Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 497 498 [499] 500 501 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1836611 times)

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ DF2 - Alpha
« Reply #7470 on: November 14, 2012, 04:50:34 pm »

Going to ask again, since this is driving me bonkers.

Do you guys encounter human's at all in .5 version? Sieges? caravans? Anything? I can't find WHY they won't show up for me, while every other race does. Yes, all the settings for them to appear are right, 13+ civs exist, diplomats aren't bugged according to dfhack, yada yada. >.<
Press c in game to get a list of civilisations, if humans are missing from there then you don't have contact or they were wiped out in world gen. Could be the usual vanilla reasons of them not being able to reach you because of water or mountains in the way. I have had them in 1.9.5, they aren't bugged.

@SaintWacko - it's disabled as there's a problem with right and left handedness on gauntlets so they can't be worn, something like that. It mentions this in the building guides.

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7471 on: November 14, 2012, 05:14:15 pm »

On Linux, could I start the windows launcher with Wine, configure stuff and then run the native Linux version, or is there  no way to easily configure the Linux version? Because if there isn't, I don't think I can bring myself to play this :/
That would work. The launcher just does find/replace on the text files (raws) The one thing I would watch out for is the 'macros' that are included in the windows version. They cause the mac version to crash, and may have similar problems on linux.

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7472 on: November 14, 2012, 05:20:44 pm »

also: the 2 alfa package is missing some files ?

Do I have to unzip it WITH the 1.9.5. package ?

After world generation, wich options can be turned on without really losing the effects ?
for example, can I activate extra buildings, casts and mages after a while I started ?
and beasts and megabeasts will exist after a world generation that did not include them ?
Missing files (Alpha): No, don't use 1.9.5. The files you are looking for are in the normal dwarf fortress zip. You need to extract dwarf fortress into the df folder.

After world creation only options to the ini files can be changed. These are the options on the first page... temperature on/off, pop/cap, fullscreen, tilesets ect.

Everything else requires a new world to be generated. Also some of the tilesets change the ini's AND raws, and so will cause graphics glitches (like mushrooms in walls) if you do not regenerate the world.

SaintWacko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7473 on: November 14, 2012, 05:27:02 pm »

@SaintWacko - it's disabled as there's a problem with right and left handedness on gauntlets so they can't be worn, something like that. It mentions this in the building guides.

Oh, okay. I keep forgetting about the building guides. A lot of them seem to be out of date.

Justyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7474 on: November 14, 2012, 05:55:23 pm »

Okay, is there a way to change the golem forge to just produce golems instead of turning the strand extractor into a golem?

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7475 on: November 14, 2012, 07:49:26 pm »

After world creation only options to the ini files can be changed. These are the options on the first page... temperature on/off, pop/cap, fullscreen, tilesets ect.

Everything else requires a new world to be generated. Also some of the tilesets change the ini's AND raws, and so will cause graphics glitches (like mushrooms in walls) if you do not regenerate the world.
This is not strictly true, you can alter (i.e. edit) many things in the raws after worldgen, like what tile is used to display something.
You however can't add things like creatures, reactions, and buildings to the raws after worldgen.
Also some parts of the raws can't be edited after worldgen, like which reactions a civilization has access to for example.

The GUI does not support making these kinds of changes to save files, just the raws that are used to generate new worlds.
You can change the tileset of a save if you change the saves raws to those for the new tileset.
As long as non-graphics parts of the raws remain unchanged and no mistakes are made in the process of changing the raws you will not have any graphics glitches at all.
It is not easy to change the tileset of a modded fortress though I have done it before but I don't recommend you try it unless you know how tilesets work and understand the mods you are using.

The Alpha version only has one tileset right now, more are planned for the future.

Using v1.9.5 if you know the settings you used to generate the raws in a save and you want the change its tileset you can
generate new raws using those settings but changing the tileset to a different one and replacing raws in the save with the new raws generated by the GUI.
Make sure you backup the raws for the save first though in case you don't get the GUI settings right the first time.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

Beenoc

• Bay Watcher
  • To live, one must first be born.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7476 on: November 14, 2012, 09:48:55 pm »

Just curious: did you base any of this mod on Dragon Age: Origins at all? Urn of Sacred Ashes, sacrificing dwarves to become golems... etc. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
This is a dwarf. It is decorated with dwarfiness and menaces with spikes of Brit. Engraved on the dwarf is an image of a dwarf digging a hole. This relates to the digging of a hole by Honeydew the dwarf in 2011.

