:18:23 pm by CaptainArchmage »
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Riun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8065 on: January 03, 2013, 09:21:50 pm »

You could make two building, one for soft, one for hard metals. Just to reduce the reaction mass. On that note, they praying for metal reactions are great. Now that there is the skillcloud, praying dwarves actually gain experience. As far as i observed, multiple shrines next to each other give all dwarves skillgain. I will do a preaching only fort next time I play, lets see if i can preach enough food/metal out :D

Colosseum is... fun. System is working pretty nicely, but i need to find a better way to station my military, so they dont get transformed by the cloud and loose all their equip. Also, them killing the transforming dwarves leftovers is kinda annoying.

In addition, treefarming worked flawless for me - grew, harvested, finished.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 09:25:43 pm by Riun »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8066 on: January 03, 2013, 09:39:46 pm »

Sometimes the replies I get here are weird. ^^

@CaptainArchmage: What custom startup screen ? There is none.

@Riun: Only the working dwarf gets the skillgain, not everyone in the cloud. I couldnt even do this if I wanted to ;) And let me know how much materials you can churn out... if it is too easy to get everything, I will reduce the chance. The praying should mostly be for moods. Or for 100 dwarves praying their beards out, to run a fortress. But if you can do it with 20 legendary apostles... I dont know... seems quite powerful since it is for free. More or less. ;)

Make a room for colosseum, make a seconed room, same size next do it, no walls in between, station dwarves in free space. Once I get that plugin going I have, this wont be a problem, and the colosseum will only affect one dwarf at the time. Precision, for once. :)

Thanks for the treefarm report. Could it be that you are going through all the features of the mod, one by one? ^^

EDIT: DONE. Works flawlessly.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 09:45:46 pm by Meph »

Riun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8067 on: January 03, 2013, 10:06:51 pm »

I dont want to start a big, long lasting fort with the rate of updates incoming. So i rather test out specific things/crazy stuff. All prayer embarked worked in theory, but sadly, i need to make some adaptions. Need to embark with hide root+brewable plant to make fuel, otherwise i cant use the prayed metal. Bone blocks from the butchered cats give me all the build mats i need, so my Embark profile will look pretty spartanic :D

I will edit in how much skill/metal I get in the course of a year as soon as its done.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8068 on: January 03, 2013, 10:13:19 pm »

I think its funny that people dont play long fortresses, or abandon their old ones, just because a new version came out. It makes no sense, it's like buying the ipad5 just because it came out, while having a perfectly good ipad4. The old version is only worse in relation to the new one, in it does not get worse in any way.

Toasting

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8069 on: January 03, 2013, 10:19:56 pm »

I just downloaded v2c and I can't make 2 handed weapons from steel, silver, iron, copper... normal metals.  Is this intended or am I missing something?  I can make 1 handed new weapons like the long sword but not 2 handed new weapons like the maul.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 10:33:07 pm by Toasting »
Pages: 1 ... 536 537 [538] 539 540 ... 749