Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 524 525 [526] 527 528 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1837314 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2b - UPDATE and POLL
« Reply #7875 on: December 29, 2012, 12:27:37 pm »

Yeah, go to the data/save/region your save is/raw/objects/reactions_masterwork.txt and replace all CRUCIBLE_MAGMA with MAGMA_CRUCIBLE. Thats it.

You might want to do that in dwarffortress/raw/objects/reactons_masterwork.txt as well, that way all new worlds dont have that problem anymore. Like I said, will be fixed next version. -.-

Manual: General changes done... working on building, 20% done...

EDIT; Oh, would there be an interest in making color-coded boulders ? I know some people use the brick oven for blocks, but you cant make furniture from blocks... something like taking a boulder, some mystery ingredient that is preserved, and voila, you get a boulder of your choosen color.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 12:32:44 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Molay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7876 on: December 29, 2012, 01:52:57 pm »

I got the say, diseases are a real pain to handle.

I was proud of my village. Huts standing. A wall of wicker with wicker doors (wicker bridge was a bit out of concept I thought). If someone bypassed the doors, he got cut to tiny pieces by my axewielding cannibals, awarding me a nice amount of bone stacks.
Everything was working fine, actually.

Then, those dwarves that came to colonize the land embarked on this island. They soon sent me willing peasants to do some work. When joining my tribe - to serve Armok, as I thought - they brought a gift with them. It was a dwarf. He was known as "Doctor Ingtakunnos", which means Doctor Twilighthooved. A nervous wreck eager to help everyone.

Then it happened. A soldier got wounded, which set in march the whole machinery of destruction that "doctor" would bring upon me.
It was the Militia Commander who they brought to the hospital, almost intact, just having a broken finger. Or toe. Or something minor like that. My new doctor, first of his kind in my village, immediately got to work. He diagnosed the Commander and began his work...

After a few days the commander was sick. He had fever. Weird, I've never seen that before. Could be a reaction to the wound, though. Nothing to worry about. My Commander was being fed and watered by multiple dwarves in that time, all eager to ease his pain, so he would soon decapitate some more goblins.

Then, it all happened very fast. Just twenty days later, my hospital was filled with feverish dwarves. They couldn't work. They barely moved at all. They just were resting in the hospital, about twenty of them. Twenty. All of them needed water and something to eat, of course. So I ordered my military off duty to tend to those sickelings, along with the rest of my peasantry. Bad idea, as I would soon discover.

Along all my peasants - except for the Thatcher, who didn't give a damn - all of my military dwarves were in the hospital. It was crowded. I was missing beds left and right. They were starving, dehydrated and most of all, feverish and didn't move.

As if they had a spy, goblins attacked me at that time. The doors were not closed. All but my thatcher were in the hospital, slowly dying. Then the goblins marched downward, as if guided by something, and killed everyone in the hospital in a matter of seconds. What a bloody mess.

It wasn't long before they found the thatcher, either...

Well, I had hoped for a long-lived fortress. Unfortunately, the diseases struck me. And I couldn't do anything against it, it seemed.
I might just go ahead and turn diseases off, then try anew. Was a fun experience nonetheless, but really, those diseases are hard to handle. They keep spreading over and over, worse than a tantrum spiral. The tantrum spiral at least has a chance to cause the death of those who cause it, and terminate it with a couple dwarves leftover. Not the disease. The disease keeps them crippled, starving, and spreads, all while prompting the healthy to tend to the sick, and infecting them in turn. And what medicine was I supposed to have against that?

Anyways, I got a nice idea of my cannibal village now and attempt again, hopefully having something worthwhile to tell about.

----

Edit: It would indeed be nice to have the ability to customize the color for furniture. I like customization. The more, the better - as long as the paint doesn't cause fever, that is.

Also, a quick question. I noticed that, with custom names > 9 chars, the actual job would not be displayed in the unit list anymore. Is there any remedy to that? If not, I might just keep my names shorter, so no worries :)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 02:15:25 pm by Molay »
The best alternative to having a functional steel industry is to have a really, really, really good hospital. And a lot of coffins.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7877 on: December 29, 2012, 02:32:24 pm »

Yeah, go to the data/save/region your save is/raw/objects/reactions_masterwork.txt and replace all CRUCIBLE_MAGMA with MAGMA_CRUCIBLE. Thats it.

You might want to do that in dwarffortress/raw/objects/reactons_masterwork.txt as well, that way all new worlds dont have that problem anymore. Like I said, will be fixed next version. -.-

Manual: General changes done... working on building, 20% done...

EDIT; Oh, would there be an interest in making color-coded boulders ? I know some people use the brick oven for blocks, but you cant make furniture from blocks... something like taking a boulder, some mystery ingredient that is preserved, and voila, you get a boulder of your choosen color.
An alternative is to have a workshop that makes furniture from blocks. I mod the furniture workshop to serve that purpose.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7878 on: December 29, 2012, 03:18:11 pm »

No making of furniture from blocks... mason makes 1 boulder = 1 item. If I allow blocks for furniture, it will be 1 boulder = 4 blocks = 4 items. That feels a bit cheaty to me. But I can do colored boulders, as I said.

Also, a quick question. I noticed that, with custom names > 9 chars, the actual job would not be displayed in the unit list anymore. Is there any remedy to that? If not, I might just keep my names shorter, so no worries
You can turn truetype off, press F12 ingame... changes the font of course, but otherwise you cant fix it.