I was the deceased vessel through which dark magick was done and Necrothreat III was created from the ruins of my old forum posts: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=118805.0

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7477 on: November 15, 2012, 12:15:05 am »

@arclance, to clarify, I meant by just using the included GUI.

SabbyKat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7478 on: November 15, 2012, 05:19:07 pm »

Going to ask again, since this is driving me bonkers.

Do you guys encounter human's at all in .5 version? Sieges? caravans? Anything? I can't find WHY they won't show up for me, while every other race does. Yes, all the settings for them to appear are right, 13+ civs exist, diplomats aren't bugged according to dfhack, yada yada. >.<
Press c in game to get a list of civilisations, if humans are missing from there then you don't have contact or they were wiped out in world gen. Could be the usual vanilla reasons of them not being able to reach you because of water or mountains in the way. I have had them in 1.9.5, they aren't bugged.
I've seen humans often enough.  Many worlds seem to be missing at least one civilization, I suspect they died out in world creation.  I've generated worlds with no surviving civilizations, kinda annoying when you only finally realize after about 4 years of play.

To clarify, I see them in the 'neighbor' list, I see them in the other modes, etc. my current world has 12 surviving human civilizations, and adventure mode I embarked into 3, to see them quite well and prospering.

thus, I can only assume one of the functions in the launcher is causing this issue. Such as 'friendly races, humans, yes' or 'evil humans, yes' or similar functionality that alters humans. Though, I've tried to alter these all up in various combo's to no results after 5 year tests with no invaders (and invaders for two attempts) without seeing a trace of them ever show up, across many embarks, a few of which I placed right beside human civilizations...

I'm stumped.

I can toss up the world I'm testing this on atm, if requested - or I can show some screenshots from in game to prove human's exist and are quite well. Really confusing to me - as I fresh-installed .5 version of the mod, absolutely nothing touched beyond the launcher settings, and human's won't show as always. So clearly, it's something with the mod itself, some combination of what I'm doing that is causing this... just a matter of what. :P
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 05:23:39 pm by SabbyKat »

WaffleEggnog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7479 on: November 15, 2012, 07:44:25 pm »

Is the Church of the dark Depths broken? I went through a ton of trouble to get the materials, but it still says I need 10 bone blocks when I have over 40. Am I missing something here?

Help pl0x?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 08:06:21 pm by WaffleEggnog »
WHEN POSSIBLE, I PREFER TO CONSUME YOUR FACE.

DoctorEasy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7480 on: November 15, 2012, 08:38:31 pm »

I'm new using this Mod and I've played it for some days.

In the enabled furnaces I cant find either the Blast Furnace nor the Magma Blast Furnace even though I've enabled the Adv.Metaworking and Metalworking.

Also, It would be really awesome if job priority for prisoner/wounded feeding and conduct meeting could me increased.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7481 on: November 15, 2012, 08:49:40 pm »

In the enabled furnaces I cant find either the Blast Furnace nor the Magma Blast Furnace even though I've enabled the Adv.Metaworking and Metalworking.

Also, It would be really awesome if job priority for prisoner/wounded feeding and conduct meeting could me increased.

Pretty sure blast furnace was removed.

Job priority can't be increased. We can't do that with modding.

DoctorEasy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7482 on: November 15, 2012, 09:34:08 pm »

Pretty sure blast furnace was removed.

Job priority can't be increased. We can't do that with modding.

I've noticed some caravans burst into flames after arriving to the depots and just set the entire grass environment to fire (destroying the fps counter in the process). Also, why were the blast furnaces removed, I am very interested in hearing the reasons.

Jwguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7483 on: November 15, 2012, 09:37:32 pm »

Attempted to use the Dance of the Dead with the Music Stage. Resurrected close to 100 corpses.

The only issue is that it immediately caused a giant war between the corpses and my military, and was completely negative, overall. x,x
I love the needlessly sarcastic, sardonic, and cynical masses. Mostly because 10% of them are simply like that, while the other 90% thinks it makes them look cool. Morons~

JosephWongKS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7484 on: November 16, 2012, 12:31:15 am »

Attempted to use the Dance of the Dead with the Music Stage. Resurrected close to 100 corpses.

The only issue is that it immediately caused a giant war between the corpses and my military, and was completely negative, overall. x,x

This just gave me an idea for speed-training my military without the use of danger rooms.  Thanks for the inspiration.
Pages: 1 ... 497 498 [499] 500 501 ... 749