Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 523 524 [525] 526 527 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1837234 times)

Molay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2b - UPDATE and POLL
« Reply #7860 on: December 28, 2012, 06:32:44 pm »

Thanks for your reply!

I had the pleasure of self-induced !fun! rather early (damn you, screw pump!) and started a new fortress. I can confirm that the quarry bushes are now being used for the wicker. Weird enough they didn't last time, though. But works fine now!

Finally I can get my stockpiles sorted out - I'm up for a fortress disguised by a wicker-village on top of the entry, along with sweet sweet bone furniture (and a more than exhausted butcher after that glorious hunt on nymphs, orangutans and tigers). Why mimic humans when you can mimic small humanoid crazed-cannibals, heh?

Also I wondered for the bone problem, if there is a way to tell the size of a stack. If so, wouldn't a reaction "Split bones" that creates an amount x of generic bones, where x is the size of the stack, solve that problem? I guess that's something that has already been tried, though :(

The best alternative to having a functional steel industry is to have a really, really, really good hospital. And a lot of coffins.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7861 on: December 28, 2012, 06:54:55 pm »

Bone stacks cant be modded... I know about it, but nothing you can do about it. Try chopping weapons, weaponstraps with sharp trapscomps or very deep falls... because every severed bodypart will count as reagent for the bonyards, after the rotted fully. That you you can get a handfull of reaction from each body.

I'm up for a fortress disguised by a wicker-village on top of the entry, along with sweet sweet bone furniture (and a more than exhausted butcher after that glorious hunt on nymphs, orangutans and tigers). Why mimic humans when you can mimic small humanoid crazed-cannibals, heh?

You should write a story about it, once it is done. Sound beautifully lovecraftian. I wonder what the traders think, when the goods are carried underground, instead of into the nice hatch huts...

And please report back to me about the stockpiling. I havent run DF yet, so if that one works as I described it, I dont need to test the thatchery ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

misiekm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7862 on: December 28, 2012, 08:22:55 pm »

Thanks for the earlier responses, but I'm still a bit stuck with my lack of elves.

I tried all the different Adv world presets, as well as some I'd created while playing with the Perfect World tool. No elves.
Disabled and reenabled elves, no dice.
Reset settings to default, nothing.
Added some elven fanatics, still no normal elves.

Then I disabled all civilizations except elves, and I couldn't gen a world. The tool would reach "Placing civilizations" or w/e that part is called, and then abort and start anew. Adding a single other civ, such as gobbos, fixes the problem, but creates another elf-free world.

I'll try the simplest option of redownloading the mod, but since the server is being wonky, I guess I'll just wait until tomorrow :)

UPDATE:
Turns out switching to the Phoebus tileset fixes the issue, and going back to Ironhand makes elves disappear again. Attempted 10 different gens on each, elves are always on with Phoebus and never there with Ironhand. :/
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 08:37:04 pm by misiekm »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7863 on: December 28, 2012, 09:18:00 pm »

That surpises me... I'll see what I can do with beyond compare, but the tileset options dont touch the entities... creature_standard.txt is replaces though... the thing is, goblins are in that file as well, so why do elves not work, but gobbos do ?

Ehm... wow. No idea yet.

Can anyone confirm this?
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Molay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7864 on: December 28, 2012, 09:20:59 pm »

I got around to test the stockpiles now, wicker gets stored just fine :)

My endeavour with the straw hut village is making progress, although slowly, since making wicker bales is like making stuff out of bone - a whole stack for a single bale. I didn't take that into account when I concluded that wicker was one of the quickest to acquire materials :/  [[ I admit, I didn't check for all stack sizes. Just occured that I checked with stack size 3 a few times]]

Also I learned a bit from my mistakes on embark (I sure need more seeds, since I don't get 'that many' per stack of wheat/bushes in return), and a lot more poultry to butcher for bones. Wish there were those peahens, which did grow in just one year.