About the diseases: I didnt know the fever made them stuck in bed. The idea is to ISOLATE dwarves btw, not send all your healthy ones into a hospital full of sick people. Sounds a bit... counterintuitive to me. The disease will stop after a while, the only dwarf that can cause it to start again is the original disease carrier. Isolate or kill him, and it will stop. But I plan on adding a system to the apothecarius to cure plagues...

Will you reclaim, or start something else ?
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

mensrea

• Bay Watcher
  • Bane of COMEX
    • View Profile
« Reply #7879 on: December 29, 2012, 04:04:40 pm »

Molay: have you considered building a large wicker representation of a person, filling it with animals and maybe a captured sentient or two and lighting it on fire? Seems like a rational way to ward off evil disease causing spirits.

Extra points if the wicker village has a large honey industry. Extra points if the sacraficed sentient has a fear of bees.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7880 on: December 29, 2012, 04:11:53 pm »

Why is it burned ? *ad infinitum.

EDIT: To add something sensible:

If you can survice 1,8mb, then I guess I have a new utility that I would like to include. :) ... edit: crap. unpacked it is 4,2mb. Thats 10% of the total mod size. Probably not going to happen.

Edit2: Japa reduced the size of the program by 40%, there was some not-needed stuff included. Nice, now it is an addition for sure :)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 07:12:16 pm by Meph »

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7881 on: December 29, 2012, 05:12:32 pm »

Well, hard drives nowadays happen to easily reach the Tera Byte, so 4MB is not that much, plus it's only 1.8MB of download.

At least the image seems really interesting, so you could just link it as a separate download in the launcher, like other stuff, maybe?
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7882 on: December 29, 2012, 05:34:49 pm »

I have links in the launcher and would like to add it there... and of course I would add it preinstalled, means 4mb. It is just a huge size in comparison to the rest of the mod. It portrays the worldmap from legends isometrical, isoworld is the name of the utility. Dont know how many people would use this...

Currently proof reading the manual... linux version done by arclance is here as well. :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7883 on: December 29, 2012, 06:13:26 pm »

MANUAL - Download me. Now. :P

It would be nice to get a bit of feedback, before I include it in the official download. What is missing, which parts are good, which ones are bad... which sections should have more infos, which ones less texts... any suggestions are welcome. :)

Have a look and tell me what you think. It is pretty much done. There are some sections that read like this: (feature currently not in the mod) or (feature prone to changes in near future), and the creature section is half empty, because that is a serious amount of work, and I cant remember the last time I got a question about any creatures...  besides that, this is what you get. Of course updated for the next release, including the expedition system. My next work would be the collosseum, since people voted second most for creature spawning. :)

EDIT: Oh, and the manual is for the modded version I have hear, so some slight things are different to your versions. DONT use this as the manual, I just wanted to get feedback before I add it to the main download, together with an update for the mod. In a few days... no now. ^^
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 07:00:50 pm by Meph »

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7884 on: December 29, 2012, 06:45:58 pm »

MANUAL - Download me. Now. :P

Saw this and just thought "YESSSS MASTEERRRR"

#NOTE also I noticed this duplicate body part thing extends to giant soldier ants as well as the drones. Funnily enough the queens are okay though.
Want screenshots?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 06:55:49 pm by Godlysockpuppet »

misiekm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2b - MANUAL Test Version. 99% done.
« Reply #7885 on: December 29, 2012, 06:51:29 pm »

Many thanks for the manual, Armok knows how much I craved for that :D

I've a single question so far after taking a look. As far as I understand, adding plates to Breastplate in Armory makes it into a Platemail, which is supposed to be better. Yet in the Weapons & Armor section, they're both listed as Armor lvl: 3. Is that a typo, or are they equal?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7886 on: December 29, 2012, 06:58:26 pm »

there is no armor lvl 4, and they are better. the armor lvl actually does NOTHING WHATSOEVER. It is just to tell the game that it is armor. All the other values are important.

I test the ants, no worries.

Oh, and the manual is for the modded version I have hear, so some slight things are different to your versions. DONT use this as the manual, I just wanted to get feedback before I add it to the main download, together with an update for the mod. In a few days... no now. ^^
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 07:00:35 pm by Meph »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7887 on: December 29, 2012, 07:49:22 pm »

Just posting here to follow and keep track of any comments on the new inclusion.

Bloax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7888 on: December 29, 2012, 08:05:43 pm »

What's really missing from the manual is the description of orcs, and all that comes with those - you also missed the katana weapons, as it seems.

You also seem to miss describing the variants of armor that are in the game, like Guardianplate/Reign plate/Paladin armor and Winged/Crusader Helmets.
On the topic of those, what exactly are they?

Oh, and just how heavy is Drakescale? A backpack weighs in at 25 units, which is quite heavy. (I mean my steel paladin armor is 24 units, go figure.)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 08:11:57 pm by Bloax »

oh_no

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7889 on: December 29, 2012, 10:31:32 pm »

Furniture from blocks please meph.. i know 1 boulder = 1 furuniture piece. where 1 boulder = 4 blocks.. but man.. them boulders are -so hard- to get...

eitherway your -still- gonna have an extra step in the process to have colored furinture - and i swear you could make most of the important stuff in the stonecutters anyway... just not cabs / chests
Pages: 1 ... 524 525 [526] 527 528 ... 749