Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 494 495 [496] 497 498 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1836484 times)

Old Bones

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro skub
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ DF2 - Alpha
« Reply #7425 on: November 08, 2012, 07:29:22 pm »

My game crashes whenever I try to make Vellum.

Tally

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7426 on: November 08, 2012, 08:47:35 pm »

Ash can be made with almost every reaction in the crematorium. If you live in a tree-poor biome, consider making a crematorium, and burning other renewable resources that you aren't using that much of. Making sets of clothes just to burn them isn't a terrible idea in this case.

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7427 on: November 08, 2012, 09:21:08 pm »

hey, that's not such a bad idea, but still, my question was "how do I make bonemeal?" ^^

Anyway, I just dumped 200 clay pot into lava and made some green glass ones instead.
Just noticed that glass is really a good material for quite a lot of things, as it's quite light.

If those damn minautors weren't trap avoid, I could have tested the green glass pike and saw blade, but I guess it will have to wait for more common enemies that won't behead my full steel army in one go...
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

Tally

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7428 on: November 08, 2012, 09:49:25 pm »

You make the bonemeal at the boneyard. Requires 2 totems, 2 bones, and 2 boulders (could probably make them with blocks? Haven't built one yet) to build. Be aware that all the reactions in the boneyard will consume a full stack. Avert the losses from that however you want to, I suppose.

Stormbuilder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7429 on: November 09, 2012, 12:15:22 pm »

So...give me a challenge? something new to do? :D Perhaps I should learn how the stupid minecarts work.

Go over the the Succession Fort where we are testing the alpha, download the save and take a turn. Everyone involved just got HAMMERED by real life, and we do not have a current overseer. Please do be careful not to let the kings prized lizards die, and do feel free to use the volcano that the fort is built into the side of to protect you from the three massive hostile civilizations that surround us. So far each overseer has built themselves a palace inside the palace of the previous overseer along with their own defensive system (usually involving flooding outer layers with magma). It is a sort of russian doll motif.

I have no idea of course if the dwarfs are actually fed or not, but I'm sure we left plenty of challenges in that save file.

That sounds like a terrible idea. I am in. Link?

Jwguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7430 on: November 09, 2012, 10:41:41 pm »

I managed to sort out the crashes for now. Changing Dwarf Fortress to Windowed Mode has somehow stopped them, thus far.

Though, a question: I've thus far had two Artifacts made in my fort, A Great Bow, and a Perfect Emerald. Both are worthless (<1*). Is this a bug? I've never come across worthless (Impractical or Unusable, maybe) artifacts before, until playing this particular version of Masterwork Dwarf Fortress
I love the needlessly sarcastic, sardonic, and cynical masses. Mostly because 10% of them are simply like that, while the other 90% thinks it makes them look cool. Morons~

JosephWongKS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7431 on: November 10, 2012, 01:40:54 am »

I managed to sort out the crashes for now. Changing Dwarf Fortress to Windowed Mode has somehow stopped them, thus far.

Though, a question: I've thus far had two Artifacts made in my fort, A Great Bow, and a Perfect Emerald. Both are worthless (<1*). Is this a bug? I've never come across worthless (Impractical or Unusable, maybe) artifacts before, until playing this particular version of Masterwork Dwarf Fortress

That's their weight, not their value.

Tally

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7432 on: November 10, 2012, 02:48:16 am »

I've managed to sort out some crashes, myself.

My original theory that tree farming caused crashes is debunked. I planted tree seeds in my latest embark, they've grown with no problems.

Vellum, instead, causes crashes. However, I have managed to make vellum on several occasions without crashes, so there is some particular variable that causes this one. My theory, although untested so far, is that only suede will properly turn into vellum without crashing the game. I should test this soon.

Thudde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7433 on: November 10, 2012, 03:54:31 pm »

Is tree farming not working in Alpha?  I can't plant any of my tree seeds.

Justyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7434 on: November 10, 2012, 06:15:11 pm »

Is tree farming not working in Alpha?  I can't plant any of my tree seeds.

Are they actual "tree" seeds? Because if that's the case, try planting them in an above ground farm if you've been working in an underground one.

Tally

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7435 on: November 10, 2012, 07:19:40 pm »

Tree seeds are planted aboveground.

Also, one of my starting dwarves in my latest fortress turned out to be a warlock spy. I didn't even know that was possible! Fortunately, he died pretty easily, but not before murdering my marksdwarf in training (who managed to lodge a couple bolts in his ass, literally), and injuring my metalsmith.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 07:23:35 pm by Tally »

Justyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7436 on: November 10, 2012, 09:40:31 pm »

Also, one of my starting dwarves in my latest fortress turned out to be a warlock spy. I didn't even know that was possible! Fortunately, he died pretty easily, but not before murdering my marksdwarf in training (who managed to lodge a couple bolts in his ass, literally), and injuring my metalsmith.

:o How did you find that out?

Tally

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7437 on: November 10, 2012, 09:53:58 pm »

:o How did you find that out?

Both his left and right buttocks were wounded, and going into the spy's inventory screen (before his death) showed that he had a bolt stuck in one of them.

Thudde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7438 on: November 10, 2012, 10:03:02 pm »

Yeah, I know tree seeds are planted above ground (I love Masterwork tree farms).  But no, I can't plant tree seeds in my above ground farms in my Alpha world.  So they do work?  My site has normal climate, I have purchased seeds and also hundreds collected from a Timberyard but they don't show up on the plant list for my farms.  Guess I can try another world.

WaffleEggnog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7439 on: November 10, 2012, 10:04:33 pm »

I have a in-game question to ask. Not sure if this is considered a spoiler or not, so il put it in a spoiler in case.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
WHEN POSSIBLE, I PREFER TO CONSUME YOUR FACE.
Pages: 1 ... 494 495 [496] 497 498 ... 749