I think once I figured out how I want to play it (I like roleplaying, even if it's just on my own :D), I might make some sort of diary. A stranded noble - mistaken for the messenger of Armok - which becomes the leader of those adorable, man slaughtering cannibals. Something like that.
With agriculture merely dedicated to wicker and ale.
And eggs merely dedicated for reproduction.
We eat meat. All kinds of it. All colors, too. Nothing else. Well maybe fish, if the fish attacks me.

Aye, but expect it to take some time before the diary starts, as I'll have to check much of the grammar, not being a native english speaker.

Edit: Just noted that with stacks > 3 I get two bales. So, is it like 2 [plant] for one bale and two seeds, rounded down depending on the stack size?

Edit 2:
Can anyone confirm this?
Sorry no, I play with phoebus and elves are as tempting a target as always, although less squishy.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 09:28:31 pm by Molay »
The best alternative to having a functional steel industry is to have a really, really, really good hospital. And a lot of coffins.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7865 on: December 28, 2012, 11:03:56 pm »

17 of 20 sections of the manual are done. The three big ones remain. "General changes", "Building" and "Industries". They will take a while...

Molay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7866 on: December 29, 2012, 05:39:59 am »

I figure there's lot of work behind those manuals. But, frankly, this makes the mod at least twice as awesome. One thing that uses to bug me with different mods is the distinct lack of documentation. You're doing an amazing job when it comes to this!

I was wondering about kobolds. Up to year 2 I didn't see any of them. They also were not listed in the embark screen. But they never were, in any of the 5 "premade" worlds. Aren't they supposed to show up early? Or are they just all extinct, like the old kobolds used to be?

On a quick side note, I was thinking about a new reaction that would be well welcomed: Craft Clothing Set. Reaction available at the clothier's workshop, available in 3-6 flavours (plant cloth, animal wool, silk and/or dyed plant cloth, dyed wool, dyed silk?), making a whole set of clothing for a single dwarf. The duration can certainly be adjusted to keep it balanced. I think it would be a nice little thing to have! Nothing you must hurry to implement, but nice nonetheless.

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7867 on: December 29, 2012, 07:29:01 am »

About all these workshops that have violent reactions. If I flood the room with 1 or 2 tile high of water, will these reactions still take place? I think one of those reactions simply says fire, as in the gunpowder one, will filling up the room with a little bit of water help neutralize it?

As for the spawn bottle deconstruction thing, has anyone found a way to do it without burning the poor sod deconstructing the spawn point dead? Is that even supposed to happen? I'm going to try putting pumps that pump away the magma from the spawn point and see if that saves the dwarf.

Dark Archon

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice Mathematician
    • View Profile
« Reply #7868 on: December 29, 2012, 08:13:56 am »

So, I played new version. Can't see most of the changes yet, but this mod is huge, so it's natural :) Included workflow script is magnificent - it took half of my micromanagment away! But I have one question - how can I use the magmatanker? Sounds like fun...
Maybe you are dreaming right now.

"Meh, what's scientific progress without a few dead planets?"

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7869 on: December 29, 2012, 08:15:24 am »

ok this is silly meph, on the loader - init file editor (utilities page obv) doesn't work out of the box ( i presume you have to install it to get it registered on the system) the error reads " Component TABCTL32.OCX or one of its dependancies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid (the install does infact have the file with it in the folder)

the link to quickfort is a link to http://sun2design.com/quickfort/

more testing..

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7870 on: December 29, 2012, 09:24:43 am »

Okay a quick bug report;
No. 1: Yet again, reporting the error in golems descriptions. All are described as having been equipped with a spear.
No 2: Giant drone ants. my god... The amount of duplicate body parts these things have. Have a look at them!
Anyhow, loving things so far! keep the updates rolling!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7871 on: December 29, 2012, 11:18:16 am »

About all these workshops that have violent reactions. If I flood the room with 1 or 2 tile high of water, will these reactions still take place? I think one of those reactions simply says fire, as in the gunpowder one, will filling up the room with a little bit of water help neutralize it?
Ehm... that is a good idea, and I have no idea what would happen. Many of these reactions use syndromes, so they should still affect dwarves. Obviously the room cant burn down, but I dont think that water can stand IN a workshop, so the dwarf and the materials in the workshop could still be affected. On the other hand, the burning dwarf only has 2 tiles to move to safe himself.

