Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 503 504 [505] 506 507 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1836763 times)

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ DF2 - Alpha
« Reply #7560 on: November 30, 2012, 10:32:54 am »

well, even on one of the newest I7, I hardly can go over 800 fps in the start, and it rapidly decrease to the 300-500 range.

While some can see it being really fast, it does go down to a mere 100 after the real industries are running and battles are fought (and a little over 100 dwarves), so that's not that impressive.

Well, if a person is used to 50fps and lower, the default limit of 200 might seem like the dwarves do everything at the speed of light.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

MoloMowChow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7561 on: December 01, 2012, 01:04:26 pm »

I embarked on a half mirthful area, and the mirthful area constantly rains sheep milk and honey bee honey! Kind of annoying that half the map is constantly yellow and white, but is there anything I can do to, I don't know, harvest or catch all this sheep milk and honey? Is there any benefits to have an forever rain of milk and honey?

Gavakis

• Bay Watcher
  • some loser meme
    • View Profile
« Reply #7562 on: December 01, 2012, 02:51:06 pm »

I embarked on a half mirthful area, and the mirthful area constantly rains sheep milk and honey bee honey! Kind of annoying that half the map is constantly yellow and white, but is there anything I can do to, I don't know, harvest or catch all this sheep milk and honey? Is there any benefits to have an forever rain of milk and honey?
No, but at least you can have honey nut cheerios.  :P

MoloMowChow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7563 on: December 02, 2012, 12:01:48 am »

Are nagas trap avoid? They seemingly slithered right over my serrated disk traps.

They are my first invaders too, which is lame because I haven't had any migrants in 2-3 years and the first couple that I did have was a trickle of a few.

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7564 on: December 02, 2012, 05:34:53 am »

Not having any migrants after the first 2 waves is most likely due to your civilization being dead.

SwordofRome

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7565 on: December 02, 2012, 09:21:41 am »

Would someone be kind enough to upload the 1.9.5 version to a mirror or something please? I cant seem to access the site provided

MoloMowChow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7566 on: December 02, 2012, 01:42:08 pm »

Not having any migrants after the first 2 waves is most likely due to your civilization being dead.

Wow, a civilization can die while playing a fortress? They still seem to be there in the civilization screen though and their merchants are still coming (I think).
Which file can I look at to see which monsters are tap avoid and which aren't?

Bjo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7567 on: December 02, 2012, 03:19:38 pm »

Hey guys,

at first, this mod is great! It adds more value to the game and removes unnecessary things like 100 different leathers/logs and makes squadequip somewhat easier. I think, vanilla DF (unless Toady fixes some things) died for me :P Many thanks, and keep up the good work!

Aside the praise, i have a bug to report and a question.

BUG: The Still (not just the brewery!) seems bugged, when you brew a specific drink: The finished brews "hangs" in the still, unavaiable to drink or haul. When i raze the still, the drinks disappear completely. My last fortress dehydrated almost of this :(

Q: I use Phoebus graphictiles, but for some reason, the harvestable bushes are just green/red squares with a symbol on it. I played LNP before i installed the mod, and used phoebus, too. The bushes looks nice. I've copied the graphicset from LN to MW, but no changes. Not a big thing, but i want this in MW, too. How can i change this?

Again, great mod so far and thanks for it!

PS: Oh, i forgot, i use 1.9.5
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 04:47:00 pm by Bjo »

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7568 on: December 02, 2012, 05:44:56 pm »

@MoloMowChow: not quite, the first two waves are hard coded, and will happen as long as your fort is standing.
So you will always get those waves, even if your civ is dead.

@Bjo: strange bug, my stills work perfectly when I ask for a specific drink.
As for the bushes, same as above, I don't have any problems with mine, and I am indeed using phoebus too.
My first action in your case would be to delete the masterwork folders and extract it again for a fresh install, might help.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

Bjo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7569 on: December 02, 2012, 06:02:52 pm »

@slay:
I'm sure, it happens with a specific plant. My early fortress ran out of alk, and a caravan arrived.With strawberries and Longland grass, i had no problems. Then, I bought fisherberries, prickleberries and a new "weed" (doesn't remember the name, but made whiskey of it). Brewed them all manually. No one stored the drinks or can't drink at the still, the 25 whiskey and 15 wines stuck in the still.

Well, i've deleted and repacked it 2 times, downloaded a new DFMW.rar, no fancy bushes. Toggled between "more trees/plants" in the options. No fancy bushes. Yes, it's strange.

PS: Oh another question, really minor thing, but i'm curious about the new evil races, like dark drows, dark dwarves etc. I've turned them off, but they build fortresses in world gen. Means it, they are there (legend viewer says, no dark drow/dwarf civs) or are the fortresses occupied by another evil race? Btw, it's a dark elf and a drow not the same thing? :P
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 06:22:39 pm by Bjo »

MoloMowChow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7570 on: December 02, 2012, 06:46:24 pm »

@MoloMowChow: not quite, the first two waves are hard coded, and will happen as long as your fort is standing.
So you will always get those waves, even if your civ is dead.

@Bjo: strange bug, my stills work perfectly when I ask for a specific drink.
As for the bushes, same as above, I don't have any problems with mine, and I am indeed using phoebus too.
My first action in your case would be to delete the masterwork folders and extract it again for a fresh install, might help.

True, but I did have a dwarven caravan come by, and the dwarven civilization still appears in the civilization screen it seems, but does that not update if it dies? In anycase, now that you mention it I only did get 2 waves of migrants so something is amiss it seems. Sad thing is this is done on a Gaia map as well.

Bjo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7571 on: December 03, 2012, 12:18:08 am »

Don't if it's a bug, but i can't cut rough fire opals for some reason. Stored them in a bin (not forbidden or something) and doesn't have the"cut" option in jewelers workshop. Other gems are fine to cut, but not the fire opal. Can someone confirm it?

EDIT: nvm, restartet the game, and now i can cut them.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 12:25:33 am by Bjo »

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7572 on: December 03, 2012, 04:09:12 am »

Wow, a civilization can die while playing a fortress? They still seem to be there in the civilization screen though and their merchants are still coming (I think).

Had that in my civilization screen too, but after 2 years with no migrants, I concluded that the dwarven civilization is there solely because of MY fortress still kicking around.

Which file can I look at to see which monsters are trap avoid and which aren't?

For fortress defence monsters it's in creature_fortdefense.txt

Particularly this part:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Omeganaut

• Bay Watcher
  • eshimdomnothry (FreedomSlavery)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7573 on: December 03, 2012, 10:27:57 pm »

So the beginners fortress and quick fortress macros are broken.  When I tell it to start, it works a keystroke off if I use it after hitting d to bring up the designations, and doesn't work at all if I don't have it there already.  I tried it every way I could think of, but it always would be designating the wrong way around.
My extended sig
Includes the one and only !!DrunkFortress!! quote anthology.
Also: Bay 12 Archeology!  I bring the word of Bay12.  And the word is despair
I'm back, but I can't be consistant enough for games... Sorry!

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7574 on: December 04, 2012, 02:27:41 am »

Well that's not the part of MW i think - it is included in original DF. But you should have designation opened and your cursor should be on the grass at the moment - so it can start digging down. I think if it sees your cursor somewhere else it cancels. Though i never tried it myself - my fortress designs are too different from what they do:)
Pages: 1 ... 503 504 [505] 506 507 ... 749