Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 496 497 [498] 499 500 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1836629 times)

SaintWacko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ DF2 - Alpha
« Reply #7455 on: November 13, 2012, 02:16:01 pm »

Grrr... Why do my dwarves keep insisting on making their artifact weapons/armor out of iridium when I have slademantine I want them to use?

SabbyKat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7456 on: November 13, 2012, 03:43:17 pm »

1) The only fix I have had for flying seiges is to removing the [FLIER] tag from all of the seige cretures in the raws. I have not done that in a while but I thinkit is safe to do after world gen.

7) Runed weapons have a "special" attack that occasionaly goes off for extra damage.

8 ) I've had Frost Giants drop bi-frostin my game. There are frost giants and Fortress Defense Giants so you may have the wrong ones showing up.

9) I've had orcs, badgermen, pandashi, jotun, and I think spider fiends. MW does not seem as reliable for getting all of the seiges in one fort as FD does. I belive short world gen tends to help as none of them races get killed off during world gen then.

thanks for some responses!

1 - that's what I feared. But if I remove this from Nightwings for example, that just negates their 'danger' by a good bit... yet they often get stuck. >.<

7 - ahh, so like an enchant. Thanks! That clarifies a good bit. So definitely worth adding to any weapon you can. Is Silver worse then gold, or two different effects?

8 - I may have the wrong type of giants, yep. Rim Giants aren't frost giants it seems. Jotun siege defense race, if I know my north myth, is ogres, and frost giants are the ones I haven't met for some reason.

9 - yeah, that's the thing. Like humans, I've been across dozens of forts and never seen these races ever, and I've had many embarks at year 0-1 area, to ensure they weren't 'dead'...

Well! Hopefully others can fill in the missing questions and/or help solve the mystery of missing races and matters!

SaintWacko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7457 on: November 13, 2012, 03:47:42 pm »

Where in the raws is it determined which materials can be requested specifically? I'd like to disable Iridium so that my dwarves stop making things out of it instead of slademantine.

Thudde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7458 on: November 13, 2012, 06:35:49 pm »

Is there an official place to post issues with "Alpha"?  I built an Armory and started making plate armor.  I find that the "Make copper armor plate" reaction instead of making pieces of plate, makes a random copper tool.  I've produced copper bowls, copper jugs, copper pots, copper fishing nets, copper fishing poles, and even copper dynamite with the reaction.  Copper dynamite?!  The "Add plates to ____" reaction uses a random tool as well.  Mostly its been using my stone pots.   This makes making plate armor pretty easy, but I don't think thats the intent. 

Justyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7459 on: November 14, 2012, 05:37:44 am »

I just got a magma golem forge up, and despite having all of the components for it (bars and mechanisms), I can't build any golem casts. Nevermind, I just didn't have enough mechanisms.

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
  • [NEED ALCOHOL TO GET THROUGH THE WORKING DAY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7460 on: November 14, 2012, 07:20:48 am »

This alpha version seems amazing, but I'll wait until the "stable" comes out ;)

Hope it will take less than a month :D

Dwarfotaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7461 on: November 14, 2012, 08:04:18 am »

I only just found this mod. I consider myself a 'vet' of Dwarf Fortress as I've explored most of what it has to offer.

However, just looking at this mod intimidates the hell out of me. It sounds very confusing compared to what I'm used to... I'm not sure if I'd be interested in learning all this. Can anyone give me a brief overview of things that may tempt me to try it out? Or perhaps a way to disable most of the features and just try a couple out at a time?

Stormbuilder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7462 on: November 14, 2012, 09:21:26 am »

I only just found this mod. I consider myself a 'vet' of Dwarf Fortress as I've explored most of what it has to offer.

However, just looking at this mod intimidates the hell out of me. It sounds very confusing compared to what I'm used to... I'm not sure if I'd be interested in learning all this. Can anyone give me a brief overview of things that may tempt me to try it out? Or perhaps a way to disable most of the features and just try a couple out at a time?

Hey - if you download the 1.9.5 version (so basically, the last "stable one"), it has a launcher which allows you to select what options are enabled. If you want, you can even play an almost vanilla version with only a few FPS-enhancers, which are enabled by default.

Hmm...things that might interest you.

1) Sieging races! Forget the boring goblins! Embrace the flying nightwings, the devastating Frost Giants, the heavily armed Orcs, the Giant Demonic Spiders and 10-15 others.

2) Turrets and mines! Unleash the fury of a hellfire turrett (well, actually I prefer the slade turrets). Of course, you must construct your defensive structures appropriates

3) Revamped metal industry - new buildings which allow you to make volcanic metal (combination of slade and steel), also you can create runic weapons and plate armor - which have a 5% chance to become magical.

4) Magic - very difficult, but you can end up obtaining necromancers, healers, firemages, demon-bounds, earth-bounds and stone-bounds. The fire mages are very likely to kill themselves and your warriors, though.

To sum up, !!FUN!!.

Gokajern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7463 on: November 14, 2012, 10:48:32 am »

Can the skill aether fractures be used by adventurers?

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
  • [NEED ALCOHOL TO GET THROUGH THE WORKING DAY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7464 on: November 14, 2012, 10:48:59 am »

This seems all very exiting to me ;)
But considering I'm in my first big fortress, I'll wait to loose have fun and then I'll install Masterwork when the 2.0 it's stable.

Stormbuilder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7465 on: November 14, 2012, 12:56:23 pm »

This seems all very exiting to me ;)
But considering I'm in my first big fortress, I'll wait to loose have fun and then I'll install Masterwork when the 2.0 it's stable.

I think it's going to take quite a while for 2.0 to be stable, because Meph is basically doing everything all over.

Furthermore, a lot of races have been eliminated to refocus on a smaller set - so it's a new and different mod.
Try the 1.9.5, you won't regret it ;)

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
  • likes skeletons for their afros
    • View Profile
« Reply #7466 on: November 14, 2012, 02:45:13 pm »

On Linux, could I start the windows launcher with Wine, configure stuff and then run the native Linux version, or is there  no way to easily configure the Linux version? Because if there isn't, I don't think I can bring myself to play this :/

SabbyKat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7467 on: November 14, 2012, 03:08:37 pm »

Going to ask again, since this is driving me bonkers.

Do you guys encounter human's at all in .5 version? Sieges? caravans? Anything? I can't find WHY they won't show up for me, while every other race does. Yes, all the settings for them to appear are right, 13+ civs exist, diplomats aren't bugged according to dfhack, yada yada. >.<

SaintWacko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7468 on: November 14, 2012, 03:24:32 pm »

I just got a magma golem forge up, and despite having all of the components for it (bars and mechanisms), I can't build any golem casts. Nevermind, I just didn't have enough mechanisms.

Heh, I did the exact same thing.

Quick general question: Why is the Add Plates to Gloves reaction disabled? Is it okay to re-enable it?

Thudde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7469 on: November 14, 2012, 04:22:28 pm »

I've seen humans often enough.  Many worlds seem to be missing at least one civilization, I suspect they died out in world creation.  I've generated worlds with no surviving civilizations, kinda annoying when you only finally realize after about 4 years of play. 
Pages: 1 ... 496 497 [498] 499 500 ... 749