As for the spawn bottle deconstruction thing, has anyone found a way to do it without burning the poor sod deconstructing the spawn point dead? Is that even supposed to happen? I'm going to try putting pumps that pump away the magma from the spawn point and see if that saves the dwarf.
Try this thread http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=110569.msg3481852#msg3481852 for all kinds of info. Other then that: Build a support/pillar. Build spawn location on top of the support. Link support to lever. Pull the lever. That works. :) You can either build a lot of them in a channel to fill it up, or a wide corridor with a single file of supports and those magma-holding spawn locations, and pull the lever when the ogblin army walks by ;)

I was wondering about kobolds. Up to year 2 I didn't see any of them. They also were not listed in the embark screen. But they never were, in any of the 5 "premade" worlds. Aren't they supposed to show up early? Or are they just all extinct, like the old kobolds used to be?
Kobolds civs never show up... they are skulking and have utterances, no diplomats, no liaisons...

On a quick side note, I was thinking about a new reaction that would be well welcomed: Craft Clothing Set. Reaction available at the clothier's workshop, available in 3-6 flavours (plant cloth, animal wool, silk and/or dyed plant cloth, dyed wool, dyed silk?), making a whole set of clothing for a single dwarf. The duration can certainly be adjusted to keep it balanced. I think it would be a nice little thing to have! Nothing you must hurry to implement, but nice nonetheless.
Craft cloth set already exists in the craftsman. I cant add stuff to the clothier, and an extra building for this is too much (?) But even I think that the craftsman is packed too full, with 4 pages of reactions...

how can I use the magmatanker? Sounds like fun...
You build tracks to the workshop, make an automatic move/empty command, fill the tanker, when full a dwarf pushes it down the tracks, till you get to the end with a channel next to it and an automatic empty command. Rinse, Repeat... you can actually automate this. Check this thread for all the infos http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=110569.msg3481852#msg3481852

ok this is silly meph, on the loader - init file editor (utilities page obv) doesn't work out of the box ( i presume you have to install it to get it registered on the system) the error reads " Component TABCTL32.OCX or one of its dependancies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid (the install does infact have the file with it in the folder)
I can run it, dont need to install/register it. All you have to do is locate df.exe for it on the startup. Dont know why it doesnt run on your machine, but its not important, most init options are in the settings anyway, on the first page. Or you just open the init and have a look yourself :)

the link to quickfort is a link to http://sun2design.com/quickfort/
In that case the old quickfort website is down, and I will link to the forum thread. Thanks for the heads up.

No. 1: Yet again, reporting the error in golems descriptions. All are described as having been equipped with a spear.
Is fixed. Funnily enough for the third time... Alpha, then the next version I did on the PC and scrapped... and the update I did on the netbook. lol. But you, is fixed.

No 2: Giant drone ants. my god... The amount of duplicate body parts these things have. Have a look at them!
Wut? (testing)

CheatingChicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7872 on: December 29, 2012, 11:36:57 am »

I have a problem getting my Magma Crucible to work.
Itried to build it like this
Code: [Select]
xLx
xxx
xxx
and like this
Lxx
xxx
xxx
L being a channeled tile to a lava reservoir directly below.

Both of the times, when i try to add tasks, it just says
No tasks available
Check for raw material access

and fuel if necessary
The non-magma-crucible works fine though
What am I doing wrong here?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7873 on: December 29, 2012, 11:39:15 am »

I posted that yesterday I think... it is not you, but me who was doing something wrong. Building ID is crucible_magma and reactions go to magma_crucible. I messed up, have fixed it, and will be in the next release. (I was a bit pressed on time on that last release, had a flight, wanted to upload a fix for ascii and ironhand, had not much time)

CheatingChicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7874 on: December 29, 2012, 11:39:56 am »

is this something that can be fixed without regenning the world?
Pages: 1 ... 523 524 [525] 526 527 ... 749